Did Silva vs Sonnen 2 hurt a huge draw for the possible super fight?

Brady969

For years everyone has talked about the 'superfight' Anderson Silva vs George's St. Pier but I'm not sure people care as much as they did before Silva vs Sonnen 1 and 2 happened.

Here's my question...

Do you care as much as you did a year ago about the Superfight and do you think if it happens it won't have the draw it would of had if it happened a year or two ago?

For years everyone has talked about the 'superfight' Anderson Silva vs George's St. Pier but I'm not sure people care as much as they did before Silva vs Sonnen 1 and 2 happened.

Here's my question...

Do you care as much as you did a year ago about the Superfight and do you think if it happens it won't have the draw it would of had if it happened a year or two ago?

It's not really even a relevant option at this point. GSP has too much to prove coming off a big injury and the long list of genuine threats within his division. By the time he reestablishes his dominance at WW, Silva will be retired. Especially considering St. Pierre's inactivity even when he is healthy.

Silva needs an accomplished name to challenge him soon. To put him up against GSP now would either force GSP up(which I think he's terrified of) or Anderson down which isn't likely at his age.

What is redundant about a matchup that has never happened and can only turn out one way' date=' according to your statement?[/quote']

Well "redundant" is another way of saying "pointless", and if we already know how this superfight will play out and that it will prove nothing for the victor, then it's kind of "pointless" to have said fight.

Well "redundant" is another way of saying "pointless"' date=' and if we already know how this superfight will play out and that it will prove nothing for the victor, then it's kind of "pointless" to have said fight.[/quote']

'Redundant' means repetitive or excessively overdone, which can only occur if something happens in the first place. But welcome to the English language, with some practice you could bring some sort of useful insight to these conversations. ;)

It was supposed to happen after GSP beat Shields, then it didn't follow through.

Now it's if GSP beats Condit, they'll supposedly fight. I think Silva's management only wants big fights now. They don't care about Weidman. I say if Anderson isn't booked for a fight by November, he's waiting for the outcome of gsp's fight, so then they could possibly make it....possibly...slight chance...maybe.

Here's my question...

Chael Sonnen would smash GSP and Anderson Silva would Destroy him.

This fight should never happen

Chael Sonnen would smash GSP and Anderson Silva would Destroy him.

This fight should never happen

I can't agree. You're using cartoon euphemisms (smash) and doing MMA math. Neither belong in discussions about MMA. While we are at it, let's throw away the term "epic". Cool?

Archived