Sign in to follow this  
Shuberling

My next move on my MMA path...

Pretty pointless thread, but I'm bored, so I thought I'd share with you all what I plan to do next. As alot of you saw, I posted my most recent fight win on here, based on my own comments whihc many recognised and many commented as well, it's quite clear that I need to work on my wrestling big time. Fortunately my brother is a pretty solid wrestler as opposed to me.

I will aim to work on my wrestling and boxing over the next few months as a main target, my kicks are a big part of my game, was abit too nervous to throw them unfortunately.

I have also added training to what I'm already doing to start doing weight training far more often, when I do fight next, I think it will probably be quite a while away as I want to get a decent amount of size on. I will continue to fight at 145 for now, but my main target weight if I was to take on a career in MMA would be 155.

I think my next fight will possibly be around May/June/July 2013. Obviously alot know this means I'll be taking an 11 month break, but to put on size requires time. If I can put on a fair amount of size before then, I would be willing to take a fight on short notice obviously.

Anyway, pretty pointless in posting this, just sayin'.

And yes Manhoef, I know you're going to write some **** like "Yes, it was pointless. :)".

11 months? Your math is off. :P

Sounds like a good game plan man.

Are you planning on ever going pro?

I'd like to. I wanna try and keep an undefeated semi pro record. If I can go like 4-0 or 5-0 as a semi pro' date=' then I will talk to my coach about having a pro fight afterwards.

Let's spar. I will teach you how to kick and avoid the TD at all times.

Well, my kicks are pretty solid anyways. Good technique and power is there. But I could do with some work on TDD, lol.

Good luck my man' date=' it'd be really cool if you could achieve success in the big leagues.

Never give up![/quote']

If I make it to the big leagues which I'm sure I can with enough hard work, then I'll invite all the members out for an event where after, we'll all get mortaled. :D

What are you currently doing with your striking and wrestling training?

What kind of exercises do you intend to do for weight training?

I know these are vague questions but just give me a general idea and i'll give you some suggestions.

11 months is to long , id say atleast get 2 fights in there , the longer you wait the more anxious and nervous youll be imo , get as many fights as you can so you can get loose and comfortable when you fight in that octagan, this winter ill be doing some training , then hopefully get a fight in the spring in detroit

yo shube....i only offer two things of input, im not trolling you at all im dead serious when i say you should work on footwork/head movement(those are two obvious things that everyone needs) and meditate....meditation is a huge tool not many people utilize, if done seriously, it can change not only your fighting but your life...only suggestions dont need to listen to me or bash me...good luck buddy

Guy named shuberling and doesn't train UFC? Must be a can ;)

Get on that Air Alert and it will spike your explosiveness mijo, srs.

If you're ever out in Cali hit me up and we'll set up some solid sessions. My barber is a good semi pro boxer and trains with Andre Ward from time to time and my boy Dom Waters is in the TUF house right now. We can link up with some good gyms for a month long clinic. I recommend you go to 13 coins and do their month long clinic. Training with Saenchai, orono and all of them will only benefit your striking. Buakaw is supposed to open his own gym soon I hear go for a clinic there too if you can.

Get on that Air Alert and it will spike your explosiveness mijo' date=' srs.

If you're ever out in Cali hit me up and we'll set up some solid sessions. My barber is a good semi pro boxer and trains with Andre Ward from time to time and my boy Dom Waters is in the TUF house right now. We can link up with some good gyms for a month long clinic. I recommend you go to 13 coins and do their month long clinic. Training with [b']Saenchai[/b], orono and all of them will only benefit your striking. Buakaw is supposed to open his own gym soon I hear go for a clinic there too if you can.

Im jelly. Saenchai is pretty much my muay thai hero.

Im jelly. Saenchai is pretty much my muay thai hero.

If you have the spare monies and a month out of your year I'd really suggest you go out for the month long clinic even if it's just for the experience and to do something diff. The 1 month clinic runs right around $1,000 USD and provides everything you need and you get to train with some of the Legends of Lumpinee and learn from the most basic to advanced aspects of the Thai style. They won't baby you so if you choose to do so make sure you are fully motivated as they will not require you to attend sessions. Orono, Saenchai and many other stars from 13 coins are part of the gym.

Pretty pointless thread' date=' but I'm bored, so I thought I'd share with you all what I plan to do next. As alot of you saw, I posted my most recent fight win on here, based on my own comments whihc many recognised and many commented as well, it's quite clear that I need to work on my wrestling big time. Fortunately my brother is a pretty solid wrestler as opposed to me.

I will aim to work on my wrestling and boxing over the next few months as a main target, my kicks are a big part of my game, was abit too nervous to throw them unfortunately.

I have also added training to what I'm already doing to start doing weight training far more often, when I do fight next, I think it will probably be quite a while away as I want to get a decent amount of size on. I will continue to fight at 145 for now, but my main target weight if I was to take on a career in MMA would be 155.

I think my next fight will possibly be around May/June/July 2013. Obviously alot know this means I'll be taking an 11 month break, but to put on size requires time. If I can put on a fair amount of size before then, I would be willing to take a fight on short notice obviously.

Anyway, pretty pointless in posting this, just sayin'.

And yes Manhoef, I know you're going to write some **** like "Yes, it was pointless. :)".[/quote']

I can make 155 for a fight next summer, let's do it :cool:

What are you currently doing with your striking and wrestling training?

What kind of exercises do you intend to do for weight training?

I know these are vague questions but just give me a general idea and i'll give you some suggestions.

A good question indeed. I've set my weight training days out so they're finally specific. Tuesdays' date=' I will be doing chest and triceps (Chest, isn't hugely important, but it's a nice addition look wise), Thursdays I will be doing back, shoulders and biceps (I will alternate between the biceps and shoulders each week probs, but still aim to hit both every work out) and I will be doing legs on Fridays. Mainly strength training as of right now, but I will post about changes.

Obviously u know yourself better than I do but changing so much in your training and putting on some extra weight. Might not hurt to take an easier fight between now and April to avoid ring rust. Can really throw off ur muscle memory unless ur sparring a lot I guess.

11 months is to long ' date=' id say atleast get 2 fights in there , the longer you wait the more anxious and nervous youll be imo , get as many fights as you can so you can get loose and comfortable when you fight in that octagan, this winter ill be doing some training , then hopefully get a fight in the spring in detroit[/quote']

You should fight more often.

Well I had about a year and a half off before my most recent fight' date=' this is shortening the time quite abit, I want to train my weaknesses to perfection til I fight again and if the person exposes more weaknesses, I will work to train them

yo shube....i only offer two things of input, im not trolling you at all im dead serious when i say you should work on footwork/head movement(those are two obvious things that everyone needs) and meditate....meditation is a huge tool not many people utilize, if done seriously, it can change not only your fighting but your life...only suggestions dont need to listen to me or bash me...good luck buddy

I kinda gathered that after I got lamped in my last fight, LOL! I wanna work defensive striking alot more as well.

Get on that Air Alert and it will spike your explosiveness mijo' date=' srs.

If you're ever out in Cali hit me up and we'll set up some solid sessions. My barber is a good semi pro boxer and trains with Andre Ward from time to time and my boy Dom Waters is in the TUF house right now. We can link up with some good gyms for a month long clinic. I recommend you go to 13 coins and do their month long clinic. Training with Saenchai, orono and all of them will only benefit your striking. Buakaw is supposed to open his own gym soon I hear go for a clinic there too if you can.[/quote']

I would like to go to America to work my wrestling alot, I liked the idea of going to Sacramento to train with Team Alpha Male, but your offer sounds like a beauty! I'll see what happens when things hopefully come together. And I keep forgetting the Air Alert thing!

Good luck.

Can't wait to see Shuberling as a UFC champion.

You gonna get free tickets of me bro!

Shub im calling you out now :mad: im 155 but will drop to fight you

tumblr_m7xchociaQ1qg3ex2.gif

Lmfao!

I can make 155 for a fight next summer' date=' let's do it :cool:[/quote']

Lol, you scrub ^^

good luck bro i hope you can make it to the big leagues

Thanks bro!

A good question indeed. I've set my weight training days out so they're finally specific. Tuesdays' date=' I will be doing chest and triceps (Chest, isn't hugely important, but it's a nice addition look wise), Thursdays I will be doing back, shoulders and biceps (I will alternate between the biceps and shoulders each week probs, but still aim to hit both every work out) and I will be doing legs on Fridays. Mainly strength training as of right now, but I will post about changes.

![/quote']

Sounds like bodybuilder training which is aesthetics over function.

Compound power movements are the way to go ( Cleans/Snatches/Jerks, Deadlift, Squats ) and you don't even really need heavy weight. In fact you shouldn't do heavy all the time.

Some other good ones are Kettlebells, maceball swinging, bulgarian bag. All of these will kick your *** and are way way better for functional strength that actually translates much better to mma. They are full body exercises, great for cardio but best of all awkward and dynamic much like mma. Medicine ball, stability ball, battle ropes, rope climbing, plyometrics are great too.

Hell even bodyweight calisthenics ( Hindu pushups, Hindu Squats, Mountain Climbers ) solo grappling drills ( Bridging, Shrimping, Hip Heist, Sprawling ) shadow boxing, sport specific cable/band drills are far better.

You probably won't get yoked from that^^ but you will be fit for fighting not a bodybuilding competition.

Sounds like bodybuilder training which is aesthetics over function.

Compound power movements are the way to go ( Cleans/Snatches/Jerks' date=' Deadlift, Squats ) and you don't even really need heavy weight. In fact you shouldn't do heavy all the time.

Some other good ones are Kettlebells, maceball swinging, bulgarian bag. All of these will kick your *** and are way way better for functional strength that actually translates much better to mma. They are full body exercises, great for cardio but best of all awkward and dynamic much like mma.

Hell even bodyweight calisthenics ( Hindu pushups, Hindu Squats, Mountain Climbers ) solo grappling drills ( Bridging, Shrimping, Hip Heist, Sprawling ) shadow boxing, plyometrics, sport specific cable/band drills are far better.

You probably won't get yoked from that^^ but you will be fit for fighting not a bodybuilding competition.[/quote']

Well deadlifts are possibly my main exercise as it's just raw strength training. I will be doing strength and conditioning seesions on Mondays every couple of weeks as well as normal sparring, so I will gradually get the explosive side anyways. But size and strength is 1 of my main needs right now.

Well deadlifts are possibly my main exercise as it's just raw strength training. I will be doing strength and conditioning seesions on Mondays every couple of weeks as well as normal sparring' date=' so I will gradually get the explosive side anyways. But size and strength is 1 of my main needs right now.[/quote']

Well just don't go the body builder routine doing bicep curls, flys to whale on your pecs:D and all that other crap.

You might pack on some muscle but not necessarily muscle that's useful to fighting. I think it slows you down quite a bit too.

Stick to compound movements.

Well just don't go the body builder routine doing bicep curls' date=' flys to whale on your pecs:D and all that other crap.

You might pack on some muscle but not necessarily muscle that's useful to fighting. I think it slows you down quite a bit too.

Stick to compound movements.[/quote']

But I waaaaant toooo! :(

But I waaaaant toooo! :(

Go for it then but im telling you the stuff i described in the post before my last is much better.

If you're serious about fighting, bodybuilding routines aren't gonna give you much benefit and can actually be a detriment.

Go for it then but im telling you the stuff i described in the post before my last is much better.

If you're serious about fighting' date=' bodybuilding routines aren't gonna give you much benefit and can actually be a detriment.[/quote']

Based on my current physique and fitness levels, it can only benefit me, lmao! :D

Chanman be ducking me like the Plague' date=' srs[/quote']

I still got that chubby bugger Jonesy calling me out, it's funny. He's so fat he'd gas just from walking into the cage.

I still got that chubby bugger Jonesy calling me out' date=' it's funny. He's so fat he'd gas just from walking into the cage.[/quote']

He's ducking me worse than Chan is...Poor bloke, he don't know the Instigation Nation has each others backs lol *LW Calls out a FW and offers to drop weight and insults.......Ducks a WW willing ti cut down to LW to fight him*

He's ducking me worse than Chan is...Poor bloke' date=' he don't know the Instigation Nation has each others backs lol *LW Calls out a FW and offers to drop weight and insults.......Ducks a WW willing ti cut down to LW to fight him*[/quote']

I'd fight him even as a FW and if he was a LW, lol.

Chanman be ducking me like the Plague' date=' srs[/quote']

He's ducking me worse than Chan is..*

ducking you o.O i forgot all about this thread only reason i saw it was i went to find all posts by chanman20 >.< shub knows im only joking with him i said this on FB after he posted his fight video. Im not gonna lie he could most likely take me down and try to GnP me lol. I don't really go to any gym and train i know some stuff but thats only from watching videos and practicing stuff till i get it right myself xD im sure i would make a pretty good sparing partner. Tbh i don't like fighting unless i have to, its practice, or if im hanging out with friends/family and we get something going.

No.

It's UFC or bust. He doesn't want to be locked up in Strikeforce while the big money is in the UFC.

I wouldn't say no to a Bellator contract to be honest. 3 fights, 3 wins and I get $100,000 and a title shot in my divison. Sign a UFC contract after getting some hype. :cool:

ducking you o.O i forgot all about this thread only reason i saw it was i went to find all posts by chanman20 >.< shub knows im only joking with him i said this on FB after he posted his fight video. Im not gonna lie he could most likely take me down and try to GnP me lol. I don't really go to any gym and train i know some stuff but thats only from watching videos and practicing stuff till i get it right myself xD im sure i would make a pretty good sparing partner. Tbh i don't like fighting unless i have to' date=' its practice, or if im hanging out with friends/family and we get something going.[/quote']

Lol, well it seems Lumpinee has a score to settle with you.

Gotten to ;)

you should really learn what gotten to means before you say it. Its funny when people say things cause its the "cool thing to say now" yet there to stupid to understand what it means and just say it ;)

to start doing weight training far more often' date=' when I do fight next, I think it will probably be quite a while away as I want to get a decent amount of size on. [/quote']

You should google Mike Chang. He focuses on adding functional muscle mass. His routines are murderous but they'll turn you into a cardio monster

Jelly is' date=' for sure.

Hey Shuber, making friends in the business is always good.

Way to go!![/quote']

yeah lol you can never have to many friends in high places :D