Edgar Robbed- got what was coming

808matt

Let me first start by saying I hate Frankie Edgar. He's been on the right side of the "robbage" for every single one of his "controversial" decisions. If anyone actually rewatches the first Benson vs. Edgar fight it should be clear that a rematch should not have been granted. The same goes for the Maynard fight and especially for the first BJ fight, even though Frankie tooled BJ in the second fight.

With all that said, and with all of my hate towards Edgar's undeserved "greatness", he was straight up robbed tonight. He won many of the close rounds, and tagged Benson with his quick (though non-damaging) strikes. By all accounts, he should have won a judges decision.

Yet, by some miracle, Benson kept his belt. Finally, Frankie learns how it feels to lose a fight that he should have won, and how a judge's whimsy can cast you to the back of the line.

It's sad that I even think this, and I wish Henderson won that fight fair and square, but the fact is that he didn't. It's too bad too, because if people were honest with themselves for the first fight, this controversy shouldn't have even begun anyway.

Let me first start by saying I hate Frankie Edgar. He's been on the right side of the "robbage" for every single one of his "controversial" decisions. If anyone actually rewatches the first Benson vs. Edgar fight it should be clear that a rematch should not have been granted. The same goes for the Maynard fight and especially for the first BJ fight' date=' even though Frankie tooled BJ in the second fight.

With all that said, and with all of my hate towards Edgar's undeserved "greatness", he was straight up robbed tonight. He won many of the close rounds, and tagged Benson with his quick (though non-damaging) strikes. By all accounts, he should have won a judges decision.

Yet, by some miracle, Benson kept his belt. Finally, Frankie learns how it feels to lose a fight that he should have won, and how a judge's whimsy can cast you to the back of the line.

It's sad that I even think this, and I wish Henderson won that fight fair and square, but the fact is that he didn't. It's too bad too, because if people were honest with themselves for the first fight, this controversy shouldn't have even begun anyway.[/quote']

this guy is an idiot

Lol, nice. I got what I deserved. Tried to start what I thought was an unbiased thread- hate Edgar but thought we won this fight- but that's clearly not the way to win fans. To become popular I should totally discount what one fighter does in order to validate whatever my fighter did.

Let me first start by saying I hate Frankie Edgar. He's been on the right side of the "robbage" for every single one of his "controversial" decisions. If anyone actually rewatches the first Benson vs. Edgar fight it should be clear that a rematch should not have been granted. The same goes for the Maynard fight and especially for the first BJ fight' date='[/b'] even though Frankie tooled BJ in the second fight.

It's sad that I even think this, and I wish Henderson won that fight fair and square, but the fact is that he didn't. It's too bad too, because if people were honest with themselves for the first fight, this controversy shouldn't have even begun anyway.

How does that have anything to do with Edgar? He didn't ask to rematch both BJ and Maynard, I guarantee the BJ one was forced upon and Gray and him fought to a draw in a title fight, of course they were going to rematch.

Both points are true. That's exactly what I was saying in my first post, it's not like Edgar was begging for these rematches, it's just that he happened to pull the long straw on many of them. It's just that on this last fight, which he SHOULD have won in my opinion, didn't go his way for once.

He clearly beat BJ the first time.

Maynard fight was clearly a draw.

No... he didn't. Penn had him 42 to 22 in sig strikes landed after 3 rounds. He won the first 3 and lost the last 2. Last I checked that's 48-47 Penn.

Clearly beat? Is that why Penn landed more strikes? Maybe Frankie bouncing around and landing one takedown in the 5th round on 15 attempts is winning a fight?

Archived