Sign in to follow this  
wingzero8717

Lyoto Machida

After his last fight Dana said Lyoto was getting the next title shot because he looked great and Machida had been driving him insane wanting another shot at Jones, then the shot he wants falls into his lap and he turns it down, sure it is short notice but he should still be in good shape from his last fight and will have nearly a month to prepare doesn't make sense to me.

Yes you are 100% just been arguing with mmafan73 he seems to think machida isn't ducking such a delusional fanboy lol its hilarious how people protect there fighters no wonder they hate bones because hes handed them a woopass

Yep, he is an idiot. I kinda wish he won't get the chance now, not until winner Gus/Shogun and then maybe Evans/Texieira should meet for next #1contender status. After that maybe Machida could go up vs Davis for the next chance. Not earlier than that imo.

You had the chance Lyawny, should've taken it...

After his last fight Dana said Lyoto was getting the next title shot because he looked great and Machida had been driving him insane wanting another shot at Jones' date=' then the shot he wants falls into his lap and he turns it down, sure it is short notice but he should still be in good shape from his last fight and will have nearly a month to prepare doesn't make sense to me.[/quote']

:confused:

Machida didn't turn down the fight. Jones turned down the opportunity to fight Machida.

1. Henderson pulls out due to injury for the main event - Jones vs. Hendo

2. Dana White offers Jones the opportunity to fight Sonnen for the main event for UFC 151 as a replacement to Hendo.

3. Jones declines fight going up against Sonnen - reasoning is Jones has too much to lose and not much to gain on fighting someone on 8 days notice.

4. Dana White offers Jones the opportunity to fight someone who was next in line for the title and someone that Jones has faced before - Machida for UFC 152.

5. Jones declines the fight going up against Machida - reasoning is that the previous Machida vs. Jones fight drew the lowest ratings of all his title fights.

6. Dana White offers Belfort as a title fight for Jones in UFC 152.

7 Jones supposedly accepts the title offer to fight Belfort in UFC 152.

When did Machida turn down the opportunity to fight Jones for the title?

Jones recently told ESPN.com that he did not want to fight Machida in a rematch because of low pay-per-view numbers the two generated in their previous fight.

"I don't want to fight Lyoto Machida," Jones said. "He was my lowest pay-per-view draw of last year. No one wants to see me fight Lyoto Machida. I don't want to fight Lyoto again. Lyoto is high-risk and low-reward."

Yep' date=' he is an idiot. I kinda wish he won't get the chance now, not until winner Gus/Shogun and then maybe Evans/Texieira should meet for next #1contender status. After that maybe Machida could go up vs Davis for the next chance. Not earlier than that imo.

You had the chance Lyawny, should've taken it...[/quote']

Evans/Texieria?

Machida didn't turn down the fight. Jones turned down the opportunity to fight Machida.

2. Dana White offers Jones the opportunity to fight Sonnen for the main event for UFC 151 as a replacement to Hendo.

3. Jones declines fight going up against Sonnen - reasoning is Jones has too much to lose and not much to gain on fighting someone on 8 days notice.

4. Dana White offers Jones the opportunity to fight someone who was next in line for the title and someone that Jones has faced before - Machida for UFC 152.

5. Jones declines the fight going up against Machida - reasoning is that the previous Machida vs. Jones fight drew the lowest ratings of all his title fights.

When did Machida turn down the opportunity to fight Jones for the title?[/QUOTE]

Last night

Do you have a link for that? Because ESPN is saying that Jones turned down the fight. Not Machida.

Last night

Lol ESPN is a great source for MMA.

I know, but it's still ESPN. Sports fans are going to read it and know that it was Jones who ducked Machida and not the other way around.

I know' date=' but it's still ESPN. Sports fans are going to read it and know that it was Jones who ducked Machida and not the other way around.[/quote']

No they asked machida if he will fight bones on the 22th he said fk that i dont wna get choked out and dropped like a sack of **** again

I know' date=' but it's still ESPN. Sports fans are going to read it and know that it was Jones who ducked Machida and not the other way around.[/quote']

I'm on my phone, but there is a new article from today saying Machida turned down the rematch. On MMAJunkie btw.

I'm on my phone' date=' but there is a new article from today saying Machida turned down the rematch. On MMAJunkie btw.[/quote']

Ok, thanks man. I'm surprised Machida would do that and disappointed. It would've been a great fight and great opportunity. What's the point of doing something as a competitor if you're not going for the top spot?

:/

Ok' date=' thanks man. I'm surprised Machida would do that and disappointed. It would've been a great fight and great opportunity. What's the point of doing something as a competitor if you're not going for the top spot?

:/[/quote']

Its crazy man. Everything is just screwed up!

Machida took Jones on short notice last time and look what happened. This is more then likely Machida's last shot at Jones or title for that matter. He would like some more time to train and be 100% ready this time around. What's so 'Idiot' about that?

They kinda ducked each other. If you fight at LHW it's pretty much assumed that you duck.

Machida took Jones on short notice last time and look what happened. This is more then likely Machida's last shot at Jones or title for that matter. He would like some more time to train and be 100% ready this time around. What's so 'Idiot' about that?

He drinks piss

You just described the word "ducking"

Jones is in great shape and was training for Henderson who was looking to strike with him but Sonnen shot down Sonnen WHILE in great shape after a full fight Camp, I don't blame Machida, anyone fighting Jones needs more than 1 month's notice to fight a guy as not only big as Jon Jones but as Skilled as he is. I respect Sonnen who was HELPING Dan Henderson prepare for Jon Jones so he is in shape and was already helping Hendo for the same fight he took on short notice.

I understand this could be Machidas last title shot @LHW ever, so I get why he wants more time. I'm not a fan of what he did though, because now he might have to wait 6+ months to get his shot. Sucks.

You little kids make me laugh...

I don't blame Machida for ducking Jones he wants a full camp (unlike last time) and probably a more noticeable win under his belt before he takes on Jones.

Unlike Sonnen who is playing everyone again, he actually has something to lose if he loses his next fight (which would probably be his last chance at gold for as long as JBJ keeps it).

Props to Belfort for stepping up sure, but he isn't in the same position as Machida is.

And a big LOL! to every Machida fanboy beating Jones to death beacuse he ducked...:rolleyes:

tumblr_m2tuhblZQ51roarllo2_400.jpg

After his last fight Dana said Lyoto was getting the next title shot because he looked great and Machida had been driving him insane wanting another shot at Jones' date=' then the shot he wants falls into his lap and he turns it down, sure it is short notice but he should still be in good shape from his last fight and will have nearly a month to prepare doesn't make sense to me.[/quote']

Yes you are 100% just been arguing with mmafan73 he seems to think machida isn't ducking such a delusional fanboy lol its hilarious how people protect there fighters no wonder they hate bones because hes handed them a woopass

Machida is a coward and forever a duck.

Yep' date=' he is an idiot. I kinda wish he won't get the chance now, not until winner Gus/Shogun and then maybe Evans/Texieira should meet for next #1contender status. After that maybe Machida could go up vs Davis for the next chance. Not earlier than that imo.

You had the chance Lyawny, should've taken it...[/quote']

You guys are so stupid it's almost unfair of me to start a discussion. Why the **** would any fighter accept a title fight in 8 days notice if they knew they were getting one on a few months time and come prepared?! And don't give me the sonnen argument, he accepted because it was a free ticket to a title shot, he had nothing to loose. God you are dumb.

(5) is wrong wrong wrong...Machida turned down the fight. It's on the front page of the UFC site.

I love it how all the Jones fanboys are trying to make Machida look like the coward, let's not forget that Jones turned down A MIDDLEWEIGHT who had no chance to train for him. Machidas just doing exactly what he was scheduled to do which was watch jones defend his title against Henderaon(Vitor) then take his crack at the title. You need more than a month to prepare for Jones, you fanboys are actually are making Jon Jones look like he isn't p4p by saying Machida ONLY needs a month to train for him. Lol you guys are pathetic

Exactly, he is the only one skilled enough to defeat Jones at LHW at this moment, but in order to do that he definitely needs a good and complete training camp, yesterday I actually thought "how idiot is Machida accepting the fight in such short notice", but now I'm glad to know he is out. But well, I guess a lot of people in this Forum is really stupid to see that. they love to watch predictable and pointless fights.

You guys are so stupid it's almost unfair of me to start a discussion. Why the **** would any fighter accept a title fight in 8 days notice if they knew they were getting one on a few months time and come prepared?! And don't give me the sonnen argument' date=' he accepted because it was a free ticket to a title shot, he had nothing to loose. God you are dumb.[/quote']

hehe +1... yeh this fan boys are really stupid my man.

You guys are so stupid it's almost unfair of me to start a discussion. Why the **** would any fighter accept a title fight in 8 days notice if they knew they were getting one on a few months time and come prepared?! And don't give me the sonnen argument' date=' he accepted because it was a free ticket to a title shot, he had nothing to loose. God you are dumb.[/quote']

Not that I want you to "out-stupid" me, but I'm talking about the fight that Vitor took. That's a few more than 8 days notice isn't it? Or should I maybe not start a discussion due to unfairness... Are you with me so far?

And do you think he'll get that shot when he planned to now that the whole schedule is ****ed up?

Man you're a ******...

Shut up !!

Machida is so crazy about this rematch that he want to be ready for it FOR REAL !!!

Fighting a young, bigger and skilled Jones isnt smth you should take lightly specially when that could be your last chance !!!

I truly believe Machida turned it down knowing Vitor would accept it !!!

Evans has no one scheduled. Why would he be considered?

Mostly for lack of other UFC-signed talent at 205. Maybe I'm lacking in creativity, but he is a decent fighter, Evans...

Better ideas?