Romney picks Paul Ryan as VP! =)

KINGnoob

Thank God.

Paul Ryan is a staunch budget cutter. This actually makes the whole ticket a thousand times better. Romney was always just meh to me but Ryan is a champ. Hopefully Ryan can have some serious influence on the budget side of Policy making. Romney/Ryan easily the best choice for the country.

Yeah this garbage interrupted one of my favorite programs on a late friday night...LOCKUP. Yeah that's right....BREAKING NEWS is interrupting an awesome show to tell me who you think Mitt Romney is electing to be a running vice president?!?! And all the promises these phony electees will make and not follow through with?

Where's Ron Paul? :D

Yeah this garbage interrupted one of my favorite programs on a late friday night...LOCKUP. Yeah that's right....BREAKING NEWS is interrupting an awesome show to tell me who you think Mitt Romney is electing to be a running vice president?!?! And all the promises these phony electees will make and not follow through with?

Where's Ron Paul? :D

Unfortunately theres too many dumb dumbs to get Ron Paul elected. Ill settle with a Paul Ryan ticket though.

Paul Ryan's record...

-Voted YES on TARP (2008) -Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008) -Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008) -Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)

Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs -Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003) -Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006) -Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008) -Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)

Paul Ryan on Education Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position, which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.

-Voted YES on No Child Left Behind Act (2001)

Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties -Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005) -Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005) -Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad -Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002) -Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003) -Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006) -Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Congressman Ryan supports the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, federal bailouts, increased federal involvement in education, unconstitutional and undeclared wars, Medicare Part D (a multi trillion dollar unfunded liability), stimulus spending, and foreign aid.

...still excited??

Paul Ryan's record...

-Voted YES on TARP (2008) -Voted YES on Economic Stimulus HR 5140 (2008) -Voted YES on $15B bailout for GM and Chrysler. (Dec 2008) -Voted YES on $192B additional anti-recession stimulus spending. (Jul 2009)

Paul Ryan on Entitlement Programs -Voted YES on limited prescription drug benefit for Medicare recipients. (Nov 2003) -Voted YES on providing $70 million for Section 8 Housing vouchers. (Jun 2006) -Voted YES on extending unemployment benefits from 39 weeks to 59 weeks. (Oct 2008) -Voted YES on Head Start Act (2007)

Paul Ryan on Education Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position' date=' which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.

Paul Ryan on Civil Liberties -Voted YES on federalizing rules for driver licenses to hinder terrorists. (Feb 2005) -Voted YES on making the PATRIOT Act permanent. (Dec 2005) -Voted YES on allowing electronic surveillance without a warrant. (Sep 2006)

Paul Ryan on War and Intervention Abroad -Voted YES on authorizing military force in Iraq. (Oct 2002) -Voted YES on emergency $78B for war in Iraq & Afghanistan. (Apr 2003) -Voted YES on declaring Iraq part of War on Terror with no exit date. (Jun 2006) -Voted NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days. (May 2007)

Congressman Ryan supports the United Nations, the World Trade Organization, federal bailouts, increased federal involvement in education, unconstitutional and undeclared wars, Medicare Part D (a multi trillion dollar unfunded liability), stimulus spending, and foreign aid.

...still excited??[/quote']

I agree. End of day hes still a Republican. But I really like the Ryan plan about shrinking medicare and turning Social Security over to a private investment. None of these guys will ever be Ron Paul. But this is a step away from Obamas plans.

My long term hope is that Republicans win 2012 and Libertarians win 2016.

Paul Ryan's record...

Paul Ryan on Education Rep. Ryan went along with the Bush Administration in supporting more federal involvement in education. This is contrary to the traditional Republican position' date=' which included support for abolition of the Department of Education and decreasing federal involvement in education.

Facts don't matter bro...lol

Facts don't matter bro...lol

Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Those facts just further illustrate how there is little to no difference between both parties candidates in the upcoming election. It doesn't matter what we think anyway. The popular vote is an illusion to let people think they still have a voice in a presidential election.

I disagree. ROmeny/Ryan will still pull the majority of Pauls supporters. I am one of them.

You are mistaken...Do you frequent RP website? Dailypaul.com, lewrockwell.com, tomwoods.com ???

Paul's supporters, imo, will not vote for someone who supported TARP, Auto-Bailouts, CISPA, Patriot Act, NDAA, Universal Healthcare, Militarism, Debt Ceiling Increases, etc....I could go on, and Paul Ryan voted for the majority of what I posted above.

I am a true Paul supporter, and I am finished voting for the lesser of two evils...I hope you join me.

You are mistaken...Do you frequent RP website? Dailypaul.com' date=' lewrockwell.com, tomwoods.com ???

Paul's supporters, imo, will not vote for someone who supported TARP, Auto-Bailouts, CISPA, Patriot Act, NDAA, Universal Healthcare, Militarism, Debt Ceiling Increases, etc....I could go on, and Paul Ryan voted for the majority of what I posted above.

I am a true Paul supporter, and I am finished voting for the lesser of two evils...I hope you join me.[/quote']

Very true^^ this man has been preaching RP for longer then this forum has existed.

I have been there to witness it.

I think Romney made a huge mistake in choosing Paul Ryan when looking at the overall population. There are some nice things about Paul Ryan such as privatizing social security so that workers can funnel around 40% of their payroll taxes into personal retirement accounts, but it doesn't outweigh the negative. No older person of any race is going to want to vote for Romney/Ryan now with what they plan to do to Medicare.

The Republican party still has the issue they had the past 4 years - its target audience is white middle age men for the most part and especially big businesses.

I would say that 80% of the country would rather have Obama/Biden, so that people making under 1 million dollars can have their taxes reduced. So, unless you make over 1 million dollars, then by all means, vote for Romney/Ryan.

Paul Ryan's record...

I've been telling people this as well, but people are just begging for a reason to be excited about one of the two potential front runners, so they think this is a good thing.

Our country is screwed either way.

I disagree. ROmeny/Ryan will still pull the majority of Pauls supporters. I am one of them.

Not really, he might pull a couple, but he's not pulling the "Fed up with the lesser of two evils." crowd.

Most I know will not vote for either Romney nor Obama. They are voting for real change for a change, not the same ole same ole disguised as change.

I disagree. Only the super hardcores are going to vote for Gary Johnson IMO. And especially in my home state of Nevada where the votes are going to count ill be voting Romney/Ryan. And I do agree that Ryan has done big govt things. However, I do believe his medicare overhaul and Social Security plans are good for the country. Of course I wanted Ron Paul, but what I really dont want is Obama.

And ill be just as critical of Romney/Ryan as I am of Obama/Biden.

You are mistaken...Do you frequent RP website? Dailypaul.com' date=' lewrockwell.com, tomwoods.com ???

I am a true Paul supporter, and I am finished voting for the lesser of two evils...I hope you join me.[/quote']

I agree. But i cant sit around and watch Obama win again. Hes the most anti business president Ive ever seen. Sure we are ****ed either way, but what we wont get from Romney/Ryan is an assault on building businesses.

Also I agree with Ryans proposals on Pell Grants. Something no one seems to be talking about. Obama wants to spend more in pell grants, more taxpayer money for people to major in sociology. Its a ****ing joke.

I think Romney made a huge mistake in choosing Paul Ryan when looking at the overall population. There are some nice things about Paul Ryan such as privatizing social security so that workers can funnel around 40% of their payroll taxes into personal retirement accounts, but it doesn't outweigh the negative. No older person of any race is going to want to vote for Romney/Ryan now with what they plan to do to Medicare.

The problem is people keep ignoring the problem that is medicare/caid. It is a giant unfunded liability. Sure people need it, but when the **** are we going to start the conversation about how to drastically reduce the size of it, because if everytime someone brings it up they get critized for wanting to throw granny off the cliff then we are hurting ourselves. Its a debt blackhole and needs to be addressed.

The Republican party still has the issue they had the past 4 years - its target audience is white middle age men for the most part and especially big businesses.

No their issue is they are an echo of the democrat party with tax cuts for the rich. It dont work that way. You cant be a big govt party with a small govt tax system. At least the dems know exactly what they are.

I would say that 80% of the country would rather have Obama/Biden, so that people making under 1 million dollars can have their taxes reduced. So, unless you make over 1 million dollars, then by all means, vote for Romney/Ryan.

Except every poll and the 2008 election has said otherwise.

I've been telling people this as well' date=' but people are just begging for a reason to be excited about one of the two potential front runners, so they think this is a good thing.

Our country is screwed either way.[/quote']

I do think Ryan was a good choice. I agree hes record if garbage but the republicans lost their way obviously. The tea party formed and i think they are rdy to listen. We shall see.

I know for a fact Obama has failed. I dont know for a fact if Romney will fail. Lets replace the failure with the new guy and if Romney fails they we vote someone else in. LIke i said before, I think republicans win 2012 and they wont do enough and then libertarians will win 2016.

Not really' date=' he might pull a couple, but he's not pulling the "Fed up with the lesser of two evils." crowd.

Most I know will not vote for either Romney nor Obama. They are voting for real change for a change, not the same ole same ole disguised as change.[/quote']

Its funny what happens when people get behind those private voting booths. Ron Paul I think we could all agree pulls 10% nationally. I bet Gary Johnson doesnt cross 4%, which would mean the other 6 either stayed home and aint as hardcore as you thought or they voted romney.

I agree. But i cant sit around and watch Obama win again. Hes the most anti business president Ive ever seen. Sure we are ****ed either way' date=' but what we wont get from Romney/Ryan is an assault on building businesses.

Also I agree with Ryans proposals on Pell Grants. Something no one seems to be talking about. Obama wants to spend more in pell grants, more taxpayer money for people to major in sociology. Its a ****ing joke.[/quote']

How can you be okay with someone who supported No Child Left Behind like Paul Ryan? That is one of the big reasons why people in high school have a 3rd to 6th grade reading/math level. What is wrong with investing in education? That's the reason that can stop having to import jobs from overseas or export the job entirely overseas. It starts somewhere and education is critical to long term growth.

You admit you do not like paying taxes. Are you okay with having your taxes go up because you do not make more then 1 million dollars while supporting Romney/Ryan?

Lol, Paul Ryan is a nut who wants to scrap social safety nets (say good bye to the elderly vote) is against abortion even in cases of rape and incest (say goodbye to the woman vote) is against giving aid to farmers in times of drought (say goodbye to the Ohio, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, indianna vote) and he want to decrease tax on corporations by 10% while taking away what he calls "loopholes" for everyone else,Ike tax exempt charitable donations etc. (say goodbye to most of the middle class/99% vote). He's anti immigration reform (say goodbye to the Hispanic vote)...

I could go on and on. This guy is an absolute joke of a candidate. Worse choice than Sarah Palin. He is so tea party right wing extremist that he is going to absolutely sink the Romney campaign.

Lol' date=' Paul Ryan is a nut who wants to scrap social safety nets (say good bye to the elderly vote) is against abortion even in cases of rape and incest (say goodbye to the woman vote) is against giving aid to farmers in times of drought (say goodbye to the Ohio, Iowa, Nebraska, Illinois, indianna vote) and he want to decrease tax on corporations by 10% while taking away what he calls "loopholes" for everyone else,Ike tax exempt charitable donations etc. (say goodbye to most of the middle class/99% vote). He's anti immigration reform (say goodbye to the Hispanic vote)...

I could go on and on. This guy is an absolute joke of a candidate. Worse choice than Sarah Palin. He is so tea party right wing extremist that he is going to absolutely sink the Romney campaign.[/quote']

This election was determined a long time ago. The sooner people realize that the better.

How can you be okay with someone who supported No Child Left Behind like Paul Ryan? That is one of the big reasons why people in high school have a 3rd to 6th grade reading/math level. What is wrong with investing in education? That's the reason that can stop having to import jobs from overseas or export the job entirely overseas. It starts somewhere and education is critical to long term growth.

You admit you do not like paying taxes. Are you okay with having your taxes go up because you do not make more then 1 million dollars while supporting Romney/Ryan?

No child left behind was a bipartisan flop. Ted kennedy worked directly with bush to get it through. Im willing to bet biden voted yes on it too.

When you say what's wrong with investing in education you are dodging the real problem which is the system itself. Throwing money at it ain't going to fix it. As a libertarian the first thing I ask is can more freedom in education work better and I think so. School choice being the leading factor.

Im not sure where my taxes go up under the romney plan on ut I do know obamavare in itself has raised taxes on me. And as a n oncall employee and full time student I fall right into the obamacare penalty group.

It doesn't matter who's behind it all. Are you foolishly suggesting that the US President is elected because of the popular vote?

Yes. Prove me wrong. Show me how the president is picked prior to the election and by whom. This isn't trolling I really wanna know.

Yes. Prove me wrong. Show me how the president is picked prior to the election and by whom. This isn't trolling I really wanna know.

The electoral college is the actual vote that decides the POTUS. Who influences them? Answer that question and you will know who picks the POTUS.

I still can't believe in this day and age that people are still so uninformed. It's mindboggling.

The electoral college is the actual vote that decides the POTUS. Who influences them? Answer that question and you will know who picks the POTUS.

I still can't believe in this day and age that people are still so uninformed. It's mindboggling.

We vote and send delegates which decides who wins the state. Or do I not understand the electoral college

We vote and send delegates which decides who wins the state. Or do I not understand the electoral college

popular votes for president election mean nothing, it could be a 100% sweep for Chuck norrise popular vote, but all that matters is the electoral college which is made of deligates of states...(this is where my understanding gets a bit hazy so correct me if im off) the deligates are made up of state-representatives, which we vote into office....

the only votes that matter that come from us are the votes for senators/govorners/etc

No child left behind was a bipartisan flop. Ted kennedy worked directly with bush to get it through. Im willing to bet biden voted yes on it too.

When you say what's wrong with investing in education you are dodging the real problem which is the system itself. Throwing money at it ain't going to fix it. As a libertarian the first thing I ask is can more freedom in education work better and I think so. School choice being the leading factor.

Im not sure where my taxes go up under the romney plan on ut I do know obamavare in itself has raised taxes on me. And as a n oncall employee and full time student I fall right into the obamacare penalty group.

Poor, yet somewhat intelligent people will have to pay more short fall in their educational funding if they don't receive as much pell grants.

Do you get a tax return back where you get some of your money back?

popular votes for president election mean nothing' date=' it could be a 100% sweep for Chuck norrise popular vote, but all that matters is the electoral college which is made of deligates of states...(this is where my understanding gets a bit hazy so correct me if im off) the deligates are made up of state-representatives, which we vote into office....

the only votes that matter that come from us are the votes for senators/govorners/etc[/quote']

You need 270 electoral votes to become president of the united states (POTUS). There's 538 electoral votes total for the US.

Each state has a different value of how much electoral votes it has. California has 55 electoral votes, whereas Nevada has 5. Guess which one matters more in the overall picture of becoming POTUS?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electoral_College_%28United_States%29

Archived