In Frankie Edgars last 5 fights...

OutlinedPie

In Frankie Edgars last 5 fights who thought he lost 3 of his last 5? The three being his first fight with BJ, his second fight (first title fight) with Maynard and his last fight with Henderson. I only added Henderson because I know some people thought he won although I really didn't see it. Just thought it would be interesting to see.

Something as simple as that missing comma in your first sentence can make things so confusing lol.

He did lose the fight with Ben so really the only questionable ones are BJ 1 and Maynard 2. Wasn't there another one even besides Griffin that was questionable, like against Botcek or someone, or was that Jim Miller?

wrong.

He beat BJ, and believe me I wanted BJ to win but after the 5 rounds I knew Frankie was going to take it. He then comes out in his rematch and rapes BJ Penn.

I thought he won 4 rounds of the Maynard fight but haters gonna hate.

I thought he won the Henderson fight but this is all opinion based and the rematch gives him the chance to show whether he is or isnt the best lightweight in the world, I personally believe he is.

Something as simple as that missing comma in your first sentence can make things so confusing lol.

He did lose the fight with Ben so really the only questionable ones are BJ 1 and Maynard 2. Wasn't there another one even besides Griffin that was questionable' date=' like against Botcek or someone, or was that Jim Miller?[/quote']

Frankie stopped Bocek. It was the Bocek -Miller fight that was controversial.

Frankie is the personification of a point fighter. He should've lost against Tyson Griffin, even with Mazzagatti gifting him time to pound on Griffin after a nutshot Tyson should've been given time to recover from.

With BJ, the first fight was close, second not as much.

Regarding Maynard, both times Maynard punched himself out of an early advantage and straight into getting outpointed by Edgar.

Bendo pretty clearly won.

I can't wait to see Frankie lose again.

He lost 4 of his last 5 in my opinion

Both Penn fights

The draw with Maynard

And the Benson fight

He definitely won the second fight with BJ easily. I agree with the draw with Maynard, I thought Maynard should have taken the split decision.

I would have to rewatch Penn/Edgar 1 because I don't remember anythink of that fight, but I'll just take it as it is and say Edgar won.

He lost against Bendo. Rounds 2,4,5 were all Bendos imo.

So I have it Edgar should be 3-2

Ws-Penn1,2 and Maynard3

Ls-Bendo and Maynard2

In Frankie Edgars last 5 fights who thought he lost 3 of his last 5? The three being his first fight with BJ' date=' his second fight (first title fight) with Maynard and his last fight with Henderson. I only added Henderson because I know some people thought he won although I really didn't see it. Just thought it would be interesting to see.[/quote']

^^^ I totally agree

In Frankie Edgars last 5 fights who thought he lost 3 of his last 5? The three being his first fight with BJ' date=' his second fight (first title fight) with Maynard and his last fight with Henderson. I only added Henderson because I know some people thought he won although I really didn't see it. Just thought it would be interesting to see.[/quote']

BJ defo won the first fight.

The rematch BJ was screwed by it taking place in the sweltering heat of Abu Dhabi... Someone like BJ cutting so much weight vrs cardio machine Edgar who doesnt cut any weight... :rolleyes: You could see the effect of the heat on all the fighters on that card.

I still think to this day that BJ would win the rubber match

The 2nd Maynard fight was damn close, because of Frankie's comeback, but regardless Maynard did edge it 48-47 in most peoples opinion.

Bendo defo beat Edgar

Frankie 'The Punching Bag' Edgar.

EVSLB-BK.JPG

no. Its Frankie "The Rematch" Edgar :)

Nickname also works for Roy Nelson.

No. Maybe "the punching bag that fights back". Or Big Country, Whopper McSexy, Big Rig, Cheeseburger Roy, , The Kimbo Killer, Cro Cop Retirer, hell even the man who singlehandedly demolished a Skyscraper. All of those nicknames would work for roy in my opinion.

Frankie is the personification of a point fighter. He should've lost against Tyson Griffin' date=' even with Mazzagatti gifting him time to pound on Griffin after a nutshot Tyson should've been given time to recover from.

With BJ, the first fight was close, second not as much.

Regarding Maynard, both times Maynard punched himself out of an early advantage and straight into getting outpointed by Edgar.

Bendo pretty clearly won.

I can't wait to see Frankie lose again.[/quote']

Hates on Frankie Edgar....His favorite Lightweight? Clay Guida.

tumblr_m6ri1tDLkl1r86q3w.gif

Yep I agree. Penn won the first fight. Maynard could be a 10-7 because that was a brutal beat down' date=' got dropped multiple times. and of course he lost the fight to Benson easily 49-46[/quote']

He easily won the Penn fight and was forced into a rematch against the LW poster boy, drew with Gray and then KOed him in the rematch, then fought a half-Asian fighter in Asia, of course they gifted the decision the other way.

:rolleyes:

The fact everyone is talking about so many points decisions says it all. Frankie is a pain to watch. He has no power and relies on too much evasion to be worth watching. I've hated every one of his fights and only carry on watching to see him get royally tooled. I really hope this is the one and he can fall down the rankings and stop spoiling main events.

I don't know why anyone could hate Frankie

he could be fighting at 145 or even 135 but he chooses to fight guys way bigger than him...

He has the most heart out of any other fighter in the ufc by far.

It's probably because he beat BJ twice and his fans are still butthurt.

Hates on Frankie Edgar....His favorite Lightweight? Clay Guida.

tumblr_m6ri1tDLkl1r86q3w.gif

Aside from his last fight against Maynard, Guida fights to win, and not by points. Was on a three straight submission streak, out-grappled Pettis and got hate from morons and butthurt hype fans, then gave Bendo all he could and it just wasn't enough.

Meanwhile Edgar has been relying on floating and stinging like a butterfly ever since he should've lost to Griffin.

Archived