If BJ Had Retained His Title Would Bendo Have Dethroned BJ?

Arenalol

i know theres quite a sizable crowed out there that believes BJ wasnt himself when he fought franky, however i most respectfully disagree. i believe it was the footwork of franky that was very hard for bj to deal with i think its a plus for franky rather then a "bj wasn't himself" kinda thing.

i know theres quite a sizable crowed out there that believes BJ wasnt himself when he fought franky' date=' however i most respectfully disagree. i believe it was the footwork of franky that was very hard for bj to deal with i think its a plus for franky rather then a "bj wasn't himself" kinda thing.[/quote']

its not that "Hes not himself"

its that we know he can train harder and be in better condition, but he dosnt.

I don't think there are many who can beat BJ at LW. Penn lost to Frankie because of Frankie's superior speed and footwork. No one can match what Frankie can do. The only one's who MAY be able to beat Penn are Pettis and Cerrone. I doubt anyone else can keep a good distance and pick Penn apart.

I still feel like a well trained and motivated BJ Penn would destroy everybody at LW. The problem is that BJ Penn hasn't existed for quite a few years now and I doubt he will ever come back.

Very true, so the whole "if BJ was motivated and well trained" excuse should never come up again since he never will be again. Which is unfortunate, I got into MMA when he was a top dog and I thought he would stay there for a bit. Its kinda sad how someone can be so relevant to going in a downfall.

If Bj HAD skills other than that plodding weak jab he uses,if Bj HAD cardio,if Bj Had proper training instead of that garbage gym he hangs out at,if he HAD speed,HAD Quickness,had ANY wrestling he MIGHT be considered for a Title shot.

He is too busy looking for fights with bigger guys,that way he loses he has an instant excuse.If he loses to smaller guys like Bendo or Edgar,it embarrasses him and removes that title of PRODIGY to Cattle PROD.

Bendo would defeat Penn but no matter,i am not a big Bendo fan either,although he does have good cardio and quickness and wrestling all 3 things Penn does not.I can picture Penn he is so predictable,just plodding along slowly on that lead left leg,i wish someone would just kick out that leg,he would probably fall down lol.,the same way Cerrone did it to Nate.

If Bj HAD skills other than that plodding weak jab he uses' date='if Bj HAD cardio,if Bj Had proper training instead of that garbage gym he hangs out at,if he HAD speed,HAD Quickness,[b']had ANY wrestling[/b] he MIGHT be considered for a Title shot.

He is too busy looking for fights with bigger guys,that way he loses he has an instant excuse.If he loses to smaller guys like Bendo or Edgar,it embarrasses him and removes that title of PRODIGY to Cattle PROD.

Bendo would defeat Penn but no matter,i am not a big Bendo fan either,although he does have good cardio and quickness and wrestling all 3 things Penn does not.I can picture Penn he is so predictable,just plodding along slowly on that lead left leg,i wish someone would just kick out that leg,he would probably fall down lol.,the same way Cerrone did it to Nate.

Penn is a good wrestler and Bendo is not smaller than Penn. Just because Penn doesn't have a background in collegiate wrestling doesn't mean he can't wrestle. He's taken Edgar down more than Edgar took him down. He got Fitch down immediately so I'm not sure what you are basing this off of.

By the way Ben Henderson's takedown defense is suspect. If Penn can put a 196 pound Fitch on his back he could easily do it to Ben.

Archived