Bendo (speculation) vs Diaz

SirRender

(I know there's already a thread about this, but no poll on that one)

The winner of tonight's fight already has his next opponent lined up, Nate Diaz will finally get his title shot and the seemingly never ending rematches will come to a halt (fingers crossed). I fully believe Henderson will beat Edgar again tonight so I wanted to discuss Nate's chances against Henderson.

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Diaz Bro's fan. I find Nick Diaz to be remarkably overrated and Nate Diaz to be physically inferior to most of the athletes in the LW division. But let's get one thing straight, fighting isn't just about athletic gifts. Fighters without the God-given athletic ability of fighter's like GSP, Lyoto, or Barao have to rely on heart, toughness, and intelligence, which I believe Nate exudes an abundance of. The pre-fight hype Diaz will create should be interesting - unless he decides to downplay it all, which would be very disappointing. I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz try to get under Henderson's skin a little, but Henderson is probably too cool-headed to get caught up in trash talk the way Cerrone did.

But I digress, against Henderson Diaz has a very slim chance of winning (he'd fair better against Edgar imo). I'm not going to say he has ZERO chance because anything can happen, but Diaz struggles against fighters who are stronger than him and we've all seen how impossible it is to submit Henderson. Henderson won't be baited into a boxing/striking match, so Diaz will be spending a lot of time with Henderson in his guard getting some good old GnP on his face on his way to a UD loss.

Who's got Diaz in this fight and how do you see it playing out? [poll incoming]

(I know there's already a thread about this' date=' but no poll on that one)

The winner of tonight's fight already has his next opponent lined up, Nate Diaz will finally get his title shot and the seemingly never ending rematches will come to a halt (fingers crossed). I fully believe Henderson will beat Edgar again tonight so I wanted to discuss Nate's chances against Henderson.

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Diaz Bro's fan. I find Nick Diaz to be remarkably overrated and Nate Diaz to be physically inferior to most of the athletes in the LW division. But let's get one thing straight, fighting isn't just about athletic gifts. [b']Fighters without the God-given athletic ability of fighter's like GSP, Lyoto, or Barao have to rely on heart, toughness, and intelligence[/b], which I believe Nate exudes an abundance of. The pre-fight hype Diaz will create should be interesting - unless he decides to downplay it all, which would be very disappointing. I wouldn't mind seeing Diaz try to get under Henderson's skin a little, but Henderson is probably too cool-headed to get caught up in trash talk the way Cerrone did.

But I digress, against Henderson Diaz has a very slim chance of winning (he'd fair better against Edgar imo). I'm not going to say he has ZERO chance because anything can happen, but Diaz struggles against fighters who are stronger than him and we've all seen how impossible it is to submit Henderson. Henderson won't be baited into a boxing/striking match, so Diaz will be spending a lot of time with Henderson in his guard getting some good old GnP on his face on his way to a UD loss.

Who's got Diaz in this fight and how do you see it playing out? [poll incoming]

I believe GSP is pretty damn physically athletically gifted..

Nate beats both Bendo and Edgar.

What's Nate's best chance at beating Henderson? I think he could out-box Edgar, that's the easier fight for him. But personally, I can't imagine Nate being able to beat Henderson by anything other than a surprise KO. He can't out wrestle Henderson and no one seems to be able to submit him. It won't take Henderson long to realize he probably doesn't want to stand in front of Nate so it'll be a grappling match, one Nate will lose.

What's Nate's best chance at beating Henderson? I think he could out-box Edgar' date=' that's the easier fight for him. But personally, I can't imagine Nate being able to beat Henderson by anything other than a surprise KO. He can't out wrestle Henderson and no one seems to be able to submit him. It won't take Henderson long to realize he probably doesn't want to stand in front of Nate so it'll be a grappling match, one Nate will lose.[/quote']

People said a similar thing before the Cerrone fight and I said then, he will box his head of and smash his face in. Thats what will happen again, only if it goes to the ground he will sub Bendo. Just the way I see it.

and I got dogs abuse for saying that he would do that to Cerrone :)

I do think its unfair to say GSP' date=' Machida, and Barao were gifted their athletic abilities.

You don't know what they've gone through and prob worked their ****ing asses off.

I always hate the term gifted unless you know for sure. Something gifted would be like Jones' reach.[/quote']

The hard work these guys put themselves through is a given. I understand they've devoted their lives to their craft. But they are naturally more athletic. Guys like Cody McKenzie, Nate Diaz are not the natural athletic equivalent of people like Rory MacDonald or Chad Mendes.

But you get my point.

People said a similar thing before the Cerrone fight and I said then' date=' he will box his head of and smash his face in. Thats what will happen again, only if it goes to the ground he will sub Bendo. Just the way I see it.

and I got dogs abuse for saying that he would do that to Cerrone :)[/quote']

BUt like I said, Henderson won't be baited into a boxing match. I live in reality. So does Henderson. He is an intelligent fighter and once he realizes that Nate's boxing is on another level I don't think he will be willing to risk taking 5 to get one. So he'll take him down. It's really Rory vs Diaz 2.

Nate Diaz would do anything and everything to him. Ben Henderson is a freak athlete, Diaz is a fighter who is far more skilled in every area.

On the feet, it'd be close, but it'd be Ben taking the big damage, and on the ground, all Diaz. The only thing Ben would really have on him is clinch.

BUt like I said' date=' Henderson won't be baited into a boxing match. I live in reality. So does Henderson. He is an intelligent fighter and once he realizes that Nate's boxing is on another level I don't think he will be willing to risk taking 5 to get one. So he'll take him down. It's really Rory vs Diaz 2.[/quote']

OK, and everybody said the same about Cerrone. He wouldnt be drawn into a boxing match, he would do this and that.

He will do the same to Bendo or Edagr that he did to Cerrone. If Bendo wants to take Diaz down, he will get subbed. thats my opinion and that is all I am saying. you can come back and quote me on my opinion at a latter date if you like. :D

Nate Diaz would do anything and everything to him. Ben Henderson is a freak athlete' date=' Diaz is a fighter who is far more skilled in every area.

On the feet, it'd be close, but it'd be Ben taking the big damage, and on the ground, all Diaz. The only thing Ben would really have on him is clinch.[/quote']

But Diaz doesn't have explosive damage to his punches. It's just a replica of Nick's boxing style. More peppering and annoying than earth shattering. We both know Henderson will take a page out of Rory's playbook. They'll play BJJ and wrestling, Nate will lock up submissions that Henderson won't tap to. Henderson will then stack Nate up and rain down blows from there. Nate's not strong enough to handle Henderson.

Though, if the judges are taking the new judging criteria seriously, Nate has a chance of using his BJJ to score offensive points with his submission attempts. It could be a close fight is Henderson doesn't due damage.

Nate Diaz would do anything and everything to him. Ben Henderson is a freak athlete' date=' Diaz is a fighter who is far more skilled in every area.

On the feet, it'd be close, but it'd be Ben taking the big damage, and on the ground, all Diaz. The only thing Ben would really have on him is clinch.[/quote']

so diaz is more skilled at wrestling than bendo :)

But Diaz doesn't have explosive damage to his punches. It's just a replica of Nick's boxing style. More peppering and annoying than earth shattering. We both know Henderson will take a page out of Rory's playbook. They'll play BJJ and wrestling' date=' Nate will lock up submissions that Henderson [i']won't[/i] tap to. Henderson will then stack Nate up and rain down blows from there. Nate's not strong enough to handle Henderson.

Though, if the judges are taking the new judging criteria seriously, Nate has a chance of using his BJJ to score offensive points with his submission attempts. It could be a close fight is Henderson doesn't due damage.

Diaz doesn't have any explosive damage? Yet, for starters, he flatlined Gomi with ease, had Cowboy stumbling and limping around without any answers, and had Jim playing his entire game, all wobbly and confused.

Diaz has explosiveness.

Also, Diaz isn't one dimensional, you can't CHOKE Ben Henderson, but if Nate puts him in an armbar or something like that, there's a chance he's got a sub in the pocket. Nobody is immune to submissions.

Henderson is the one you ought to look at for not being a dangerous striker, the last guy he only TKO'd was a can named Shane Roller, who also happens to be a glass chin.

OK' date=' and everybody said the same about Cerrone. He wouldnt be drawn into a boxing match, he would do this and that.

He will do the same to Bendo or Edagr that he did to Cerrone. If Bendo wants to take Diaz down, he will get subbed. thats my opinion and that is all I am saying. you can come back and quote me on my opinion at a latter date if you like. :D[/quote']

Cerrone and Henderson are a different breed, man. You can't really say Henderson will make the same mistake Cerrone did. But if you think Nate can submit him, more power to you. I'm looking forward to watching Henderson get out of Nate's submission attempts. ;)

This fight is definitely more intriguing than Edgar vs Diaz though. Edgar would want to box with Nate and Nate would make Edgar's face hamburger, lol.

If Diaz wins I'd actually be happy for the Diaz fanboys. They'll go nuts. It'll be like going to a Raiders game in here. A lot of yelling and Internet chest pounding about how they were hip to Diaz's P4P #1 status since day 1. ;)

Diaz doesn't have any explosive damage? Yet' date=' for starters, he flatlined Gomi with ease, had Cowboy stumbling and limping around without any answers, and had Jim playing his entire game, all wobbly and confused.

Diaz has explosiveness.

Also, Diaz isn't one dimensional, you can't CHOKE Ben Henderson, but if Nate puts him in an armbar or something like that, there's a chance he's got a sub in the pocket. Nobody is immune to submissions.

Henderson is the one you ought to look at for not being a dangerous striker, the last guy he only TKO'd was a can named Shane Roller, who also happens to be a glass chin.[/quote']

So you're saying I underestimate Nate's power? Fair enough. I think Henderson has more power and strength though. We'll see. If Henderson gets KO'd I'll take two shots in Nate's (and your) honor. ;)

Cerrone and Henderson are a different breed' date=' man. You can't really say Henderson will make the same mistake Cerrone did. But if you think Nate can submit him, more power to you. I'm looking forward to watching Henderson get out of Nate's submission attempts. ;)

This fight is definitely more intriguing than Edgar vs Diaz though. Edgar would want to box with Nate and Nate would make Edgar's face hamburger, lol.

If Diaz wins I'd actually be happy for the Diaz fanboys. They'll go nuts. It'll be like going to a Raiders game in here. A lot of yelling and Internet chest pounding about how they were hip to Diaz's P4P #1 status since day 1. ;)[/quote']

refer to my previous post. those are my belief's and like I said, you can always bring them up again in the future :)

Archived