wingzero8717

The Heat.

Matchup wise Lakers should be able to handle the heat fairly easily

Steve Nash vs Mario Chalmers - Lakers

Kobe Bryant vs Dwyane Wade - Lakers

Ron Artest vs LeBron James - Heat

Pau Gasol vs Shane Battier Lakers

Dwight Howard vs Chris Bosh - Lakers

I dont see how Miami could beat LA 4 out of 7 times.

Ron Artest sucks' date=' but the rest is boss.

I'm a Magic fan, and Dwight had his head everywhere but in Orlando so I'm glad he left.

Thanks for the memories[/quote']

In regards to Artest offensively i agree he sucks but he is still an elite wing defender, and looks like Magic are getting Arron Afflalo, draft picks, cap relief, some young players for Howard.

Magic are also getting at least three 1st rounders as well.

That's the best part

That Laker line up is too old.

They will never make it to the finish line.

I do like the DH pick up though.

He should have gone to the Heat.

Dude, that would never work with the salary cap. I doubt Dwight would be willing to take the vet min :)

That Laker line up is too old.

They will never make it to the finish line.

I do like the DH pick up though.

He should have gone to the Heat.

He might still go to Brooklyn still after this upcoming season is done.

Besides the Lakers being too old and having more opportunity to break down, just look at their players recently.

Howard and his bad back. The guy is a cry baby when he doesn't get his way. Will he have the physical and mental fortitude to last the entire season and into the playoffs? He also has a limited offensive game.

Gasol clearly is declining at this point in his career.

Nash still can't play solid defense and never has in his entire career. He can definitely help out the team's offense, which will help players like Howard who have a limited offensive game.

Artest is the exact opposite of Nash.

Kobe is declining at this point in his career.

The Thunder are still a better team because of their youth and athleticism for both defensively and offensively. Durant is still a beast and he'll only get better - especially if he bulks up eventually, so that he's not so easily pushed around when Durant attempts to play defense.

The Heat still have the best player in the league in LeBron and a top 5 player in Wade. Chris Bosh is still a good player and all three of those players are fairly young. They just picked up an aging Ray Allen who will do exactly what Mike Miller did (although, Ray Allen is more consistent offensively and defensively then Mike Miller). The Heat are still going to have problems against teams who have strong interior offensive games. Also, the Heat will always cause teams to get into fouling trouble because of Wade and LeBron always attacking the basket.

The Lakers better hope that Howard can help the defense to such an immense point because a lot of players are going to breeze by Steve Nash consistently. It'll probably get Howard, Artest, Gasol in foul trouble because of that.

I hate the NBA now

-stacked teams leaving only 3 possible title winners (heat' date='lakers,thunder,bulls maybe assuming rose will ever be 100 percent again)

- fixing games with spotty refs[/quote']

yet new york can't buy a ****in team to save our city :mad:

lol at people who think the Lakers arnt about to run the league with this team.

They have a floor general, a scoring machine, an elite defender, a 7 footer, and the most dominant center in the league.

If last years lakers made it to the play offs, adding the best floor general and most athletic/dominant center will pretty much make them unstoppable barring an injury.

The best part is now Ray Allen looks foolish for going to miami cause they aint winning **** next year

Yah I don't really get that one...they are the richest team right?

Maybe they just have bad contracts on the payroll...I knew billups when he was there was over paid like crazy

My pistons have this same problem...having huge contracts for guys that used to he good is crazy in rip,prince,Wallace

Also add that the drafts are now fixed I.expect the NBA to see really decline in 20 years or less

i disagree, the knicks have had a rough start to their super team but now that they have some coaching stability and an actual off-season i think they could really be a contender. They do need to find a few more role players to really fill out their team though

Good points,

however I don't think Kobe takes D-wade.

Also, it comes down to bench depth too. Heat had a monster off-season with the Lewis and Allen signings.

Should be an easy assumption that it will be LA and Heat in finals though. Might see LA winning in 7.

Good points' date='

however I don't think Kobe takes D-wade.

Also, it comes down to bench depth too. Heat had a monster off-season with the Lewis and Allen signings.

Should be an easy assumption that it will be LA and Heat in finals though. Might see LA winning in 7.[/quote']

Lakers added Antawn Jamison who had 17 and 6 last year to there bench and resigned Jordan Hill who played oustanding for them off the bench in the post season.

Lakers added Antawn Jamison who had 17 and 6 last year to there bench and resigned Jordan Hill who played oustanding for them off the bench in the post season.

True.

I don't think it's going to be as one sided as people think, however I do think LA wins in 7, mabye 6

Nash is nearly 40 years old I'll take Chalmers. Kobe has more mileage on his body than anyone in the league I'll take Wade all day everyday. Wade is a better rebounder, shot blocker and overall defender. Lebron and Bosh can both guard Gasol. Ron Artest is a stupid piece of **** that should never be allowed to play again.

Howard can score all he wants and it still wouldn't matter. I doubt the Lakers even make the finals.

Nash is nearly 40 years old I'll take Chalmers. Kobe has more mileage on his body than anyone in the league I'll take Wade all day everyday. Wade is a better rebounder' date=' shot blocker and overall defender. Lebron and Bosh can both guard Gasol. Ron Artest is a stupid piece of **** that should never be allowed to play again.

Howard can score all he wants and it still wouldn't matter. I doubt the Lakers even make the finals.[/quote']

Nash may be 38 but he is still the best distributor in the NBA and is an elite Jump Shooter he is head and shoulders above Chalmers, Wade cannot guard Kobe as we have seen in the past Kobe is 6'6 and just rises right over Wade for easy jumpers, Sure Artest isnt an elite player but he is an elite defender nobody can lock down LeBron but Artest can make things difficult for him, Bosh and Gasol are a wash both skilled offensively not so much defensively, And Howard will have to be double maybe even triple teamed for Miami to stop him.

Overall Lakers have the best team in the NBA as long as everyone stays healthy.

Nash may be 38 but he is still the best distributor in the NBA and is an elite Jump Shooter he is head and shoulders above Chalmers' date=' Wade cannot guard Kobe as we have seen in the past Kobe is 6'6 and just rises right over Wade for easy jumpers, Sure Artest isnt an elite player but he is an elite defender nobody can lock down LeBron but Artest can make things difficult for him, Bosh and Gasol are a wash both skilled offensively not so much defensively, And Howard will have to be double maybe even triple teamed for Miami to stop him.

Overall Lakers have the best team in the NBA as long as everyone stays healthy.[/quote']

That's a big thing to ask for older people to stay healthy. Part of being older means you're body is going to break down more easily.

And, I would say Chalmers is better then Nash at this point in both of their careers. Nash has NO defense. He's a complete defensive liability. At least with Chalmers, he can play perimeter defense.

I can see the Lakers losing to the Thunder in the WCF and the Thunder playing against the Heat in the Finals again. Only this time, I think the Thunder will win it.

Oh well' date=' just like the Yankees and the Miami Heat, if you can't win a championship, just buy one[/quote']

All professional athletes get paid. They're not doing this for charity. And all the money in the world doesn't buy you a championship. You still need intelligence and luck on your side here and there to win it all.

All professional athletes get paid. They're not doing this for charity. And all the money in the world doesn't buy you a championship. You still need intelligence and luck on your side here and there to win it all.

Yes, but you are forgetting that some franchises have deeper pockets than others and can build championship level teams just by outspending teams in smaller markets. So yes, in this day and age, you can buy championships. The Yankees have bought every championship they have ever won. The Miami Heat would have never won a ring without Lebron. Kobe and the Lakers were done until this deal with Howard and Nash. The window might be small, but if they don't win the western conference and end up in the finals, this season for them will be a bust.

That's a big thing to ask for older people to stay healthy. Part of being older means you're body is going to break down more easily.

And' date=' I would say Chalmers is better then Nash at this point in both of their careers. Nash has NO defense. He's a complete defensive liability. At least with Chalmers, he can play perimeter defense.

I can see the Lakers losing to the Thunder in the WCF and the Thunder playing against the Heat in the Finals again. Only this time, I think the Thunder will win it.[/quote']

Only way Chalmers would be better than Nash is if Nash had 1 leg bro lol, remember Nash had 15 points and 10.7 assists per game(Led NBA) on a bad Suns team last year, He may be 38 but Nash is still the best Distributor and floor general in the NBA, and he is still an elite jump shooter two things The Lakers were lacking last season.

As far as OKC beating LA i dont see that happening remember that series could have easily been tied at 3-3 if it wasn't for 2 fourth quarter blunders by LAL, the addition of Nash will vastly improve them offensively, and the addition of Howard a 3 time Defensive Player of the Year will vastly improve there defence, whether its OKC of Miami Lakers will beat them in no more than 6 games.

Only way Chalmers would be better than Nash is if Nash had 1 leg bro lol' date=' remember Nash had 15 points and 10.7 assists per game(Led NBA) on a bad Suns team last year, He may be 38 but Nash is still the best Distributor and floor general in the NBA, and he is still an elite jump shooter two things The Lakers were lacking last season.

As far as OKC beating LA i dont see that happening remember that series could have easily been tied at 3-3 if it wasn't for 2 fourth quarter blunders by LAL, the addition of Nash will vastly improve them offensively, and the addition of Howard a 3 time Defensive Player of the Year will vastly improve there defence, whether its OKC of Miami Lakers will beat them in no more than 6 games.[/quote']

Dude... the Heat will have Ray Allen as a back up for Wade. They got Rashard Lewis coming off the bench as well.

Hell the Miami Heat could have a videogame type line up with Allen, Wade, Lebron and Bosh on the court at the same time. Good luck stopping that

Whoever Nash is guarding is going to score at will.

nash passes the ball.

kobe shoots the ball.

dwight rebounds the ball.

the rest is meaningless' date=' [b']they have this cinched up[/b]. get ready for all your friends to be saying how they were always fans of the lakers :rolleyes:

Already?

Wow... that's amazing. No need to even play the season... they got this **** locked down tight like a little girls tuna ehh?

The Heat will whoop that *** if the Lakers even get to the finals. Blee dat homie...

Already?

Wow... that's amazing. No need to even play the season... they got this **** locked down tight like a little girls tuna ehh?

The Heat will whoop that *** if the Lakers even get to the finals. Blee dat homie...

if nash doesn't break a hip walking to the court and dwight doesn't have his period again i think nothing will stop them, sucks that a league of teams basically comes down to 3 teams though

Dude... the Heat will have Ray Allen as a back up for Wade. They got Rashard Lewis coming off the bench as well.

Hell the Miami Heat could have a videogame type line up with Allen' date=' Wade, Lebron and Bosh on the court at the same time. Good luck stopping that

Whoever Nash is guarding is going to score at will.[/quote']

Ray Allen shot 26% from 3 in the playoffs this year bro and remember the Lakers added Antawn Jamison who will ne bringing his 18 points and 7 rebounds off the Laker bench.

if nash doesn't break a hip walking to the court and dwight doesn't have his period again i think nothing will stop them' date=' sucks that a league of teams basically comes down to 3 teams though[/quote']

Well, nash will be able to give the team some lacking generalship at the PG position.

Howard .. although the size of a small car, still has some growing up to do mentally.

Dwight Howard is a man, and he should act like a man and accept the fact that he makes millions of dollars putting a ball in a net, and never has to work like the rest of us.

I thought howard should have stayed in orlando, however there are different schools of thought on this.

I just don't like Dwight's crying and whining ... mabye Kobe will whip him into shape.

Ray Allen shot 26% from 3 in the playoffs this year bro and remember the Lakers added Antawn Jamison who will ne bringing his 18 points and 7 rebounds off the Laker bench.

Yeah you're right Ray Allen is a terrible player and won't make any impact coming off the bench for the heat... :rolleyes:

You're going to discredit one of the best shooters to ever play the game off this years playoffs? Come on bro Dwight Howard isn't even healthy and won't be to start the season. For all we know he may never be the same player again. He *****es and moans enough as it is... I'm sure Kobe will love that ****.

You guys are complaining about your teams..The bucks have just been disappointing year after year.

man you cant even talk i have been a kings fan for life and in addition to them sucking, i have to see the lakers have a godly starting 5 when the refs and lakers screwed us out of rings in 2002

Archived