What's the Problem?

Everyday_Normal_Guy

Rogan's commentary has an overwhelming affect on viewer judgment. He's basically narrating the fight like a story and it's hard not to be swayed by his assessments, especially when you're not a keen observer or are new to the sport.

He admits, though, that he doesn't have the best view of the fight and regularly changes his mind about them when he goes back and watches tape.

Renzo_Gracie_BJJ ‏@RenzoGracieBJJ

They should be ashamed that's pure ignorance from two incompetents seating in a chair who never sweat a day in a ring @FrankieEdgar UR D #1

Diego Sanchez UFC ‏@DiegoSanchezUFC

@FrankieEdgar you won in my eyes @AliDominance

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Mauro Ranallo ‏@mauroranallo

I think Frankie Edgar just reclaimed the UFC Lightweight title based on his body work & foot work.Bendo's aggression waned after knockdown.

Nick Catone UFC ‏@NickCatone

@FrankieEdgar still the champ in my book! I'm so disgusted right now! @ufc #MMA , judges blew that one.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Benson can land 400 punches in the first round and then none the rest of the fight and by looking at fight metrix people think Benson wins cause he lands 401 to 350. Frankie won that fight, no matter what any **** fight metric states.

I like both fighters, Benson much more, but he lost.

Benson can land 400 punches in the first round and then none the rest of the fight and by looking at fight metrix people think Benson wins cause he lands 401 to 350. Frankie won that fight' date=' no matter what any **** fight metric states.

I like both fighters, Benson much more, but he lost.[/quote']

lol. If he landed 400 in one round that would probably be a 10-5 round or something like that so he would still win ;)

Benson can land 400 punches in the first round and then none the rest of the fight and by looking at fight metrix people think Benson wins cause he lands 401 to 350. Frankie won that fight' date=' no matter what any **** fight metric states.

I like both fighters, Benson much more, but he lost.[/quote']

I concur. So does Nate Diaz.

Nathan Diaz ‏@NateDiaz209

????

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Renzo_Gracie_BJJ ‏@RenzoGracieBJJ

They should be ashamed that's pure ignorance from two incompetents seating in a chair who never sweat a day in a ring @FrankieEdgar UR D #1

Diego Sanchez UFC ‏@DiegoSanchezUFC

@FrankieEdgar you won in my eyes @AliDominance

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Mauro Ranallo ‏@mauroranallo

I think Frankie Edgar just reclaimed the UFC Lightweight title based on his body work & foot work.Bendo's aggression waned after knockdown.

Nick Catone UFC ‏@NickCatone

@FrankieEdgar still the champ in my book! I'm so disgusted right now! @ufc #MMA ' date=' judges blew that one.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite[/quote']

I think you need to look into what the definition of an opinion is. How is somebody's opinion a credible source? Secondly, of the 'credible sources' you compiled, you managed to find 2 gracies and Nick Catone who have ties with Frankie, Diego Sanchez who has the IQ of a lamp, and Mauro Ranallo who is also a complete idiot.

Is fight Metric wrong' date=' or is Rogan's commentating so powerful that he actually makes us believe that Edgar's punches were actually landing? Edgar got some very good shots in but how do you not see that 70% were hitting wind?

EDITED[/quote']

Stats can only tell you so much, plus the dont do it round by round

Anyone watching knows Frankie won or they dont know MMA

I think you need to look into what the definition of an opinion is. How is somebody's opinion a credible source? Secondly, of the 'credible sources' you compiled, you managed to find 2 gracies and Nick Catone who have ties with Frankie, Diego Sanchez who has the IQ of a lamp, and Mauro Ranallo who is also a complete idiot.

Banham and 12er throwing hands back in 2012! This is huge.

Archived