What happens if Franke wins?

TornHonor

Edgar is the ****ing man for staying in the 155 division and fighting these guys so much bigger than him

Oh wait a minute......ya mean he is fighting bigger guys and winning??? Something the LHW fellas are having trouble with against Jones?? Thats right!! I am here to remind ya JBJ haters to take your preperationH before your bedtime! Ya get better coverage if ya let your momma apply it on for you!

Frankie is a baby who cries until he gets what he wants IMO always seemed like it never really liked him. Bendo will kick him in the teeth and then lock in a nasty guillotine

Frankie is the perfect champ to market in the new jersey area. But unlike dan hardy for brits, frankie is still legit

Does Bendo get an immediate rematch?? Is the LW division going to be put on hold once again because of Frankie Edgar and his lame point fighting?

LoL Point Fighter?? Right I forgot because he lays on people all day ala GSP, Jon Fitch and Jake Shields!!??

Or maybe he throws Pitter-Patter Punches all day ala Nate Diaz and Nick Diaz.

Oh that's right Frankie Edgar fights guys bigger than him and BEATS them and even knocks some out ala Gray Maynard who BTW has never been knocked out before!

People on this site are seriously idiotic sometimes.

But did Frankie Deserve the Rematch? Yes but I kind of wish it wouldn't have happened anyways.

LoL Point Fighter?? Right I forgot because he lays on people all day ala GSP' date=' Jon Fitch and Jake Shields!!??

Or maybe he throws [b']Pitter-Patter Punches all day ala Nate Diaz and Nick Diaz.[/b]

Oh that's right Frankie Edgar fights guys bigger than him and BEATS them and even knocks some out ala Gray Maynard who BTW has never been knocked out before!

But did Frankie Deserve the Rematch? Yes but I kind of wish it wouldn't have happened anyways.

stopped reading after that cause your an idiot

anyway Frankie is getting his belt back ;)

LoL Point Fighter?? Right I forgot because he lays on people all day ala GSP' date=' Jon Fitch and Jake Shields!!??

Or maybe he throws Pitter-Patter Punches all day ala Nate Diaz and Nick Diaz.

But did Frankie Deserve the Rematch? Yes but I kind of wish it wouldn't have happened anyways.[/quote']

Frankie is a point fighter for the most part. Yes he's had a few finishes but he doesn't really push to finish. He fights mainly to win rounds with little intention on finishing or breaking his opponents.

I disagree he deserved a rematch. Bendo beat him decisively. Frankie won two rounds tops and that's being generous it was more like one.

It's only because of his past history he's even getting a rematch. The fight wasn't that close to warrant an immediate rematch.

You guys are not true mma fans. the only reason you say he doesn't or didn't deserve a rematch is beacuse of his fighting style not how he actually did in the fight.

Nah i say he doesn't deserve it because it was a decisive loss. It was an ok performance but he clearly lost.

I don't like his style that's his perogative though and more power to him if that works for him. It's not easy to finish the fighters he's facing but he could definitely get after it more instead of focusing on points so much.

Not really. Nate mainly wins by sub? Did Nick Knock out Penn? Did Nate knock out Cerrone? and how many times do you think they got hit??

Your right on Nate but he's still coming into his own. He just started really polishing up his boxing and he's busted up alot of fighters.

Nick has an aweful lot of TKO's on his record but im sure his haters will say it was all cans with glass jaws.

Neither one of them are devastating KO punchers but they get the job done with pressure and attrition. They actually try to finish every fight instead of win on points. I respect that alot more is all.

Nah i say he doesn't deserve it because it was a decisive loss. It was an ok performance but he clearly lost.

I don't like his style that's his perogative though and more power to him if that works for him. It's not easy to finish the fighters he's facing but he could definitely get after it more instead of focusing on points so much.

Yes the ufc is for fighting but doesn't dana try to promote the sport as mma not cagefighting.If i'am correct the point of most if not all martial arts is to inflict as much punishment while taking little to none if possible. So if you want a good fight there's always youtube. But if you want to see actually skill getting in and out with beatiful footwork and striking then watch mma.

Your right on Nate but he's still coming into his own. He just started really polishing up his boxing and he's busted up alot of fighters.

Nick has an aweful lot of TKO's on his record but im sure his haters will say it was all cans with glass jaws.

Nicks most impressive win was Penn. But if Penns gas tank didn't suck so bad at WW he would have kept whooping that ***!

Yes the ufc is for fighting but doesn't dana try to promote the sport as mma not cagefighting.If i'am correct the point of most if not all martial arts is to inflict as much punishment while taking little to none if possible. So if you want a good fight there's always youtube. But if you want to see actually skill getting in and out with beatiful footwork and striking then watch mma.

I enjoy Machida's kind of beautiful footwork and striking. It's because he actually tries to take opponents out. What Condit did against Nick was point fighting and i like Condit and i understand why he did it. Because he would have lost fighting Nicks fight. Guida wasn't even fighting Maynard. I understand why he ran around like a fool for 5 rounds. Because he would have lost badly if he didn't.

A fighter can be a survivalist i get that but this is also entertainment and i for one want to see fighters that try to take it to thier opponents. You talk about skill but there is greater skill at FIGHTING when your intention is to finish. Avoidance to the point of only trying to steal rounds doesn't take nearly as much skill and the fans are the ones who lose seeing two fighters getting after it. They don't need to be wreckless but the intent should be to finish not win on points.

Nicks most impressive win was Penn. But if Penns gas tank didn't suck so bad at WW he would have kept whooping that ***!

Like i said he's tko'd alot of fighters. Some more high calibre than others.

My timeline of hopeful events:

Bendo defeats Edgar

Cerrone defeats Guillard, gets pettis next

Pettis defeats Cerrone

Diaz defeats Bendo

Pettis gets title shot

hence

Nate Diaz vs Anthony Pettis- that is a match I really want to see.

Oh wait a minute......ya mean he is fighting bigger guys and winning??? Something the LHW fellas are having trouble with against Jones?? Thats right!! I am here to remind ya JBJ haters to take your preperationH before your bedtime! Ya get better coverage if ya let your momma apply it on for you!

Jones has a much larger size advantage than that of Frankie's opponents.

I can't wait for Diaz to smash Ben 'I do the Fitch each fight in the UFC and decision out a win' Henderson! This guy sucks' date=' I really hope edger wins but I don't want to see Henderson/Edgar 3![/quote']

Just admit it, you haven't seen his fights have you?

Frankie has a dozen wins in the UFC over great fighters. He beat everyone.

' date='

He gets a rematch on a close decision.

If Henderson loses he will have to fight 4 or 5 good fights to get another shot.[/quote']

If he loses he will drop to 45 where he will likely be 1 win from a shot.

I still don't think Frankie Edgar deserved a rematch, but Dana really has a soft spot for him so it's what we get. If Frankie wins, Bendo is headed to the back of the line and Frankie will get the next number one contender. It doesn't seem fair, but it is what it is.

While I'm no fan of Edgar's, I can't blame him for all the rematches. The first one was on BJ Penn's behalf, and I'm sure Edgar would've liked to have moved on after he initially won the title. A lot of people seem to forget how close the first Penn v. Edgar fight really was - many thought that BJ should've gotten the nod. I also can understand the Gray Maynard rematch, since Maynard was the only blemish on Frankie's record and they fought to a draw. This rematch, however, is solely at the behest of Edgar.

I would like to see him at 145. He'll still be smaller than a lot of the featherweights, and will have a pretty big size disadvantage against huge FWs like Jose Aldo. Nevertheless, I think it will be a better fit for him, and he won't have to cut but 10lbs.

Im actually happy Edgar got his rematch. He deserved it because in my eyes atleast the fight could have gone either way, obviously others have their own opinion. Dana himself thought Frankie won which made it easier for frankie to get a rematch.

I want to address something right here though. People keep saying Frankie keeps getting rematches. Well no, this is the first rematch he has gotten. The other fights he ended the night as champion and so it was his opponents who got the rematch.

People hating on Frankie seriously need to go and watch backyard brawlers. The guy is never in a boring fight, well rounded and fighting at his own weight class where as everybody else emaciates themselves to fight at the weight division below their own.

I believe Frankie will stop Henderson tomorrow night, most likely by TKO. Now you may call me crazy but Edgar knocked him down last time and Guida also knocked him down, take away the upkick and what you have is a routine fight for frankie.

Im actually happy Edgar got his rematch. He deserved it because in my eyes atleast the fight could have gone either way' date=' obviously others have their own opinion. Dana himself thought Frankie won which made it easier for frankie to get a rematch.

I want to address something right here though. People keep saying Frankie keeps getting rematches. Well no, this is the first rematch he has gotten. The other fights he ended the night as champion and so it was his opponents who got the rematch.

People hating on Frankie seriously need to go and watch backyard brawlers. The guy is never in a boring fight, well rounded and fighting at his own weight class where as everybody else emaciates themselves to fight at the weight division below their own.

I believe Frankie will stop Henderson tomorrow night, most likely by TKO. Now you may call me crazy but Edgar knocked him down last time and Guida also knocked him down, take away the upkick and what you have is a routine fight for frankie.[/quote']

Take away the upkick and Benson still wins it by SD.

If Frankie wins, I cry a little inside. For no quantifiable reason, he just annoys me. I thought their first fight was a decisive victory for Bendo, so the re-match strikes me as sour grapes.

If it goes to decision, it leans Frankie's way (8 career decision wins).

Otherwise, it favors Bendo. Although, Bendo has 6 decisions, of which the bulk have come in his latest fights. So maybe it can go either way. With Bendo's 8 submission and 2 KO/TKOs (keeping in mind that one submission was to strikes, which I think ought to be labeled as TKO) he seems to have more ways to win.

I'll be rooting for Benson Henderson and think that Frankie may have used all his luck in cajoling the re-match. Or perhaps, that's just a hope because the guy irritates me.

If Frankie wins' date=' I cry a little inside. For no quantifiable reason, he just annoys me.[/quote']

Dude I feel the exact same way. There's a ton of reasons to like Frankie Edgar. He's a technical fighter, he has heart, he's a nice guy judging by his interviews and countdown shows. He always comes to fight...

But with all the reasons to love the guy he just annoys me to no end. I deeply, sincerely hope tomorrow is the last time we see Edgar in LW. Knowing my luck I'll probably see him regain the title.

Dude I feel the exact same way. There's a ton of reasons to like Frankie Edgar. He's a technical fighter' date=' he has heart, he's a nice guy judging by his interviews and countdown shows. He always comes to fight...

But with all the reasons to love the guy he just annoys me to no end. I deeply, sincerely hope tomorrow is the last time we see Edgar in LW. Knowing my luck I'll probably see him regain the title.[/quote']

This seems to be the consensus on Edgar. By rights he should be a fan favorite but his inability to dominate opponents makes him somewhat stale to watch. He's a technical wizard with tons of heart and skill especially considering the size disadvantage and yet I still want him to lose tomorrow. Mostly because he's been unintentionally holding up the division for a few years and the underdog angle is a non-factor anymore. If you're smaller than the rest of the fighters at LW and choose to stay there don't be surprised when you get outclassed with strength and power. I'll be happy when Bendo submits him and he moves to FW to give Aldo a little test(which won't amount to much because Jose will beat him in every aspect of MMA)

Archived