Why is the United States dominating the medal count?

ASdaKing

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because the US spends all their money on the olympics

I would rather have free health care than a bunch of meaningless medals in the olympics

but hey thats just me, maybe you think winning a couple medals in the olympics every 2 years is worth more than free health care

each to their own

I would rather have free health care than a bunch of meaningless medals in the olympics

but hey thats just me' date=' maybe you think winning a couple medals in the olympics every 2 years is worth more than free health care

each to their own[/quote']

Yea because our government pays for the US athletes to train:rolleyes:

Funding is a big part of it, as well as having a very large population to draw it's athletes from.

India for example, has a massive population but absolutely no funding, and therefore, Michael Phelps alone has more medals than India in it's history of competing in the Olympic Games.

Funding is a big part of it' date=' as well as having a very large population to draw it's athletes from.

India for example, has a massive population but absolutely no funding, and therefore, Michael Phelps alone has more medals than India in it's history of competing in the Olympic Games.[/quote']

this

New Zealand Athletes do quite well out of winning gold.

If representing their country on the world's biggest stage wasn't enough, New Zealand's Olympic athletes also stand to pocket big cash payouts for their efforts.

Our gold medal-winning rowers will pick up $60,000 each before tax, and silver and bronze winners get $55,000 each. The payouts go down to $20,000 for a 16th place, with Nick Willis to receive $25,000 for his 9th place yesterday.

Athletes in team events - deemed to be more than eight members - will get from $20,000 each for eighth place to $35,000 each for winning gold

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/olympics/7442337/Olympic-medals-worth-their-weight-in-gold

this isn't true at all' date=' India has an amazing cricket team and has won 8 gold medals in field hockey[/quote']

Indian cricket has had its ups and downs, but they're fanatical about it principally due to the immense rivalry with Pakistan. It's a national obsession, and in the forefront of every youngsters mind whilst growing up. But many cricketers live very humble lives.

Hockey is the national sport, but most other sports on the agenda are ones that are virtually unknown, many of which aren't in the Olympics. They have been funded since 1984.

A lot of its simply down to population sizes - China and USA are huge compared to the likes of GB so they have an advantage in their pool and choice of athlete's - GB ain't doing too bad though considering the size of the nation.

China actually has sports academies. Which snatch away child prospects to be shaped into the athletes we see representing them in the Olympics.

Thanks to the generous African slavers, who enslaved and sold their own people, America now has a huge advantage when it comes to sprinting and jumping events. Which as anyone with eyes and working brain can see, is something that West Africans excel at.

Fair point it guess. The Olympics are meant to be country vs country' date=' and the US has become a hybrid, no hate, thats just the way it is[/quote']

Well if you want purity you best get your finest native Indian/ Americans into an archery boot camp. The current population of Jamaica aren't the native population. Or Australia, or Britain. But if these athletes are born in their respective countries then as far as I'm concerned, they deserve their place, or in they're nationalised. Anything else is just unworkable.

Well if you want purity you best get your finest native Indian/ Americans into an archery boot camp. The current population of Jamaica aren't the native population. Or Australia' date=' or Britain. But if these athletes are born in their respective countries then as far as I'm concerned, they deserve their place, or in they're nationalised. Anything else is just unworkable.[/quote']

Jamaica is an African country, because it is populated, governed and it's society and culture has been generated by Africans. America and Australia are European countries for the same reasons, although America is slowly but surely becoming another Mexico from the looks of things.

As for Britain's demographics. I think you'll find that the blood of the founding peoples of this island still flows through the vast majority of the population's veins.

Jamaica is an African country' date=' because it is populated, governed and it's society and culture has been generated by Africans. America and Australia are European countries for the same reasons, although America is slowly but surely becoming another Mexico from the looks of things.

As for Britain's demographics. I think you'll find that the blood of the founding peoples of this island still flows through the vast majority of the population's veins.[/quote']

Jamaica's indigenous people are the Arawaks.

So who founded Britain then? Lol.

but hey thats just me' date=' maybe you think winning a couple medals in the olympics every 2 years is worth more than free health care

^^

This

The Olympics are every four years. And people involved in sport tend to be healthier than those who prefer to sit behind a computer.

that probably spans from the american taxpayers pockets

do you think those tiny malnourished deformed starving people in ethiopia ever make the olympics? oh hell no because they dont get the same luxuries. does anybody even know how much it costs just to even train for equestrian and horse dancing events? its outrageous

that probably spans from the american taxpayers pockets

do you think those tiny malnourished deformed starving people in ethiopia ever make the olympics? oh hell no because they dont get the same luxuries. does anybody even know how much it costs just to even train for equestrian and horse dancing events? its outrageous

Eh? Ethiopia and Kenya dominate middle distance running.

I'm not sure if you were serious though.

Jamaica's indigenous people are the Arawaks.

So who founded Britain then? Lol.

Did you ever watch the edd Izard program about Britain finding out where we come from and the wide range of different country's that we have in us.

It showed that down south is more from the French where as the north is more Viking due to what parts they conquered, was a good watch.

Did you ever watch the edd Izard program about Britain finding out where we come from and the wide range of different country's that we have in us.

It showed that down south is more from the French where as the north is more Viking due to what parts they conquered' date=' was a good watch.[/quote']

Was that the one saying there isn't much trace of the romans about like they just up and left without sewing their seed?

It showed that down south is more from the French where as the north is more Viking due to what parts they conquered' date=' was a good watch.[/quote']

That's what I mean. We're a bastardised mongrel nation for sure. Added to which you have the immigration, and those people having children who will be classified as British.

Was that the one saying there isn't much trace of the romans about like they just up and left without sewing their seed?

It could well be mate was a long time since I watched it, remember that bit because it was saying that's why the people from north and south are different because of who conquered those parts of the country.

Archived