GSP wants Silva

Junglebird

He has been as high as 192 and Silva has been 223 admitted by Soares.

So GSP might think he would not be 20 lbs disadvantage,but i bet he would.

Also height makes a difference in grappling if he can't take him down,Silva would be using that extra weight to lean on him.

Another thing is that Silva does not carry any extra weight in his legs,so his upper body would be much bigger.

If they are going to make it a super fight,then why not have both step on the scales 10 minutes before the fight?That is a WAY better scenario because Silva would not want to embarrass himself being much bigger than GSP.A weigh in does nothing to making it legit,Silva can hide his real fight weight like that.

The other reason to do it right before fight is,what happens if Silva can't make weight?You think for one minute GSP will say no?All these guys have to big of egos to say no,they are afraid it makes them look weak.So if he can't make weight and they still fight ,what was the purpose of a weigh in?Actually what is the purpose of the weigh in anyhow,it has no bearing on the actual fight weight.

So GSP might think he would not be 20 lbs disadvantage' date='but i bet he would.

Also height makes a difference in grappling if he can't take him down,Silva would be using that extra weight to lean on him.

Another thing is that Silva does not carry any extra weight in his legs,so his upper body would be much bigger.

If they are going to make it a super fight,then why not have both step on the scales 10 minutes before the fight?That is a WAY better scenario because Silva would not want to embarrass himself being much bigger than GSP.A weigh in does nothing to making it legit,Silva can hide his real fight weight like that.

The other reason to do it right before fight is,what happens if Silva can't make weight?You think for one minute GSP will say no?All these guys have to big of egos to say no,they are afraid it makes them look weak.So if he can't make weight and they still fight ,what was the purpose of a weigh in?Actually what is the purpose of the weigh in anyhow,it has no bearing on the actual fight weight.[/quote']

I agree. Why don't they start doing weigh-ins right before the fights? It would make people fight in their own weight (unless they want to fight dehydrated). Day-before weigh-in is a carry-over from Boxing, but I don't know why the UFC adopted it to begin with.

If i had a say in GSP's corner he would make quick work of Silva,round 1.No fooling around NO pretend boxing,take him down,pin one arm and elbow him.

Silva cannot handle GSp's cardio,he cannot match his ground game,but he can match his speed standing up.

Condit imo has better cardio than Silva as well and could defeat him if he could force the action for a couple rounds.The problem is Jackson would talk Condit into running,which would equal easy win for Silva.

I have no issue with GSP fighting someone bigger than himself for once.

Silva is arguably smaller than GSP' date=' Silva has chicken legs and GSP has a barrel Torso with a 76in reach.[/quote']

I have a hard time seeing the height advantage not working severely against GSP. I know the reach is actually similar, but height still has advantages. Everyone thinks the key is to put Silva on his back but that has never worked for more than one round; excluding the broken rib fight with Chael.

I have a hard time seeing the height advantage not working severely against GSP. I know the reach is actually similar' date=' but height still has advantages. Everyone thinks the key is to put Silva on his back but that has never worked for more than one round; excluding the broken rib fight with Chael.[/quote']

well GSP is ****ed because Condit is 6'2 also

GSP by Chael P. Sonnening.

Agreed. Chael showed how to beat Silva. What is upsetting is that if you give Chael and Silva to fight 100 000 rounds, Chael will no doubt win significantly over 50% of the rounds. He just got caught the first time, and fell the second time. Oh well, GSP will follow Chael's gameplan and expose Silva.

Would be funny if GSP gets Chael as a training partner to train for Silva :D

And when GSP can't take Silva down and gets KO'd will everyone realize that GSP is not a finisher unless he's getting finished?? :P

Can't take Silva down? That's what Silva fanboys said before the 2nd fight, that Silva made adjustments or his rib was hurt the first time. And what happened? 4:56 of the round he was already on his back, arguably losing that round 10-8. Lols.

So GSP might think he would not be 20 lbs disadvantage' date='but i bet he would.

The other reason to do it right before fight is,what happens if Silva can't make weight?You think for one minute GSP will say no?All these guys have to big of egos to say no,they are afraid it makes them look weak.So if he can't make weight and they still fight ,what was the purpose of a weigh in?Actually what is the purpose of the weigh in anyhow,it has no bearing on the actual fight weight.[/quote']

A flabby Anderson whose not in camp and scarfs down Big Macs could go into the 220's, but when he's in-shape he comes in at around 197 before the cut. That's the same ballpark as GSP on fight night, okay? People need to stop inflating the size issue, it's miniscule at best. Georges cuts nearly twice as much weight fighting at 170lbs.

As for those complaining about the height difference, Anderson has almost the exact same frame and dimensions as Carlos Condit.

In any case, there is no excuse for this fight NOT to happen now. GSP is willing to do the CW and Anderson is even thinking about going down to WW.

Can't take Silva down? That's what Silva fanboys said before the 2nd fight' date=' that Silva made adjustments or his rib was hurt the first time. And what happened? 4:56 of the round he was already on his back, arguably losing that round 10-8. Lols.[/quote']

LoL GSP got beat up by Jake Shields 'Nuff Said!

So when GSP finishes Anderson will everyone admit that MW is a weak division' date=' and Anderson's "legacy" is a joke?[/quote']

Dude, c'mon with the butt ache. You haven't learned a single thing from Sonnen losing twice. If you took out GSP and inserted Sonnen, you would never need to type again, just copy and paste. What has GSP finished in the last 100 years? Sonnen is a far better wrestler and a million times more aggressive than GSP.

You should consider yourself lucky. If any other member had welched as magnanimously as you have, there would be pictures of Bright in pigtails, drinking grape juice, after every post you made. You besmirched the entire forum and Reapers_Bane by not following through with your bet. He (Reap) would have honored the bet, as he does with all YT, AVI, SIG bets that he is involved in. The fact that you are getting a free pass really irritates me. You were so positive that Sonnen was going to beat Silva that you made that stupid bet. I told you not to. I said "never bet against Anderson". You did, he lost, and you should honor the bet, because your hatred for Anderson is borderline obsessive and obviously delusional.

Dude' date=' c'mon with the butt ache. You haven't learned a single thing from Sonnen losing twice. If you took out GSP and inserted Sonnen, you would never need to type again, just copy and paste. What has GSP finished in the last 100 years? Sonnen is a far better wrestler and a million times more aggressive than GSP.

You should consider yourself lucky. If any other member had welched as magnanimously as you have, there would be pictures of Bright in pigtails, drinking grape juice, after every post you made. You besmirched the entire forum and Reapers_Bane by not following through with your bet. He (Reap) would have honored the bet, as he does with all YT, AVI, SIG bets that he is involved in. The fact that you are getting a free pass really irritates me. You were so positive that Sonnen was going to beat Silva that you made that stupid bet. I told you not to. I said "never bet against Anderson". You did, he lost, and you should honor the bet, because your hatred for Anderson is borderline obsessive and obviously delusional.[/quote']

his hero was destroyed, you make all valid points, but I dont mind cutting him slack.

Never bet against Silva, you are right. lol

also, GSP would be finished by 1 punch from Silva

Can't take Silva down? That's what Silva fanboys said before the 2nd fight' date=' that Silva made adjustments or his rib was hurt the first time. And what happened? 4:56 of the round he was already on his back, arguably losing that round 10-8. Lols.[/quote']

Another ridiculous post. Let's really take a hard look at the 1st round in the 2nd fight. He took Silva down rather easily and pretty much immediately. Kudos. However, in the entire 4:54 he carpeted Silva, it took him 4:10 to advance to any position besides the one he gained on the take down. He never postured up to throw any significant strikes. He threw super weak arm punches. I thought that at least 2 times the action was so stagnant that the fight should have been stood up.

Round 2 when Sonnen couldn't get the takedown, the fight was over. He tried some super spinning back fist and landed on his buns. I really wish Lavigne would have let the fight continue a little longer, there was nothing I wanted to see more than an unconscious Chael getting his head and face dribbled off the mat a few times.

Dude' date=' c'mon with the butt ache. You haven't learned a single thing from Sonnen losing twice. If you took out GSP and inserted Sonnen, you would never need to type again, just copy and paste. What has GSP finished in the last 100 years? Sonnen is a far better wrestler and a million times more aggressive than GSP.

You should consider yourself lucky. If any other member had welched as magnanimously as you have, there would be pictures of Bright in pigtails, drinking grape juice, after every post you made. You besmirched the entire forum and Reapers_Bane by not following through with your bet. He (Reap) would have honored the bet, as he does with all YT, AVI, SIG bets that he is involved in. The fact that you are getting a free pass really irritates me. You were so positive that Sonnen was going to beat Silva that you made that stupid bet. I told you not to. I said "never bet against Anderson". You did, he lost, and you should honor the bet, because your hatred for Anderson is borderline obsessive and obviously delusional.[/quote']

Wow, I'm you're a c o c k and because of this post I'm never leaving. I'll make enough alt accounts to make the racists at CD look like small time. And that borderline retard Reaper can post all the pics he wants if that is really the best he has, I feel sorry for him.

He had the opportunity to talk to the mods on having me banned.

I'm not looking to scare anyone' date=' it just seems that according to Asdaking is that this forum is really serious business[/quote']

No it's not serious business at all. You took it serious enough to bet on leaving. You said that if Sonnen lost, you were pretty much through with the UFC. Be a man of your word buddy, that's all I was suggesting. Oh, and the fact that no one is flaming you for welching so horribly.

No it's not serious business at all. You took it serious enough to bet on leaving. You said that if Sonnen lost' date=' you were pretty much through with the UFC. Be a man of your word buddy, that's all I was suggesting. Oh, and the fact that no one is flaming you for welching so horribly.[/quote']

It was a solid escape plan for me to avoid the backlash if Chael were to lose. I enjoy contingency plans. And the bet lost it's fun when Shady got banned.

MMA fans are fickle, as soon as something new pops up old news become irrelevant.

It was a solid escape plan for me to avoid the backlash if Chael were to lose. I enjoy contingency plans. And the bet lost it's fun when Shady got banned.

MMA fans are fickle' date=' as soon as something new pops up old news become irrelevant.[/quote']

Good plan indeed. I am actually scouting new talent for when Silva becomes irrelevant (5 years or so)...

You know I didn't want you to leave, but I have to give you a hard time when you bash Silva or I wouldn't be a true fanboy.

ASdaking is just mad Silva was dominated 5 rounds out of 7 vs Chael.

And was also caught dancing with Maia in the octagon

And he was also caught dancing with Bieber...........

And he took a shotgun to shoot his manager

Honestly, how can someone have respect for this guy is beyond me

Archived