I guess Frankie is a point fighter...

ItsADonnybrook

... while Bendo stands in the middle of the cage waving his arms around like a wannabe hard-***, throwing phantom jabs that make it look like he is keeping busy on the feet, meanwhile getting blasted several times by Frankie, taken down, controlled, and having to defend several submission attempts.

Yeah, Bendo deserved that win and it can be justified to say that Frankie is a point fighter.

Oh, wait, I'm kidding about that last part.

Frankie Edgar is a straight up point fighter. I agree that Benson hasn't been finishing people either but you can't possibly believe that Frankie Edgar isn't a point fighter. He is THE king of point fighting.

Frankie is definitely a point fighter, but when people call him that in their argument against him while defending Ben who has finished none of his UFC opponents it's kind of stupid.

Frankie stopped Bocek in the first round, Benson took him to a decision.

Frankie is definitely a point fighter' date=' but when people call him that in their argument against him while defending Ben who has finished none of his UFC opponents it's kind of stupid.

Frankie stopped Bocek in the first round, Benson took him to a decision.[/quote']

Ben Henderson has been point fighting as well in his UFC career. I don't like either fighter to tell you the truth. I feel like Frankie Edgar needed to start going for more finishes as the champion. A champion should be defeating challengers easily not tieing with them and forcing rematches while taking an extreme amount of damage. I guess he knows how BJ Penn felt in Abu Dhabi when he "beat" him for the title.

Ben Henderson has been point fighting as well in his UFC career. I don't like either fighter to tell you the truth. I feel like Frankie Edgar needed to start going for more finishes as the champion. A champion should be defeating challengers easily not tieing with them and forcing rematches while taking an extreme amount of damage. I guess he knows how BJ Penn felt in Abu Dhabi when he "beat" him for the title.

"A champion should be defeating challengers easily",

Are you serious? We are in the UFC now bro, theres not much between any of these guys.

You also have to realise that lightweight is the most stacked division in the UFC, theres so much world class talent its unreal.

Throw into the occasion that Frankie is a lot smaller than these guys and your going to be getting decisions and close decisions at that.

Frankie took a little damage to his calf and nothing else, this was his most dominant performance since BJ Penn 2.

Please learn from what I am telling you because I don't get paid for this so would hate to have to teach you twice in one day.

Not really, BJ got a rematch. He got robbed in the rematch.

"A champion should be defeating challengers easily"' date='

Are you serious? We are in the UFC now bro, theres not much between any of these guys.

You also have to [b']realise[/b] that lightweight is the most stacked division in the UFC, theres so much world class talent its unreal.

Throw into the occasion that Frankie is a lot smaller than these guys and your going to be getting decisions and close decisions at that.

Frankie took a little damage to his calf and nothing else, this was his most dominant performance since BJ Penn 2.

Please learn from what I am telling you because I don't get paid for this so would hate to have to teach you twice in one day.

LOL a man that is unable to spell the word "realize" claiming to teach other people. I'm sorry but Frankie Edgar while we did well against Benson and very well against Penn the second time suffered significant damage both times against Maynard and Benson the first time. The size excuse is laughable at best because a fighter always has a choice to fight where he could have a size advantage and gives up the right to be surprised when a larger fighter comes around and overpowers you. Frankie Edgar is going to get the Joseph Benavidez treatment now.

LOL a man that is unable to spell the word "realize" claiming to teach other people. I'm sorry but Frankie Edgar while we did well against Benson and very well against Penn the second time suffered significant damage both times against Maynard and Benson the first time. The size excuse is laughable at best because a fighter always has a choice to fight where he could have a size advantage and gives up the right to be surprised when a larger fighter comes around and overpowers you. Frankie Edgar is going to get the Joseph Benavidez treatment now.

"Realise" is the English spelling.... :rolleyes:

:D:D Hmmm, feel a little silly now don't you? ;)

The size thing is not an excuse, and he was not overpowered. I am going to ignore your posts as you obviously did not watch the fight.

You guys have point fighting and mma fighting completely misconstrued. In 'point' fighting you don't see finishes like Edgar/Maynard 3...Machida/Evans...Machida/Silva...Machida/Bader etc...

Point fighting is actually a great base but definately need more then 'point' fighting skills in the octagon.

Oh and the people booing the Shields vs Herman fight just confirms my ideas of the 'casual' fan. They have no idea how much of a technical and difficult battle the clinch and ground game are and like Rogan said have probably NEVER been on the mat.

You guys have point fighting and mma fighting completely misconstrued. In 'point' fighting you don't see finishes like Edgar/Maynard 3...Machida/Evans...Machida/Silva...Machida/Bader etc...

Point fighting is actually a great base but definately need more then 'point' fighting skills in the octagon.

Oh and the people booing the Shields vs Herman fight just confirms my ideas of the 'casual' fan. They have no idea how much of a technical and difficult battle the clinch and ground game are and like Rogan said have probably NEVER been on the mat.

Quoted for truths

i think last ngihts fight jsut reflected how good both of these fighters really are, make no mistake against almost every other fighter in the LW division they will dominate them.

i think nate doesnt really have much of a chance agaisnt either of these fighters and i really wanna see cerrone vs pettis.

Archived