Would Anderson vs GSP sell out Cowboy Stadium?

dmxyo

It should sell out easily,EXCEPT Americans tend to be homies,so no USA title shot means it might struggle a tad.USA is a HUGE country,if they cannot sell out then it would prove that MMA is still not a very recognizable sport.

After seeing that one fight called poorly in Calgary/ Canada and i am not sure you could trust anything in Brasil either,i guess USA it has to be.

Sometimes CFL football reaches the 20k mark ,so man o man if MMA GSP-Silva can't sell out 80k,i would sell the UFC quick.

There has been exactly 107 50,000+ fans for a CFL game over the years.CFL is not considered a huge sport by any means and if the UFC took a back seat to the CFL,i doubt Dana could do anymore bragging.

They should do it in the Brazilian super stadium

then it would sell out

Problem is that fair to GSP?It would be like saying have it in Montreal,Silva would probably feel disadvantaged.

Actually Silva lives in thee USA,I am not sure where but he might be able to avoid hotels,idk,GSP would be forced to stay in a hotel for a few days.

I have flown on many planes,you most certainly DO lose energy and your legs are like rubber for almost a full day.Hotels are also crap,i have never got a good nights sleep in a hotel.

Problem is that fair to GSP?It would be like saying have it in Montreal' date='Silva would probably feel disadvantaged.

Actually Silva lives in thee USA,I am not sure where but he might be able to avoid hotels,idk,GSP would be forced to stay in a hotel for a few days.

I have flown on many planes,you most certainly DO lose energy and your legs are like rubber for almost a full day.Hotels are also crap,i have never got a good nights sleep in a hotel.[/quote']

of course it is.

And if Silva lives in the USA like you say, then it would be the same.

GSP lives in Montreal so it would be unfair to have the fight there.

GSP can afford the best Hotels in the world

When he gets KTFO, however, we can say he was jet lagged, and tired from sleeping in 5 star hotels, and the crowd was against him.

It would depend on how much they charge for the nosebleed seats. The cheap seats for a UFC event always go for $100+. If they tried charging that for the top row, there's no way in hell it would sell out. If they had seats for $50 or less, it would definitely fill up.

Oh yeah, and we're talking about Cowboy stadium, in the heart of redneck central. Having two non-Americans in a main event there is far from ideal.

have it at the mcg in Australia 100k people would probably attend defiantly in Melbourne only problem is it would be during the day and the isnt a roof on the g so maybe at docklands 50k people i know the cage is banned in vic but tell em that silva vs gsp is coming they would change that quick

it is neutral ground :D lol

btw i know this will never happen i have accepted that fact that Australia will be doomed forever with ****** no name fight cards.

If Silva had the nuts to fight Jon Jones it would sell out, but he won't. Does anyone know if there is a specific reason he is always so adamant about NOT fighting Jones? He would probably make a couple million bucks after PPV bonuses and all the other bonuses the fighters get here and there. I would fight either of those guys for that much money. I would walk out with my chin up and hands down, just so I wouldn't remember it. Drink milkshakes for a month with my jaw wired shut and spend a few days in the hospital getting IV'd Dilaudid every 4 to 6 hours.

If Silva had the nuts to fight Jon Jones it would sell out' date=' but he won't. Does anyone know if there is a specific reason he is always so adamant about NOT fighting Jones? He would probably make a couple million bucks after PPV bonuses and all the other bonuses the fighters get here and there. I would fight either of those guys for that much money. I would walk out with my chin up and hands down, just so I wouldn't remember it. Drink milkshakes for a month with my jaw wired shut and spend a few days in the hospital getting IV'd Dilaudid every 4 to 6 hours.[/quote']

why would silva move up to 205 to fight a guy that wont be the champ ? now he could have a superfight rematch with hendo at 205 after jones gets ktfo by a massive h-bomb

If they did the stadium it would be a stacked card with a mega main AND co-main event....

Wouldnt surprise me if they did something like Machida vs Hendo for LHW strap for example..

JDS will apparently headline the NYE card this year, question is whether its against Cain or Overeem...

If Silva had the nuts to fight Jon Jones it would sell out' date=' [/quote']

GSP is a WAAAAY bigger draw than JBJ. GSP and Silva have been champs for a long time, and people have been clamoring for this fight for years. JBJ-Silva wouldn't have anywhere near the hype and build-up of this fight. GSP-Silva would sell more tickets than any other match-up, past or present.

If Silva had the nuts to fight Jon Jones it would sell out' date=' but he won't. Does anyone know if there is a specific reason he is always so adamant about NOT fighting Jones? He would probably make a couple million bucks after PPV bonuses and all the other bonuses the fighters get here and there. I would fight either of those guys for that much money. I would walk out with my chin up and hands down, just so I wouldn't remember it. Drink milkshakes for a month with my jaw wired shut and spend a few days in the hospital getting IV'd Dilaudid every 4 to 6 hours.[/quote']

LOL!! I always say the same thing hahahah

yeah it would easily sell out.

I see a lot of people here are saying it wouldn't because not a lot of American fans would come to see this fight and in Brazil and Canada would sell out faster. But haven't you guys seen the amount of Brazilian fans at events in Vegas? There is always a group of Brazilians who come to the states. If the fight were to be booked at Cowboy stadium I guarantee there would be a good amount of Brazilians there and even perhaps Canadians. In addition to the Americans in the states going to the event, the stadium would be full.

Point being I think people are forgetting that Brazilians freaking travel everywhere to see their fighters. No doubt they would do the same for Cowboy Stadium in the event of Silva vs St. Pierre. A good some thousands Brazilians would travel for it. Guarantee bunch of Canadians would do the same.

I think the only way you could sell out a stadium that big is to have two super fights. Something like Lesnar/Fedor and Silva against Jones/GSP. I don't think people actually realize how big that stadium is until you're in it. And plus whoever is in the nosebleeds would end up watching a giant TV.

I'm confident that they'd sell out Cowboy Stadium' date=' they would have to have the co-main event to be up to par also.[/quote']

Anderson Silva vs gsp main

Chael Sonnen vs W Silva co-main

These two fights would sell out a stadium anywhere in the world i would bet my nuts on it

have it at the mcg in Australia 100k people would probably attend defiantly in Melbourne only problem is it would be during the day and the isnt a roof on the g so maybe at docklands 50k people i know the cage is banned in vic but tell em that silva vs gsp is coming they would change that quick

it is neutral ground :D lol

btw i know this will never happen i have accepted that fact that Australia will be doomed forever with ****** no name fight cards.

They'll never have it there, no one wants to watch this fight upside down.

it all depends on the co main event and the card

Main event GSP vs Silva

Co main event Two big names ( Machida vs Shogun, Sonnen vs Vitor)

and a decent main card ( forrest vs bonnar , bader vs vera etc)

U need at least 2 fights with some known names plus anderson vs gsp

Archived