What superfight interests you?

SAFI_MMA

Diaz vs Silva is the only true super fight

I still say the closest thing we are ever gonna get to a 'super-fight' in the next year are the following fights:

Nick Diaz vs GSP

Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar

JDS vs Overeem

Yes they may not be about people moving up or down (except in the case of Aldo/Edgar), but they are the best fights out there that can/will realistically be made in the near future...

I also think in a couple of years that we will see Aldo move up, making the likelyhood of Aldo vs Bendo or Pettis :cool:

This is the most realistic list but I have a feeling if GSP gets by Condit their's a good chance at seeing the Silva matchup. I think Dana is done milking the Silva teet and knows their both on the downslide. Cruz/Aldo is a possibility too.

If Dana screws Kampmann and Hendricks out of their shots that is total BS, the WW division has been held up for 16 months as it stands!!!

Best thing that could happen for the MMA world is for Condit to beat GSP via close decision... Condit then goes on to face Kampmann/Hendricks winner, GSP faces Diaz in the next title eliminator :cool:

I still say the closest thing we are ever gonna get to a 'super-fight' in the next year are the following fights:

Nick Diaz vs GSP

Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar

JDS vs Overeem

Yes they may not be about people moving up or down (except in the case of Aldo/Edgar)' date=' but they are the best fights out there that can/will realistically be made in the near future...

I also think in a couple of years that we will see Aldo move up, making the likelyhood of Aldo vs [b']Nate Diaz[/b] :cool:

Fixed

Jones/Silva makes the most sense right now.

JDS still has a few challenges with Cain, Overeem and Cormier, not to mention Bones needs time to bulk up to truly compete at HW.

GSP will have his hands full with a growing list of legitimate contenders.

Silva and Jones have already cleared their respective divisions of any convincing threats for the time being(assuming Hendo doesn't pull off a miracle). I think Silva vs Jones is a very real possibility in early 2013. Despite their claims of mutual respect and friendship, money trumps all and when Dana offers them superfight money it will happen.

Jones/Silva makes the most sense right now.

JDS still has a few challenges with Cain' date=' Overeem and Cormier, not to mention Bones needs time to bulk up to truly compete at HW.

GSP will have his hands full with a growing list of legitimate contenders.

Silva and Jones have already cleared their respective divisions of any convincing threats for the time being(assuming Hendo doesn't pull off a miracle). I think Silva vs Jones is a very real possibility in early 2013. Despite their claims of mutual respect and friendship, money trumps all and when Dana offers them superfight money it will happen.[/quote']

^^ I agree

:D Maia' date=' Leites and Lutter are all better pure BJJ practitioners with equal takedown ability.[/b'] There's absolutely no chance of Silva getting caught by a much smaller fighter in Diaz.

LOL no

Diaz only has one equal in BJJ and that is Matt Brown but Matt Brown kinda cheats because he is immortal

After seeing how often Jon Jones gets caught, I think there are too many heavy weights that could easily knock him out. With this in mind, it doesn't seem right to insinuate that Jon Jones could just move up to heavy weight and get a free title shot when a good portion of the gatekeepers there would likely finish him by KO.

After seeing how often Jon Jones gets caught' date=' I think there are too many heavy weights that could easily knock him out. With this in mind, it doesn't seem right to insinuate that Jon Jones could just move up to heavy weight and get a free title shot when a good portion of the gatekeepers there would likely finish him by KO.[/quote']

Not a Jones fan, but he's only gotten caught by people with very quick striking. Who at heavyweight, besides JDS, would be able to threaten him with pure speed?

Archived