BJ and Shogun

Bobo_Vieri

These 2 must be the most naturally talented/gifted fighters in the UFC. Yet they often show up out of shape and unmotivated. They end up loosing fights they really should be winning. I mean they are 30 and 33 so they should not be over the hill just yet, these guys should still be dominating!!

Penn, yes. Shogun, no.

Penn, Mir, and Silva are in my opinion the most naturally gifted fighters. Two of those have major flaws.

Penn doesn't train as hard and as much as he should.

Mir has a weak chin, but as far as his ground game goes, it's one of the most devastating.

I would have to say that Penn, Mir, and Shogun are certainly some of the most inconsistent fighters in the business.

Any one of those guys have the talent and skills to beat anyone on any given night, unfortunately, I think the mental part of the game is where they fail.

Penn is a hall of famer, and deservedly so, Mir is a potential Hall of Famer, and Shogun is also a potential Hall of Famer.

I dunno what to say really, At least Mir will fight ehomever they offer him. Shogun ducks dangerous fights. Mir is showing his mettle going over to SF to fight Cormier, Penn was willing to test his prowess against one of the hottest up and comers in the fight game, Shogun wouldn't even fight a hyped up Texiera, and chose Vera instead, hand picked a fight with a guy that was freshly cut from the UFC and STILL had a hard time with it lol.

I would have to say that Penn' date=' Mir, and Shogun are certainly some of the most inconsistent fighters in the business.

Any one of those guys have the talent and skills to beat anyone on any given night, unfortunately, I think the mental part of the game is where they fail.

Penn is a hall of famer, and deservedly so, Mir is a potential Hall of Famer, and Shogun is also a potential Hall of Famer.

I dunno what to say really, At least Mir will fight ehomever they offer him. Shogun ducks dangerous fights. Mir is showing his mettle going over to SF to fight Cormier, Penn was willing to test his prowess against one of the hottest up and comers in the fight game, Shogun wouldn't even fight a hyped up Texiera, and chose Vera instead, hand picked a fight with a guy that was freshly cut from the UFC and STILL had a hard time with it lol.[/quote']

Babalu, Rampage, Lil Nog, Overeem(twice), Arona, Coleman(twice), Diabate, Randleman,

Griffin, Liddell, Machida(twice), Jones, Hendo and Vera. You can easily argue that some weren't at their best when he fought them, but they are all dangerous in some respects. You don't get a resume like his by ducking opponents, and when you attain his level of success in the sport you don't have give in when your boss wants to TRY and use you for a stepping stone to fast track his best friend's protege.

I do agree that Penn and Shogun are two of the most inconsistent and disappointing fighters in the UFC at times though.

Mir on the other hand is very consistent. The reason he gets such varied results is due to his opponents mistakes(or lack of) in carrying out a decent gameplan.

Mir is the one with a serious issue with gameplans. Mir is one of the best HWs ever, but his gamplanning sucks something fierce.

Mir is the one with a serious issue with gameplans. Mir is one of the best HWs ever' date=' but his gamplanning sucks something fierce.[/quote']

I don't really care for Mir as a fighter, but he's one of the most cerebral heavyweights in the game. I think he goes in with solid plans and sticks to them fairly well, he just gets betrayed by his own chin. Once he's hurt all it takes is a little self control on the attack and he can't recover. He does deserve credit for his ability to capitalize on other people's mistakes at critical moments though.

I dont think its that they show up out of shape or necessarily dont train. I just dont think they are gifted with the cardio aspect of fighting. IMO its something you have or you dont you can do things to improve it and give yourself more than you have had but at the end of the day if thats a gift you ahve or you dont. Just like you can improve punching powere but one punch KO power is something a guy has or he just doesnt. People online just see guys get tired and instantly start saying they are out of shape or not training and **** like they are sitting in the gym watching fighters.

Archived