Georges St. Pierre's road back to greatness

rfinaldi

There is no way he maintained top level fitness,so i would assume he has put on some wasted pounds that he will need to lose.I had a couple serious injuries at a much younger age and it set me back close to 2 years,so i would not count out the possibility GSP will not be his full potential.

I have this sneak suspicion Jackson is going to have Condit throw leg kicks at that knee.It will be interesting because it would GSP an easy time to take him down.

I noticed in that video he has the back of an opponent.He had countless opportunities to do that same move in many of fights,yet chose not to.He looks like he is just not comfortable taking any risk at all.

The ONLY thing i would have been working on is his wrestling/conditioning and tons of elbow use.I would normally say work on combos adding in a finish kick,but with a suspect knee,i don't think he should do any kind of kicks.

There is a LOT of force put on one knee more than the other,whichever one he favors using in take downs.Will be interesting to see if he has confidence is total wrestling,or favors the knee a bit for more standup fighting.

There is no way he maintained top level fitness' date='so i would assume he has put on some wasted pounds that he will need to lose.I had a couple serious injuries at a much younger age and it set me back close to 2 years,so i would not count out the possibility GSP will not be his full potential.

I have this sneak suspicion Jackson is going to have Condit throw leg kicks at that knee.It will be interesting because it would GSP an easy time to take him down.

I noticed in that video he has the back of an opponent.He had countless opportunities to do that same move in many of fights,yet chose not to.He looks like he is just not comfortable taking any risk at all.

The ONLY thing i would have been working on is his wrestling/conditioning and tons of elbow use.I would normally say work on combos adding in a finish kick,but with a suspect knee,i don't think he should do any kind of kicks.

There is a LOT of force put on one knee more than the other,whichever one he favors using in take downs.Will be interesting to see if he has confidence is total wrestling,or favors the knee a bit for more standup fighting.[/quote']

Condit is my favorite MMA fighter on earth so forgive me for being slightly biased.

If GSP stands with Carlos Condit. Expect to see another fight like Condit vs DHK.

ok yea GSP is lightyears ahead of DHK but they're styles are similar both word class grapplers who can tie up anyone any day of the week. DHK got the takedown on Condit at one point of the fight. Watch the beautiful, Effortless sweep Condit pulls off and gets back to his feet. Seriously if you watch the fight it looks like Condit isnt even trying. He's no slouch off his back. He's cleaned up his game and he looks better every time he steps into the octagon.

GSP is chinny. He was rocked against Serra. he was rocked against Sheilds. He was rocked against BJ. But GSP is game. He never stops pushing the pace and isnt an idiot. Watch him fight Dan Hardy. He knew Hardy had the edge on the stand up so he simply grappled his *** for 5 rounds. He could potentially try this on Condit. Thats how he would win. The fight could look similar to Condit vs Shields. With Condit doing work off his back. Cutting open Sheilds but ultimately Shields took him down and held him down all 5 rounds.

My money is on Condit. Ive said it since I was a fanboy back in his WEC days. I said Condit will wear UFC Gold. I was right. I said He would beat GSP and I haven't been wrong yet. I Just hope its a good fight.

Archived