For you bloody Brits!

DL4TRU_STRENGTH

The book was better' date=' and the author Andy Mcnabb (former SAS) is bad *** for choreographing the gun scene in Heat.[/quote']

No surprise why that scene is actually used as a training video.

What I can't wait for is the Mitch Rapp series by Vince Flynn to hit the big screen...

Vince Flynn is awesome and has brass balls....he takes on some rather unsavory people and issues and calls them out.

Watching Bravo Two Zero' date=' a film about SAS during desert storm.

Pretty good, very simple, direct and lacking in the typical hollywood pomp.

Almost on par with Act of Valor. I appreciate any military movie that makes a good effort to capture the true style, tactics & attitude of spec ops.[/quote']

The main reason it dosent hold up against Act Of Valor on the movie feel is biggest Bravo Two Zero was made by British TV with a tiny budget in comparison. Which is a shame in a way, but still dosent take away from a great film.

The main reason it dosent hold up against Act Of Valor on the movie feel is biggest Bravo Two Zero was made by British TV with a tiny budget in comparison. Which is a shame in a way' date=' but still dosent take away from a great film.[/quote']

I think if more films like these were made, there would be greater respect & understanding for our military. My wife commented that she thought the guys were overly gruff & rude..to which I replied "really? the movie is tame compared to how we interact for real" The scene where the guy throws the brick at his teammate is a classic example.

I think if more films like these were made' date=' there would be greater respect & understanding for our military. My wife commented that she thought the guys were overly gruff & rude..to which I replied "really? the movie is tame compared to how we interact for real" The scene where the guy throws the brick at his teammate is a classic example.[/quote']

Definitley. Hollywood has overly glamourised these things so much, refreshing to see real stories and real military people showing people what its really like

They really did have to tone down the language of Bravo, couldn't have allowed the dialogue that really goes on in a TV movie

I would advise anyone who hasnt seen either movie to check them out

And if people like to read, the Bravo book is well worth it too

Vince Flynn is awesome and has brass balls....he takes on some rather unsavory people and issues and calls them out.

He is my current favorite author and I have read every book in the series. I am torn as to who I would want to play him. Right now, I'm leaning towards Gerard Butler, but not sure...

He is my current favorite author and I have read every book in the series. I am torn as to who I would want to play him. Right now' date=' I'm leaning towards Gerard Butler, but not sure...[/quote']

Hes a regular guest on the Hugh Hewitt show. His humor is very smooth and so is his ability to be so straightforward and convincing.

Definitley. Hollywood has overly glamourised these things so much' date=' refreshing to see real stories and real military people showing people what its really like

They really did have to tone down the language of Bravo, couldn't have allowed the dialogue that really goes on in a TV movie

I would advise anyone who hasnt seen either movie to check them out

And if people like to read, the Bravo book is well worth it too[/quote']

Ive always said that the biggest test to getting in to special forces isnt the training, but rather fitting in & getting along with teamamates. You have to be able to work with someone who in one moment might cuss you and belittle you in every way, and in the next moment check your gear and ensure your ready to roll.

I kinda think that speaks to our interaction on this forum. lol we can have distaste for our differing opinions, but when it comes to getting real, we are generally on the same page.

I used to say to my guys ( I made squad leader just before I left) that if someone picks on you its because they respect you enough to be honest with you. Its when they ignore you that you have a real problem.

Ive always said that the biggest test to getting in to special forces isnt the training' date=' but rather fitting in & getting along with teamamates. You have to be able to work with someone who in one moment might cuss you and belittle you in every way, and in the next moment check your gear and ensure your ready to roll.

I kinda think that speaks to our interaction on this forum. lol we can have distaste for our differing opinions, but when it comes to getting real, we are generally on the same page.

I used to say to my guys ( I made squad leader just before I left) that if someone picks on you its because they respect you enough to be honest with you. Its when they ignore you that you have a real problem.[/quote']

And that is why you have to be carefully in how you word things on this forum ;) I have nothing against what people say, just point out that wording is important. Although it dosent bother us, many see it as something much more.

And yes, the more crap we throw at you the more respect we have for you son. :cool: Its a good way of separating the top guys from the rest.

Also, I don't have distaste for your views and opinion, we just don't always agree. :)

And that is why you have to be carefully in how you word things on this forum ;) I have nothing against what people say' date=' just point out that wording is important. Although it dosent bother us, many see it as something much more.

And yes, the more crap we throw at you the more respect we have for you son. :cool: Its a good way of separating the top guys from the rest.

Also, I don't have distaste for your views and opinion, we just don't always agree. :)[/quote']

Sometimes wording matters, but also - and I see this alot in this forum - alot of people just dont take time to hear and understand, they respond with knee jerk reactions about what they think they said rather than what you actually said or meant.

Its kinda funny how some teams can be made up of a good variety & contrast in personalities, and yet others can seemingly have a set of guys that grew up together.

One thing that makes a big difference, and this accounts for both online and forums, is if you take time to get to know someone on a more friendly plane - away from the norm - then its easier to develop a more agreeable rapport and thus have better interactions later.

Sometimes wording matters' date=' but also - and I see this alot in this forum - alot of people just dont take time to hear and understand, they respond with knee jerk reactions about what they think they said rather than what you actually said or meant.

Its kinda funny how some teams can be made up of a good variety & contrast in personalities, and yet others can seemingly have a set of guys that grew up together.

One thing that makes a big difference, and this accounts for both online and forums, is if you take time to get to know someone on a more friendly plane - away from the norm - then its easier to develop a more agreeable rapport and thus have better interactions later.[/quote']

STFU and GTFO ;)

Archived