Official Petition to Rename Decisions "GSPs"

Sir_Wesley_of_Wells

I haven't been on here for months' date=' and was wondering where all the GSP haters went?? And I'm still confused as to the difference between lay'n pray (which is shunned) vs ground'n pound (which is praised). :confused:[/quote']

Ground and pound is only praised if it ends with a KO/TKO. Otherwise it's just lay and pray with some pillowfists thrown in to keep it from being stood up.

In general' date=' since the last time you were on, what has changed.[/quote']

Well, even though my # of posts are quite minimal, I'm probably one of the most senior member on here. What has changed in all that time? Not much. Same people talking/complaining about the same things. I guess everyone needs an online hobby. I haven't missed a UFC event in 6 years, but most of my comments end up on related youtube video's instead of on here.

How has your experience been on here so far?

Terrible. This place is cruel. Especially Fobar.

You have to take everything said on here with a grain of salt. As long as you don't take anything too seriously you can have a lot of fun on this forum. Just roll with the punches, land a few of your own, and you'll be enjoying yourself before you know it.:)

Terrible. This place is cruel. Especially Fobar.

No offense to the regular members, but yes, they are quite "clicky" on this site. I assume that you are a woman...some can also be a bit chauvinistic towards the females. But this sport and website is for everyone. So don't let them bully you too much. lol

No offense to the regular members' date=' but yes, they are quite "clicky" on this site. [b']I assume that you are a woman[/b]...some can also be a bit chauvinistic towards the females. But this sport and website is for everyone. So don't let them bully you too much. lol

LOL! I don't think so, but I see how you could make that mistake.:D Just kidding Manhoef.;)

Pardon me...I got the sarcasm. Welcome Manhoef...and you are a cutie. Where do you hale from? I'm from Edmonton' date=' Alberta, Canada.[/quote']

What's going on here?

LOL! He thinks the woman in your gifs is you! It's an actress that he finds attractive, ipso_facto. That just made my day.:D

This whole forum is pretty dead. It happens from time to time. It's about as boring as a GSP decision right now.

Even though I'm Canadian, and a fan of GSP, I also wish he would do something to silence his critics. But what do you expect from a frenchman? oops lol

I'm not french Canadian btw

Even though I'm Canadian' date=' and a fan of GSP, I also wish he would do something to silence his critics. But what do you expect from a frenchman? oops lol

I'm not french Canadian btw[/quote']

His failure to finish fights wouldn't draw such criticism if it wasn't for the exciting fights he had earlier in his career. After Matt Serra stole his soul, he just hasn't been the same. Sometimes I start to feel sorry for him, but then I remember how he laid on Alves for 5 rounds (groin tear notwithstanding), ran and jabbed with Koscheck, and couldn't sub Hardy of all people. Maybe you're right and his French blood just won't let him win a war :D so he avoids one at all costs.

His failure to finish fights wouldn't draw such criticism if it wasn't for the exciting fights he had earlier in his career. After Matt Serra stole his soul' date=' he just hasn't been the same. Sometimes I start to feel sorry for him, but then I remember how he laid on Alves for 5 rounds (groin tear notwithstanding), ran and jabbed with Koscheck, and couldn't sub Hardy of all people. Maybe you're right and his French blood just won't let him win a war :D so he avoids one at all costs.[/quote']

All very viable reasons. I honestly don't have much good to say about french speaking Canada, but I am somewhat loyal to him because he's a fellow countryman. Other than that, like everyone else, I pay good money to see some action.

Georges has a far better record of finishes than someone like Edgar. 12 of his last 15 fights went to decision as opposed To a ratio of only 9 out of 24 for GSP.

So many championship fights seem to go all the way these days. If you go all out to finish your opponent in a five round fight and fail, you often end up gassed. At least those fighters who gas deserve some respect for trying to finish.

Some guys seem to go all out for a points win from the start though and they are killing it for me. UFC attracted fans who want to see a real fight. I've never seen a real fight decided by points because somebody danced around for 25 minutes or lay on and humped the other guy.

This decision crap needs to be stopped. Either cut those types of fighter or don't let them near the main event, let alone a title. If you can't finish you have no business being at the top of the tree in a fighting organisation.

Also, the judges need to score more on aggression and stop scoring takedowns unless the fighter actually does some harm when he gets them. Finally, refs should deduct points from the dancers and stand up the dry humpers before they get anywhere near ***********!

If nothing is done soon, I will stop paying to watch every card. I wish I'd skipped the last card. Anything with Edgar and Shields in the main event was bound to be a snooze fest.

There's way too much hate on here for a decision to be called anything other than a Fitch. We've already established that taking someone down and laying in their guard the whole fight w/o ever making one attempt to pass as being "fitched" a long time ago. I might except winning by split decision as a "bendo", but GSP is being unfairly labeled when we've seen much greater examples of an inability to finish fights over the course of ones career then himself.

I haven't been on here for months' date=' and was wondering where all the GSP haters went?? And I'm still confused as to the difference between lay'n pray (which is shunned) vs ground'n pound (which is praised). :confused:[/quote']

Ground and pound: Tito Ortiz, Mark Coleman, Chael Sonnen

Lay and pray: GSP, 5$ hooker, a cellmate from San Quentin

Archived