What should Cung Le's gameplan be against Franklin?

ZenWarrior1406052210

I think Cung needs to take a page out of the Karate master Lyoto Machida, and

implement a game of speedy feints and attacks and confusing feints and speedy counter

attacks to beat, TKO, or KO Rich Franklin at UFC Fuel in Macau, China. What are your

thoughts on what should Cung Le's gameplan be vs. Rich Franklin? :cool:

I liked Rich and rooted for him most fights. But the man is getting wobbly' date=' Wandy almost finished him but the bell saved him. Rich will not be able to take many more shots to the face.......Silva wrecked him for life.[/quote']

Good hell, thinking back to that fight, I still can't believe that Franklin survived that fight after round 2.

I think Cung needs to take a page out of the Karate master Lyoto Machida' date=' and

implement a game of speedy feints and attacks and confusing feints and speedy counter

attacks to beat, TKO, or KO Rich Franklin at UFC Fuel in Macau, China. What are your

thoughts on what should Cung Le's gameplan be vs. Rich Franklin? :cool:[/quote']

I'd say he should implement the same style he used against Cote.

Cote was a much heavier handed striker and all around better fighter but Cung used confusing timing and weird angles to stump Cote. I think if he fought like that he could get a decision win over Franklin. Its boring but Le couldn't even stun Cote so chances of him landing clean on an even more well rounded Franklin is slim to none.

TL;DR Le's only hope is by a sting and move approach.

I'd say he should implement the same style he used against Cote.

Cote was a much heavier handed striker and all around better fighter but Cung used confusing timing and weird angles to stump Cote. I think if he fought like that he could get a decision win over Franklin. Its boring but Le couldn't even stun Cote so chances of him landing clean on an even more well rounded Franklin is slim to none.

TL;DR Le's only hope is by a sting and move approach.

That's his style and always has been.

He has no chance his cardio is awful and will be awful until he retires after this 6 fight deal.

He really should feel shame,go sit in the box.His skills are so good yet he can't do anything for long or else he is totally gassed.

He also should have learned some better defense than just running backwards,it just uses more energy and he still can't get away anyhow.

That kind of sloppiness in defense is what happens when you fight your whole life with pillows on your fists,you don't have to worry as much about being hit.

Sad i feel Cung Le is a better skilled fighter,definitely in stand up but Franklin can finish him round1 if he puts in the effort.I expect Cung will pace himself as he did last fight.

He has no chance his cardio is awful and will be awful until he retires after this 6 fight deal.

He really should feel shame' date='go sit in the box.His skills are so good yet he can't do anything for long or else he is totally gassed.

He also should have learned some better defense than just running backwards,it just uses more energy and he still can't get away anyhow.

That kind of sloppiness in defense is what happens when you fight your whole life with pillows on your fists,you don't have to worry as much about being hit.

Sad i feel Cung Le is a better skilled fighter,definitely in stand up but Franklin can finish him round1 if he puts in the effort.I expect Cung will pace himself as he did last fight.[/quote']

I usually skip your post, I decided to read it this time. I regret it

Basically, Le has to have excellent cardio, in and out and keep Rich at bay with side

kicks, roundhouse kicks, spinning wheel kicks, turning side kicks, axe kicks, spinning

back fists, create confusing angles, feint with kicking and surprising combos, and san

shou takedowns and wrestling take downs when needed.

high altitude training to build a marathon runner's cardio gas tank. Plus, hone his tae kwon do, boxing, san shou, TDD, and pace himself. With all of this, Cung should get UD or TKO by turning side kick with follow-up punches. Or accumulation of punishing kicks to franklin's arms, body, thighs, legs, and head all done from a distance.

Cung Le FTW, Cung just needs to keep his Tae Kwon Do kicking distance, pace himself to not tire himself out, confuse Franklin with angles and deceptive Tae Kwon Do combination kicks, use San Shou take downs and wrestling takedowns when Rich ties Cung up to hurt and punish Rich with sweeps and slams, and this gameplan will get him a UD, TKO, or KO.

Cung needs to stay out of boxing and Muay Thai clinch ranges, and Cung will place himself closer to the top 5 MW's of the UFC.

high altitude training to build a marathon runner's cardio gas tank. Plus' date=' hone his tae kwon do, boxing, san shou, TDD, and pace himself. With all of this, Cung should get UD or TKO by turning side kick with follow-up punches. Or accumulation of punishing kicks to franklin's arms, body, thighs, legs, and head all done from a distance.[/quote']

Yeah, just those six things. then he'll have no trouble ;)

Cung Le is ****ed. Franklin via counters :)

Yeah' date=' just those six things. then he'll have no trouble ;)

Cung Le is ****ed. Franklin via counters :)[/quote']

Yeah, Cung was written off by many on this forum against Cote, and Cung proved all these doubters wrong, so there even parrots can just talk .... :rolleyes:

And, yeah, Cung will win with just those six things. Mark my words. Cung is a very intelligent warrior that knows like Machida how not to get hit and hit and beat on his opponents. Of course haters will be haters, and they will hate on Cung. But after Cung beats Rich. Then, the haters will just come up with another excuse to write Cung off.

C'est la vie, but Cung will still beat Franklin whether haters like it or not.

Yeah' date=' Cung was written off by many on this forum against Cote, and Cung proved all these doubters wrong, so there even parrots can just talk .... :rolleyes:

And, yeah, Cung will win with just those six things. Mark my words. Cung is a very intelligent warrior that knows like Machida how not to get hit and hit and beat on his opponents. Of course haters will be haters, and they will hate on Cung. But after Cung beats Rich. Then, the haters will just come up with another excuse to write Cung off.

C'est la vie, but Cung will still beat Franklin whether haters like it or not.[/quote']

OK..

Several points:

1. You don't have to be a hater of Cung Le (or a hugger of Franklin) to believe that Franklin will win.

2. The Cote fight isn't anything to brag about, in my opinion.

3. When Wanderlei 'I fade in all my fights' Silva outlasts you, you know you're pretty much ****ed.

4. Due to his age and flabby physique, Cung doesnt have much time left in MMA regardless of how much you may wish it to be so.

5. You are obsessed with Cung Le and seem to be poor with sarcasm. I have assumed therefore that you are a ten year old asian boy and have little to add here.

All the best!

OK..

Several points:

1. You don't have to be a hater of Cung Le (or a hugger of Franklin) to believe that Franklin will win.

2. The Cote fight isn't anything to brag about' date=' in my opinion.

3. When Wanderlei 'I fade in all my fights' Silva outlasts you, you know you're pretty much ****ed.

4. Due to his age and flabby physique, Cung doesnt have much time left in MMA regardless of how much you may wish it to be so.

5. You are obsessed with Cung Le and seem to be poor with sarcasm. I have assumed therefore that you are a ten year old asian boy and have little to add here.

All the best![/quote']

Touche, only one of your several points is reasonable: # 2: It is true Cung Le likes to eat a lot( Pizza, chocolate, Vietnamese food, etc. ). If Cung can't get himself into top shape, he will lose to Franklin via tiring out and getting beat up on. However, I think hindsight will be a great learning tool for Le, and therefore Cung will outlast the so called Rich Workhorse ' I collapse and get whooped by Muay Thai clinch knees' Franklin.

How you like that sarcasm?

I think Cung needs to take a page out of the Karate master Lyoto Machida' date=' and

thoughts on what should Cung Le's gameplan be vs. Rich Franklin? :cool:[/quote']

miss his flight there

lol' date=' just remember this comment when Franklin's is thanking his sponsors. :D[/quote']

You would think Franklin is a top 5 fighter in the UFC, but no he isn't. Franklin had not 1

chance to beat the current MW champ but 2 chances. You would think Franklin would have

figured Anderson out, but even though Franklin is a former math teacher and mediocre MW

fighter, he couldn't figure out the Anderson equation. Franklin is and will always be a top

10, not top 5 fighter.

We shouldn't judge Cung based on 1 UFC fight, which Cung was actually winning the 1st

round against Wanderlei.

Cung Le still has a chance at becoming a top 5 UFC MW contender. Franklin just can't do

it.

IMHO, Franklin would be stronger at 205, not 185, and Rich should be fighting Stann, not

Cung Le.

I disagree Cung showed that 40y/o's can still fight when he beat Cote. Cung just has to get

his youthful cardio back, and then we will start to see him beat one fighter after the other just

like he used to beat fighters in San Shou competitions. Cung has to bring his cardio back to

be able to do his famous scissors kick and other San Shou sweeps and takedowns along

with optimal cardio his Tae Kwon Do will also shine through KOing opponents with turning

side kicks, spinning wheel kicks, and jabbing lead leg side kicks.

Archived