7.antonio demarco vs dominick cruz

.wladimir klitschko vs junior dos santos

2.yoan pablo hernandez vs jon jones

3.chad dawson vs anderson silva

4.andre ward vs george st pierre

5.floyd mayweather vs benson henderson

6.manny pacquiao vs jose aldo

Boxers don't know what a takedown, ground control, submission, or GnP is.

1.wladimir klitschko vs junior dos santos-JDS by KO

2.yoan pablo hernandez vs jon jones-JBJ by submission

3.chad dawson vs anderson silva-Silva by whatever he decides

4.andre ward vs george st pierre-GSP by submission

5.floyd mayweather vs benson henderson-Bendo by submission

6.manny pacquiao vs jose aldo-Aldo by some crazy ****

7.antonio demarco vs dominick cruz-Cruz by submission

No matter how good the boxer is they will always get ****ed up by a mixed martial artist, too many tools.

Boxers don't know what a takedown' date=' ground control, submission, or GnP is.[/quote']

Don't forget kicks and knees

Boxers don't know what a takedown' date=' ground control, submission, or GnP is.[/quote']

Very true, but one or two of them could do what Varner did to Barboza.

No matter how good the boxer is they will always get ****ed up by a mixed martial artist' date=' too many tools.[/quote']

Don't forget kicks and knees

^^these.

Boxers are good at one thing. mma fighters have way more tools.

considering a lot of fighters have black belts in one or more disciplines too. take gsp for example-black belt in karate, black belt in bjj, excellent wrestling. or anderson silva black belt in bjj, excellent muay thai, black belt in taekwondo, black belt in judo, yellow rope in capoeria . while a boxer is good at...boxing. wrestling + bjj combo is why I think mma fighters would win.

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and go on if the boxers were at least given a year to work on wrestling and bjj and actually took it seriously (unlike James Toney)

1.wladimir klitschko vs junior dos santos

I think that a more interesting conversation would be how these guys would match up in a kickboxing match. Would the boxer land a big punch before either his legs get taken out or his head gets kicked off?

I like people only acknowledge leg kicks when it's a kickboxer vs a boxer or a mixed martial artist vs a boxer. Not the knees, elbows, punches, kicks, the clinch, the different movements, stances, angles, the difference the rules makes, the 4oz gloves make, the time and rounds make, and so on even simply standing in mixed martial arts.

I just wish they'd make something like Mayweather vs Aldo or Ward vs Anderson and they have an agreement to keep it standing, clown the boxer to death and go home.

It is funny because Vlad is not a good boxer,he is in an era full of weak boxers but has the Jones type height advantage that can cover up for lack of skill.

I would be hard pressed to rate Vlad a B- boxer,yet he would embarrass JDS,who displays LESS than amateur boxing skills.

Hominick is the best pure boxer in the UFC,i doubt many would say he is Olympic calibre but close,he is hands down far superior in every way over JDS's boxing.

There is not one good or even a C rated boxer at HW,so JDS can get away with cowradly counter striking.There is not even many good wrestlers,just a bunch of low skilled big bodies with poor cardio.Even JDs's biggest fear >>Reem has SLOW motion strikes,literally no wrestling,poor defense [sometimes] and yet he is the biggest competitor JDS has.../sad.

I would Silva because of his speed could compete versus elite boxers.Phillapou is a joke,You watch Olympic boxing and see how it is scored,makes me not care one bit about Olympic boxers.

So in the UFC two guys Hominick and Silva,i cannot think of one other elite striker.Aldo is a good K1 type striker and Cung Le is of course world class at K1/Shanshou type striking.

It is funny because Vlad is not a good boxer' date='he is in an era full of weak boxers but has the Jones type height advantage that can cover up for lack of skill.

I would be hard pressed to rate Vlad a B- boxer,yet he would embarrass JDS,who displays LESS than amateur boxing skills.

Hominick is the best pure boxer in the UFC,i doubt many would say he is Olympic calibre but close,he is hands down far superior in every way over JDS's boxing.

There is not one good or even a C rated boxer at HW,so JDS can get away with cowradly counter striking.There is not even many good wrestlers,just a bunch of low skilled big bodies with poor cardio.Even JDs's biggest fear >>Reem has SLOW motion strikes,literally no wrestling,poor defense [sometimes'] and yet he is the biggest competitor JDS has.../sad.

I would Silva because of his speed could compete versus elite boxers.Phillapou is a joke,You watch Olympic boxing and see how it is scored,makes me not care one bit about Olympic boxers.

So in the UFC two guys Hominick and Silva,i cannot think of one other elite striker.Aldo is a good K1 type striker and Cung Le is of course world class at K1/Shanshou type striking.

and you win retarded post of the years award

you are right about klitchko though

I like people only acknowledge leg kicks when it's a kickboxer vs a boxer or a mixed martial artist vs a boxer

Would the boxer land a big punch before either his legs get taken out or his head gets kicked off?

Might want to read the entire post before responding........

^^

this

I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt and go on if the boxers were at least given a year to work on wrestling and bjj and actually took it seriously (unlike James Toney)

mma striking and boxing in general are completely different then the sport of boxing itself (stance ect.)

most of them would probably get tooled in every aspect of the game

also just one year? You are still considered a rookie for wrestling if you've only been at it for 1 - 2 seasons.

1 year is not going to help them against the best in the world. You really think Floyd would be a better MMA fighter than Bendo or Manny would be better than Jose in 1 year? No chance.

Barboza would knock Floyd Mayweather out....real talk. A lot of mixed martial artists would outstrike top boxers too.

I could argue this point forever, but I won't. The fastest, most explosive boxers could avoid takedowns, and have a decent chance of landing power punches before they got caught in a grappling match. Maynard couldn't catch Guida. If Guida could punch, he would have KO'ed Maynard. I would bet on the MMA fighters, but it wouldn't surprise if some boxers got first round KO's.

I am through with this subject.

I think one year could work when you add in their skills as boxers on top of it, as long as they focused on keeping the fight standing and getting back to their feet... it's not like we are going to teach them gogoplatas. I think they would do better than you'd think as long as they had better training and took it seriously. Their reflexes and ability to slip would go miles I think.

just cuz.

I could argue this point forever' date=' but I won't. The fastest, most explosive boxers could avoid takedowns, and have a decent chance of landing power punches before they got caught in a grappling match. Maynard couldn't catch Guida. If Guida could punch, he would have KO'ed Maynard. I would bet on the MMA fighters, but it wouldn't surprise if some boxers got first round KO's.

I am through with this subject.[/quote']

but guida is a experct grappler also thats why he couldn't catch him

a boxer could never and i mean never defend a takedown from a good grappler

Archived