A question many gay people have trouble with

DL4TRU_STRENGTH

Why is it so many of you tend to treat anyone who chooses to seek help for being gay, or even decides to turn away from that lifestyle, with such contempt and disdain?

During the chick fil a controversy - a rather telling issue among the LGBT community surfaced - their hatred of anyone who presumes to want to help anyone who is gay.

I know of several people who attested to the scorn such people are treated with when they seek help, it's almost as if they are being excommunicated from a religious sect. It's rather ironic that the same people seeking acceptance once again do the opposite to anyone who doesn't conform to their agenda.

Swap the word gay for Christian in your first paragraph' date=' how would you feel? Obviously they don't feel like there's anything wrong with being gay.[/quote']

Because not all people choose to be gay... It would be akin to someone seeking help for being a certain skin color. This is a nonissue. Quit trying to stir the pot. We all know your stance on the issue.

what these guys said

Not sure how long this is going to last, but who cares what goes on in someone elses bedroom? None of it is any of my business. It is so wrong to lump any groups together because of a common sex life, or anything else.

Worry about your life. Let others live theirs.

Totally not comparable. Most christians still show love and acceptance to those who walk away from their faith.

Its absolutely comparable, in every way. Are you saying the all members of the gay community show disdain and hatred towards anyone who is uncertain of their sexuality? I would challenge you to spend some time talking to members of the LGBT community, you would be most surprised. A lot of people could learn a lot of lessons from them.

You and kevbo do have the option to not participate in this discussion. How about you just walk away instead of showing your asses?

Gotten to so soon

You post a topic in an open forum and don't like a couple of replies, very mature.

If you don't want negative replies, may I suggest that you stop posting

Swap the word gay for Christian in your first paragraph' date=' how would you feel? Obviously they don't feel like there's anything wrong with being gay.[/quote']

lol no, if someone turns away from there faith, there not ridiculed, there probably talked to to try to see if they will come back, but there not gonna be hated on....

NOTE:This is based on present day....

Not sure how long this is going to last' date=' but who cares what goes on in someone elses bedroom? None of it is any of my business. It is so wrong to lump any groups together because of a common sex life, or anything else.

Worry about your life. Let others live theirs.[/quote']

Why would you feel someone who is gay needs help?

How about addressing the question at hand instead of dodging?

lol no' date=' if someone turns away from there faith, there not ridiculed, there probably talked to to try to see if they will come back, but there not gonna be hated on....

NOTE:This is based on present day....[/quote']

They do get ridiculed, I went to a very Christian school, and I've seen it myself personally working both ways. Christians can be the most snobbish, unforgiving, pretentious people going.

My experiences with the gay and lesbian community has been exactly opposite of what you are insinuating. Most gay people who decide on changing their life style are anything but hated by the community. The gay and lesbian community here where I live is a very open and friendly community. We just had our pride parade here this past weekend that was attended by over 700,000 people.

Gotten to so soon

You post a topic in an open forum and don't like a couple of replies' date=' very mature.

If you don't want negative replies, may I suggest that you stop posting[/quote']

No, I just don't suffer the ignorance of fools. You know your input has limits - so why not just bow out gracefully instead of digging your hole deeper?

My experiences with the gay and lesbian community has been exactly opposite of what you are insinuating. Most gay people who decide on changing their life style are anything but hated by the community. The gay and lesbian community here where I live is a very open and friendly community. We just had our pride parade here this past weekend that was attended by over 700' date='000 people.[/quote']

I went to a pride parade a couple of years ago, and it was a great weekend in general, lots of happy people, good entertainment, plenty of food and drink, would recommend it to anyone who has any doubts

They do get ridiculed' date=' I went to a very Christian school, and I've seen it myself personally working both ways. Christians can be the most snobbish, unforgiving, pretentious people going.[/quote']

then you have seen the worst kinds, but what TS is stating is that this is the case with most gay people....your statement is Not with most christians...i know that for fact...

then you have seen the worst kinds' date=' but what TS is stating is that this is the case with [b']most[/b] gay people....your statement is Not with most christians...i know that for fact...

and OP's statement is not with most gay people...

No' date=' I just don't suffer the ignorance of fools. You know your input has limits - so why not just bow out gracefully instead of digging your hole deeper?[/quote']

Seriously, you're the one showing ignorance and intolerance on a regular basis. I shall leave you to your rants and won't bother this sad thread again.

then you have seen the worst kinds' date=' but what TS is stating is that this is the case with [b']most[/b] gay people....your statement is Not with most christians...i know that for fact...

I feel this statement is false, just as you say the statement about Christians is false.

did u not read at all? lol nvm...:rolleyes:

I did, and I stand by my statement that Christians can be the most pretentious, snobbish, ignorant and unforgiving people around, and that OP's statement is inaccurate in everyway, and appears to be a hate thread

My experiences with the gay and lesbian community has been exactly opposite of what you are insinuating. Most gay people who decide on changing their life style are anything but hated by the community. The gay and lesbian community here where I live is a very open and friendly community. We just had our pride parade here this past weekend that was attended by over 700' date='000 people.[/quote']

And how many gay people do you know of that have gone through this?

How many groups & organizations that help gay people are you familiar with?

I did' date=' and I stand by my statement that Christians can be the most pretentious, snobbish, ignorant and unforgiving people around, and that OP's statement is inaccurate in everyway, and appears to be a hate thread[/quote']

of course! anything that has to do with gay people and thats not praising it is a hate thread! of course :rolleyes: lol

Archived