Sign in to follow this  
TommyCWood

Dana says he has never been this disgusted with Jones ever...

So? People are still willing to buy the card and that's what Dana wants. Dana saying he is disgusted with Jones means nothing except that Jones is a duck and ruined UFC 151 because he was scared of an out of shape middleweight.

I think people are looking at this all wrong. I think the real issue here is that Dana was caught with his pants down. He had a ****** UFC 151 card and 1 fight holding it together. The amount of risk exposure for this was huge! What if it was Jon that was hurt and not Dan? Would Dana have pulled the same stunt and cancelled it? Did he not have a backup plan? As a president of a company that has the potential for so many injuries and pull outs of cards, he should have had backup plans. It was obvious that he didn't. The fact that Jon turned down a fight with short notice is not a negative reflection on Jon. The fact that this hasn't happened in 150 UFCs prior is amazing in and of itself. Now Jon has set a president, and Dana needs to do his job, and mitigate risk. All his UFC's shouldn't be 1 fight shows. What happens when GSP or Silva does this and won't fight a high risk fight with a weeks notice. The fact that Dana had to call off a UFC is only his fault and his alone. Jon has zero obligation to fight a different fighter, no matter who it was. No contract that states it, no rules. People in the past only did it because they wanted to, not because they had to. Maybe with Dana loosing so much money, he'll learn a lesson he should have learned by UFC 10.

So? People are still willing to buy the card and that's what Dana wants. Dana saying he is disgusted with Jones means nothing except that Jones is a duck and ruined UFC 151 because he was scared of an out of shape middleweight.

^Fact^

So' date=' is he so disgusted with Jones that he will consider cutting him if he pulls this **** again?[/quote']

At the conference call, he touched on that. He said if it happens again, he's having a press conference and the outcome wouldn't be good. Dana jumps to conclusions a lot, but if Jones ever pulls that again, I could see him getting his title stripped away. I can't picture him doing it again, but I never thought he would do it this time.

I think people are looking at this all wrong. I think the real issue here is that Dana was caught with his pants down. He had a ****** UFC 151 card and 1 fight holding it together. The amount of risk exposure for this was huge! What if it was Jon that was hurt and not Dan? Would Dana have pulled the same stunt and cancelled it? Did he not have a backup plan? As a president of a company that has the potential for so many injuries and pull outs of cards' date=' he should have had backup plans. It was obvious that he didn't. The fact that Jon turned down a fight with short notice is not a negative reflection on Jon. The fact that this hasn't happened in 150 UFCs prior is amazing in and of itself. Now Jon has set a president, and Dana needs to do his job, and mitigate risk. All his UFC's shouldn't be 1 fight shows. What happens when GSP or Silva does this and won't fight a high risk fight with a weeks notice. The fact that Dana had to call off a UFC is only his fault and his alone. Jon has zero obligation to fight a different fighter, no matter who it was. No contract that states it, no rules. People in the past only did it because they wanted to, not because they had to. Maybe with Dana loosing so much money, he'll learn a lesson he should have learned by UFC 10.[/quote']

^^ this.

Jon Jones is my favorite fighter ever but I'd have to agree with this message. He blew it.

I think people are looking at this all wrong. I think the real issue here is that Dana was caught with his pants down. He had a ****** UFC 151 card and 1 fight holding it together. The amount of risk exposure for this was huge! What if it was Jon that was hurt and not Dan? Would Dana have pulled the same stunt and cancelled it? Did he not have a backup plan? As a president of a company that has the potential for so many injuries and pull outs of cards' date=' he should have had backup plans. It was obvious that he didn't. The fact that Jon turned down a fight with short notice is not a negative reflection on Jon. The fact that this hasn't happened in 150 UFCs prior is amazing in and of itself. Now Jon has set a president, and Dana needs to do his job, and mitigate risk. All his UFC's shouldn't be 1 fight shows. What happens when GSP or Silva does this and won't fight [b']a high risk fight with a weeks notice[/b]. The fact that Dana had to call off a UFC is only his fault and his alone. Jon has zero obligation to fight a different fighter, no matter who it was. No contract that states it, no rules. People in the past only did it because they wanted to, not because they had to. Maybe with Dana loosing so much money, he'll learn a lesson he should have learned by UFC 10.

High risk.......right. some time down the track, if sonnen manages to get a shot at JBJ, when you are posting about how it's a dumb fight, and Jones will walk through him, please ake a moment to remember you claimed it was high risk to fight the same guy with zero prep time

High risk.......right. some time down the track' date=' if sonnen manages to get a shot at JBJ, when you are posting about how it's a dumb fight, and Jones will walk through him, please ake a moment to remember you claimed it was high risk to fight the same guy with zero prep time[/quote']

Exactly!. replace "SONNEN" with any name. Doesn't matter. Jon Trained to fight Dan and Dan alone. He has no obligation to fight anyone else. If he did, he would be. Dana can do a song and dance about how Jon screwed him, but in reality, Jon was looking out for his best interests and they just so happened to NOT be Dana's. Dana's fault for not having a backup plan. Plan better, and he won't get burned.

Exactly!. replace "SONNEN" with any name. Doesn't matter. Jon Trained to fight Dan and Dan alone. He has no obligation to fight anyone else. If he did' date=' he would be. Dana can do a song and dance about how Jon screwed him, but in reality, Jon was looking out for his best interests and they just so happened to NOT be Dana's. Dana's fault for not having a backup plan. Plan better, and he won't get burned.[/quote']

Shut up Bones, no one gives a flying knuckle **** what you think anymore!

I think people are looking at this all wrong. I think the real issue here is that Dana was caught with his pants down. He had a ****** UFC 151 card and 1 fight holding it together. The amount of risk exposure for this was huge! What if it was Jon that was hurt and not Dan? Would Dana have pulled the same stunt and cancelled it? Did he not have a backup plan? As a president of a company that has the potential for so many injuries and pull outs of cards' date=' he should have had backup plans. It was obvious that he didn't. The fact that Jon turned down a fight with short notice is not a negative reflection on Jon. The fact that this hasn't happened in 150 UFCs prior is amazing in and of itself. Now Jon has set a president, and Dana needs to do his job, and mitigate risk. All his UFC's shouldn't be 1 fight shows. What happens when GSP or Silva does this and won't fight a high risk fight with a weeks notice. The fact that Dana had to call off a UFC is only his fault and his alone. Jon has zero obligation to fight a different fighter, no matter who it was. No contract that states it, no rules. People in the past only did it because they wanted to, not because they had to. Maybe with Dana loosing so much money, he'll learn a lesson he should have learned by UFC 10.[/quote']

It's both...the UFC for too fast of expansion resulting in weak fight cards, but also Jones wussed-out (big time). Lots of fighters take fights on short notice, but Jones is now rich, sheltered, and fussy.

I've read all the arguments for him. None of which hold any water. My opinion isn't based on hate...but that of doing the right thing and showing some balls, instead of someone that thinks he's beyond such ethics because he's got a full bank account and a bunch bag sucking groupies hanging around him.