The only effective style, is the one that works

WAMMA

i find it funny when people critique fighters boxing skills or say so and so should have done this and that...

Would you teach Ali to fight like Tyson? How about you try to tell Foreman to fight like Floyd...

This is not a debate on who is better, but newbies, who almost always have absolutely no experience in the cage or even just training, need to understand that there is no perfect style.

Actually, it isn't just newbies, but there is many people who believe that there is one definitive way to block, punch, where the hands should be placed, how you should rotate when you throw leg kicks...

Let me tell you something about leg kicks... If you were to even NIP the side of someone's knee with your shin, you'd be rolling on the floor squealing like a lil kid

Hence, fighters don't always need, or want to throw as hard as they can every time they kick. A great example is K1, where dozens of the world's premiere strikers call home. They throw leg kicks judiciously, but not all of them connect with full force.

Leg kicks aren't only meant to damage the thigh, but to also throw off your opponents timing and balance.

With that said, training for a fight, and actually fighting are different... vastly different. How you show a left hook to a new boxer, is not necessarily how the champions throw it to get the KO. (left hooks in standard stance is usually taught with palms down, when in truth, most formidable champs threw it palms facing them).

It's like the newbies on here that critique JDS' boxing technique, yet it works so well for him. While it might not be text book flawless, it is effective and that's the main thing when it comes to striking or any element of fighting for that matter.

Also when you see a very methodical fighter like Machida, there's more going on then just throwing combinations and repeating mitt drills. He's calculating, and at the same time allowing his instincts to flourish. His style prevents him from getting hit, which is usually the best route for longevity. Machida's chin remains high and straight up, and yet no one seems to be able to get it... minus Shogun vs Machida 2..... and also JBJ

The best style is the style that works for the fighter.

I don't think any of us wants to see two robotic fighters anyway.

Aikido is the best.

i-m-steven-seagal-meme-generator-i-m-steven-seagal-that-s-right-i-m-steven-seagal-287ade.jpg?1312614762.jpg

It would be great to see Aikido used in the octagon but that aint going to be happening any time soon for the next 5-10 years unless a prodigy from the Aikido world just takes MMA world by storm

Its good to dream and that would be great to see

i find it funny when people critique fighters boxing skills or say so and so should have done this and that...

Would you teach Ali to fight like Tyson? How about you try to tell Foreman to fight like Floyd...

This is not a debate on who is better' date=' but newbies, who almost always have absolutely no experience in the cage or even just training, need to understand that there is no perfect style.

Actually, it isn't just newbies, but there is many people who believe that there is one definitive way to block, punch, where the hands should be placed, how you should rotate when you throw leg kicks...

Let me tell you something about leg kicks... If you were to even NIP the side of someone's knee with your shin, you'd be rolling on the floor squealing like a lil kid

Hence, fighters don't always need, or want to throw as hard as they can every time they kick. A great example is K1, where dozens of the world's premiere strikers call home. They throw leg kicks judiciously, but not all of them connect with full force.

Leg kicks aren't only meant to damage the thigh, but to also throw off your opponents timing and balance.

With that said, training for a fight, and actually fighting are different... vastly different. How you show a left hook to a new boxer, is not necessarily how the champions throw it to get the KO. (left hooks in standard stance is usually taught with palms down, when in truth, most formidable champs threw it palms facing them).

It's like the newbies on here that critique JDS' boxing technique, yet it works so well for him. While it might not be text book flawless, it is effective and that's the main thing when it comes to striking or any element of fighting for that matter.

Also when you see a very methodical fighter like Machida, there's more going on then just throwing combinations and repeating mitt drills. He's calculating, and at the same time allowing his instincts to flourish. His style prevents him from getting hit, which is usually the best route for longevity. Machida's chin remains high and straight up, and yet no one seems to be able to get it... minus Shogun vs Machida 2..... and also JBJ

The best style is the style that works for the fighter.

I don't think any of us wants to see two robotic fighters anyway.[/quote']

Haha has the OP watched any fights?

You can CLEARLY see MANY fighters COULD be told to fight a different way because they do a lot of really poor things with their game.

Ever watch GSP throw leg kicks?WASTE of time,he shouldn't even bother unless he wants to train a better technique.

Ever see Tito try to box?Brock Lesnar try to box?You cannot tell me you can't train them and improve them at least 25%?

I have never heard anyone mention a PERFECT fighting style EVER,so not sure where the OP dug that one up?There is however the MOST dominating and productive style to at least be competitive and that is Wrestling.Every striker fears it,Wrestlers control the fight.

As to teaching a certain way to use a technique,of course there is no one BEST way,but you SHOULD at least protect your head and protect from Take downs.Those two areas should be on a fighters mind at all times.

As a fighter,you SHOULD be able to recognize when the other guy is just standing there out of reach ,waiting to counter.That means you don't lunge in off balance like a dumb *** and get suckered.

Hendo is the one blemish on the sport that defies logic.he telegraphs strikes,awkward,super slow,no cardio.What he does is bank on the fact that VERY few if any UFC fighters have good movement and jabs.Silva has BOTH of those,so no surprise he easily handled Hendo,a LOT easier than he handled Sonnen.

Archived