Sign in to follow this  
carnages

Vitor will destroy Jones

lol Vitor has NOTHING for Jones except a flash ko and even that is highly unlikely.

Vitor has fought HWs before, Jon Jones poses little threat

The Shogun/Jones fight will look competitive after this. At least Hendo had wrestling. I like Vitor, but styles make fights and he's going to get dropped on his head and pounded out. Ref stoppage second round.

Agreed. Merge all 205ers into the heavyweight division

Either that or pay some of the Heavyweights that have balls enough to stay heavyweights when they are capable of cutting to 205 come down and show that buncha primadonna's how to be real men rather than paper champions and *****es.

Nelson could make 205

Kongo said he could make 205

I'd bet that JDS could make 205 given some time, he's not that heavy, and seems pretty soft at most weigh ins.

Cormier has already offered to do it lol.

There are a lot of Heavies that could make 205.

Agreed. Merge all 205ers into the heavyweight division

That really should be the punishment for ducking. Go up to heavyweight for a fight, take your *** whooping and come back when your done.

The Shogun/Jones fight will look competitive after this. At least Hendo had wrestling. I like Vitor' date=' but styles make fights and he's going to get dropped on his head and pounded out. Ref stoppage second round.[/quote']

Vitor trains with Randy

Vitor dealt with Rumble's wrestling

I agree i expect Vitor too show no respect at all for Jones striking and blitz him with a flurry that will at the very least stagger Jones and as everyone knows Belfort is one of the best finishers of all time.

Vitor will get beat easily. (T)KO in the first or second. I don't think anyone at 205 will beat Jones. I gave Dan more of a chance than Vitor. Dan would go in unafraid with an iron chin and throw right hands like he did to Fedor.

Vitor trains with Randy

Vitor dealt with Rumble's wrestling

Good points but out of all of Jones title fights I think this will be the least competitive. Realistically maybe not the Shogun fight. That was a world class *** whooping he took. The only way Vitor can win it is if he stays in on him but that will open him up to the clinch where Jones is known for his throws. If he can stay in tight on him and avoid takedowns then he could win, but I can't see him doing both of those things succesfully

I agree i expect Vitor too show no respect at all for Jones striking and blitz him with a flurry that will at the very least stagger Jones and as everyone knows Belfort is one of the best finishers of all time.

Definately

Belfort won't sit on the outside and get picked apart like everyone else does

Its funny that the 2 people that would actually bring the fight to Jones are MWs, Vitor and Chael, everyone else would sit on the outside

Vitor will get beat easily. (T)KO in the first or second. I don't think anyone at 205 will beat Jones. I gave Dan more of a chance than Vitor. Dan would go in unafraid with an iron chin and throw right hands like he did to Fedor.

^^

I just hope that Vitor doesn't fight scared like he did against Anderson Silva. For some reason I don't think he has as much to lose with this fight (205 division, short notice, less rivalry between the two etc.), but I feel like the Vitor / Silva fight would have gone dramatically different if Vitor had came out swinging for the fences Chael style rather than tentatively circling around with Silva for several minutes, allowing Silva to figure his timing and distance out.

I just hope that Vitor doesn't fight scared like he did against Anderson Silva. For some reason I don't think he has as much to lose with this fight (205 division' date=' less rivalry between the two etc.), but I feel like the Vitor / Silva fight would have gone dramatically different if Vitor had came out swinging for the fences Chael style rather than tentatively circling around with Silva for several minutes, allowing Silva to figure his timing and distance out.[/quote']

thats true, good point

we can only hope he comes out swinging

thats true' date=' good point

we can only hope he comes out swinging[/quote']

He must also avoid the clinch position at all costs that is how Jones scores the majority of his take-downs and lands elbows, Vitor must Blitz then get out before Jones can grab hold of him.

He must also avoid the clinch position at all costs that is how Jones scores the majority of his take-downs and lands elbows' date=' Vitor must Blitz then get out before Jones can grab hold of him.[/quote']

Blitz then shove Jones away and then continue to punch :D

I hope Vitor is not too predictable for Jones. He's a similar fight to Rampage so Jones probably thinks he has this in the bag. I see Jones doing the same thing he did in the Rampage fight except add more TDs. Hopefully Vitor doesn't gas and catches him sometime or KTFOs him early.

I just hope that Vitor doesn't fight scared like he did against Anderson Silva. For some reason I don't think he has as much to lose with this fight (205 division' date=' short notice, less rivalry between the two etc.), but I feel like the Vitor / Silva fight would have gone dramatically different if Vitor had came out swinging for the fences Chael style rather than tentatively circling around with Silva for several minutes, allowing Silva to figure his timing and distance out.[/quote']

did you even watch Anderson vs Vitor?

Vitor WAS SWINGING! Anderson was able to dodge but came VERY close to getting KTFO.

Vitor WAS SWINGING! Anderson was able to dodge but came VERY close to getting KTFO.

Swining then letting Anderson off the hook and reseting

I hope Vitor is not too predictable for Jones. He's a similar fight to Rampage so Jones probably thinks he has this in the bag. I see Jones doing the same thing he did in the Rampage fight except add more TDs. Hopefully Vitor doesn't gas and catches him sometime or KTFOs him early.

Vitor has far greater hand and foot speed than Rampage does, Quinton was a sitting duck for Jones. The fact Belfort also throws combinations of straights and hooks will also benefit him.

Yes I did, and if you re-watch it, you will note that the crowd starts boo'ing because for the first three minutes nothing happens. Chael has proven that if you pressure Anderson Silva very early on that his striking isn't near as deadly as to when you give him several minutes to figure out his timing.

Yes I did' date=' and if you re-watch it, you will note that the crowd starts boo'ing because for the first three minutes nothing happens. Chael has proven that if you pressure Anderson Silva very early on that his striking isn't near as deadly as to when you give him several minutes to figure out his timing.[/quote']

well Vitor doesn't know how pressure for the sole purpose of LnP'ing his opponent.

I said it once in the past and Im calling today ...

Vitor has all the tools to beat Jones. Even if he loses on 9/22 I truly believe he will do a great job and maybe even move up to LHW for a possible title run.

Vitor has the speed, hands, Karate background, foot work and even wrestling (Randy trainning) to beat Jones IMHO.

Lets see

well Vitor doesn't know how pressure for the sole purpose of LnP'ing his opponent.

All I'm saying is, I think one of Vitor Belfort's strength is coming out and overwhelming opponents with a blitz, or flurry of punches. This was a strength that we didn't see him use against Anderson Silva, and I think that it hurt him a lot. I just hope that he doesn't repeat the same thing against Jon Jones. I am hopeful he won't, because while Jon Jones' size is intimidating, his striking is no where near as frightening as Silva's.

All I'm saying is' date=' I think one of Vitor Belfort's strength is coming out and overwhelming opponents with a blitz, or flurry of punches. This was a strength that we didn't see him use against Anderson Silva, and I think that it hurt him a lot. I just hope that he doesn't repeat the same thing against Jon Jones. I am hopeful he won't, because while Jon Jones' size is intimidating, his striking is no where near as frightening as Silva's.[/quote']

he got caught by a great kick by Silva. that's it.

maybe he didn't go buck wild like he did against Wandy, but that's because he knows Anderson dodges like a ninja and counter punches like no one in MMA.

The UFC should scrap the entire LHW division' date=' they are all *******.[/quote']

I remember when Chael said LHW was the weakest division, and joked about how a "Karate guy" was a champion of it, and how everyone was afraid to challenge the champion. In light of recent events, I can now see how right he was. Dana is literally having to go down a weight class to find contenders - that's how weak LHW is.

How confident are you Carnages. I'd put my account up on a bet. I obviously would take Jones.

PLEASE take this bet.

would be nice to get rid of the GSP fans one by one..

How confident are you Carnages. I'd put my account up on a bet. I obviously would take Jones.

You can't account bet 2 people, you already accepted one with Shannon

doesn't work that way roidman

Didn't Rumble give him trouble?

I know he's a super HW but still Vitor should have handled him easily...

Rumble gave him no trouble, Vitor finished him in the first

You can't account bet 2 people' date=' you already accepted one with Shannon

doesn't work that way roidman[/quote']

good. so that gsp sack dangler already has an account bet. NICE!!

Rumble gave him no trouble' date=' Vitor finished him in the first[/quote']

Still, with Vitor's trademark backing out of fights due to injuries I still think this card might get changed, again...

Still' date=' with Vitor's trademark backing out of fights due to injuries I still think this card might get changed, again...[/quote']

account bet? i say the fight happens.

You can't account bet 2 people' date=' you already accepted one with Shannon

doesn't work that way roidman[/quote']

ibxFWGla38dwbC.gif

He refuses to accept the bet. I've asked him over 50 times.

I'm going through Vitor's fight record now. I didn't realize he had fought so many super stars? Granted he lost a lot of those fights' date=' but still, I don't know very many fighters who have fought THIS MANY super stars:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitor_Belfort

He may have a record for most top tier fighters fought? lol.[/quote']

He should of beat Reem both times, but he fought really stupid