Does anyone know why Jose Aldo isn't ahead of GSP or Jon Jones on P4P?

RogerJones620

Non-troll thread' date=' but why does Jose Aldo get so little attention? Is it because he is fighting at a smaller weight class?[/quote']

Mostly due to the fact that the 145, 135 and 125 classes are still fairly new to the UFC. People who followed the WEC already knew that Aldo was a beast, and he will get more attention as he continues to finish fights impressively.

Jones and GSP have faced tougher competition...?

I'm not an MMA expert, but I haven't seen Jose Aldo fight any cans. Everyone in that weight division seems to be fierce competition, but he makes it look easy. It's similar to why the middle weight and light heavy weight divisions look so weak. Dominant champions make everyone else look bad. :-\

I'd say because GSP has been the dominant champion for MUCH longer. Jones because he has faced tougher competition (higher profile competition), though I don't totally agree with this one. Just like Jones, Aldo makes the rest look bad. I see them equal.

#1 Anderson

#2 GSP

#3 Aldo

#4 Cruz

#5 Jones

Agreed, the smaller weight classes just dont get the credit they deserve...

For top ten I would probably add these:

#6 JDS

#7 Overeem

#8 Hendo

#9 Bendo

#10 Barao

Notables: Condit, Edgar, Melendez, Rockhold, Mo Lawal

Agreed' date=' the smaller weight classes just dont get the credit they deserve...

For top ten I would probably add these:

#6 JDS

#7 Overeem

#8 Hendo

#9 Bendo

#10 Barao

Notables: Condit, Edgar, Melendez, Rockhold, Mo Lawal[/quote']

I have to give hendo a higher nod though. Maybe even over the 135ers. Hendos career is legendary p4p greatness

mostly due to the fact that the 145' date=' 135 and 125 classes are still fairly new to the ufc. People who followed the wec already knew that aldo was a beast, and he will get more attention as he continues to finish fights impressively.[/quote']

i'm not an mma expert' date=' but i haven't seen jose aldo fight any cans. Everyone in that weight division seems to be fierce competition, but he makes it look easy. It's similar to why the middle weight and light heavy weight divisions look so weak. Dominant champions make everyone else look bad. :-\[/quote']

^^these

He is like Silva/JDS,he cannot handle Take downs/wrestling.

Aldo is a splitting image of Silva,he looks great if allowed to just stand and turn MMA into a K1 match,but it is not K1,it is MMA.

The problem is it is predominantly a USA sport[started in Vegas]majority were USA fighters.How many real good wrestlers from USA have we seen?NOT many,hence GSP makes all these champions look so bad and he is not even a wrestler by nature.

So for now and maybe a few more years,strikers can still look good as long as they are able to avoid any good wrestlers.

I have seen a LOT of dumb *** fighters,Matsychenko didn't use wrestling and got killed,Faber-Aldo no wrestling,Cerrone-Nate.So even though we might have some guys who can take them down,for some stupid reason they play into the strikers game.We even saw Jones take too long to dismantle Machida last time,when should have been a first round finish.

How about Hominick?He waited too long,he DOMINATED Aldo when he took him down and he was darn near stopped by the doctor.I think it was the severe head injury that woke him up and said,i better take this guy down.

Nobody is talking Mark Hom but in reality ,he should have beat Aldo.Jose was making excuses before and after that the weight cut was too hard,well too bad,that is what you get for trying to cheat your fellow fighters.

He is like Silva/JDS' date='he cannot handle Take downs/wrestling.

Aldo is a splitting image of Silva,he looks great if allowed to just stand and turn MMA into a K1 match,but it is not K1,it is MMA.

The problem is it is predominantly a USA sport[started in Vegas']majority were USA fighters.How many real good wrestlers from USA have we seen?NOT many,hence GSP makes all these champions look so bad and he is not even a wrestler by nature.

So for now and maybe a few more years,strikers can still look good as long as they are able to avoid any good wrestlers.

I have seen a LOT of dumb *** fighters,Matsychenko didn't use wrestling and got killed,Faber-Aldo no wrestling,Cerrone-Nate.So even though we might have some guys who can take them down,for some stupid reason they play into the strikers game.We even saw Jones take too long to dismantle Machida last time,when should have been a first round finish.

How about Hominick?He waited too long,he DOMINATED Aldo when he took him down and he was darn near stopped by the doctor.I think it was the severe head injury that woke him up and said,i better take this guy down.

Nobody is talking Mark Hom but in reality ,he should have beat Aldo.Jose was making excuses before and after that the weight cut was too hard,well too bad,that is what you get for trying to cheat your fellow fighters.

I honestly lost track of what you were talking about. :confused:

The problem is it is predominantly a USA sport[started in Vegas]majority were USA fighters.How many real good wrestlers from USA have we seen?NOT many' date='hence GSP makes all these champions look so bad and he is not even a wrestler by nature.

So for now and maybe a few more years,strikers can still look good as long as they are able to avoid any good wrestlers.[/quote']

There are/where many good wrestlers. Brock was a Div I two-time NCAA champion. Didn't seem to help him against Cain. Kos was an accomplished college wrestler too but he decided to stand up against GSP for reasons that escape me. We'll see how Cormier, an Olympic wrestler, does against Frank Mir. Bader was an accomplished wrestler, but he has rarely used it in the UFC (not sure why either).

There are/where many good wrestlers. Brock was a Div I two-time NCAA champion. Didn't seem to help him against Cain. Kos was an accomplished college wrestler too but he decided to stand up against GSP for reasons that escape me. We'll see how Cormier' date=' an Olympic wrestler, does against Frank Mir. Bader was an accomplished wrestler, but he has rarely used it in the UFC (not sure why either).[/quote']

I take it you didn't watch Bader vs Rampage?

Jones and GSP have faced tougher competition...?

Im confident all things being equal physically Aldo could beat GSP and Jones. Which is exactly what p4p means. It's skills. Aldo has the tools to give both of them hell taking him down and his standup is superior by far.

Im not so sure about Anderson though.

There are/where many good wrestlers. Brock was a Div I two-time NCAA champion. Didn't seem to help him against Cain. Kos was an accomplished college wrestler too but he decided to stand up against GSP for reasons that escape me. We'll see how Cormier' date=' an Olympic wrestler, does against Frank Mir. [/b'] Bader was an accomplished wrestler, but he has rarely used it in the UFC (not sure why either).

I can't see him doing much wrestling.

I think he'll be far too busy punching Mir in the face.

He is not ahead of them on the p4p list, because the p4p list is all just a matter of opinion. It isnt real, it isnt used in ranks, everybody has there own opinion on who the top p4p guys are, and nobodys list can ever be proven right, therefore there is no actual #1 or #2 ranked p4p fighter.

He is not ahead of them on the p4p list' date=' because the p4p list is all just a matter of opinion. It isnt real, it isnt used in ranks, everybody has there own opinion on who the top p4p guys are, and nobodys list can ever be proven right, therefore there is no actual #1 or #2 ranked p4p fighter.[/quote']

Just like the rankings.

Also imaginary.

Archived