Should the 265lb weight limit be remove?

therien87

I came across this article and it made me wonder if maybe the UFC should remove the 265lb weight limit at heavyweight and add a cruiserweight class at 230lb.

I'd like to know what people think. Am not sure if it would really matter considering there is not a lot of professional heavyweight that are real superheavyweight. Maybe just removing the cap and no cruiserweight.......

discuss

I came across this article and it made me wonder if maybe the UFC should remove the 265lb weight limit at heavyweight and add a cruiserweight class at 230lb.

I'd like to know what people think. Am not sure if it would really matter considering there is not a lot of professional heavyweight that are real superheavyweight. Maybe just removing the cap and no cruiserweight.......

discuss

cruiser weight should be 220 if they ever added it and no to removing cap because i don't want to see Zulu in the UFC

I don't think there's a need for a cruiserweight division and also no need for a 265 limit. Pride had no weight limit at HW and the best fighters still won(except in extreme cases during open weight tournaments). If fighters like Lesnar or maybe Carwin want to come in heavier than what is currently allowed, then they'll have to deal with the sacrifices in speed and cardio. I don't see any changes resulting from removal of the cap besides the occasional freak show matchup.

It would just thin out the HW and to and extent the LHW division if they did this.

So therefore im against it. Sucks for the super huge dudes i guess but thier isn't much talent above 265 anyway.

This. There's no big Heavyweights anymore. Carwin is almost gone and Overeem has been caught cheating and will likely deflate to the size of WW.. Brock was the only argument for the Cruiserweight division and he lost to to Cain who would fight at it.

125 Fly Champ ???

+ 10

135 Bantam Cruz

+ 10

145 Feather Aldo

+ 10

155 Light Bendo

+ 10

165 Welter St.Pierre

+ 15

180 Middle Silva

+ 15

195 Cruiser Machida

+ 15

210 Light Heavy Jones

+ 20

230 Heavy Dos Santos

+ Open

231+ Super Heavy Overeem

Notice the slight progression of weight. Rather than +15 jumps too early for welter, and then and insane +20 for light heavy, then an ridiculous 60 pound weight class that encompasses the 5 below it. Then the addition of a class that requires no cutting, this allows for 265+ behemoths to add to the depth

Yes please

125 Fly Champ ???

+ 10

135 Bantam Cruz

+ 10

145 Feather Aldo

+ 10

155 Light Bendo

+ 10

165 Welter St.Pierre

+ 15

180 Middle Silva

+ 15

195 Cruiser Machida

+ 15

210 Light Heavy Jones

+ 20

230 Heavy Dos Santos

+ Open

231+ Super Heavy Overeem

Notice the slight progression of weight. Rather than +15 jumps too early for welter' date=' and then and insane +20 for light heavy, then an ridiculous 60 pound weight class that encompasses the 5 below it. Then the addition of a class that requires no cutting, this allows for 265+ behemoths to add to the depth

Yes please[/quote']

Such a fail

Everyone knows the 230 champ would be this animal

PatBarry_original_crop_650x440.jpg?1336269820

125 Fly Champ ???

+ 10

135 Bantam Cruz

+ 10

145 Feather Aldo

+ 10

155 Light Bendo

+ 10

165 Welter St.Pierre

+ 15

180 Middle Silva

+ 15

195 Cruiser Machida

+ 15

210 Light Heavy Jones

+ 20

230 Heavy Dos Santos

+ Open

231+ Super Heavy Overeem

Notice the slight progression of weight. Rather than +15 jumps too early for welter' date=' and then and insane +20 for light heavy, then an ridiculous 60 pound weight class that encompasses the 5 below it. Then the addition of a class that requires no cutting, this allows for 265+ behemoths to add to the depth

Yes please[/quote']

There's not enough good big guys to have a division. Leave it how it is, it's not like it's a problem. They've already ruined the lower weight classes by adding 3 of them and they plan to add 115 when the divisions are all shallow as ****.

Archived