Sign in to follow this  
RogerJones620

If Jon Jones lost to Vitor Belfort, would the UFC cut him?

What do you think would happen if Jon Jones got KO'd by Vitor Belfort in the first round? Do you think that the UFC would cut him' date=' or would keep him around?[/quote']

He would turn down an immediate rematch and then be cut. He likes to turn down fights.

I think if he does lose by any way he will be gone. Dana is not happy at all and in all fairness he should be annoyed champs shouldnt turn down fights, especially with a guy thats moving up a weight on 8 days notice to fight him. Plus if i was getting the purse he would have id fight a bear in the next 15 mins just let me wrap the old hands properly lol ;)

Really? Did you miss how pissed off Dana was at him? That is why it was asked. Or OP is just trollin

exactly Dana is furious I know its nowhere near this scale but take Kimbo Slice for example he beat some ok fighters and i thought was a 'big draw' one loss 'see ya bro' Dana dont care big draw or not cross him an your gone on your next loss gone are the days of the likes of Tito being able to call any shots the UFC have a packed rooster now so they can pick and choose

DW will not fire JBJ. It's like throwing away money on top of money. I can see DW giving him difficult fights, say at HW but no way would he let JBJ go.

DW would just buy any company that hires him like he has with pride, WEC and Strikeforce also JBJ wouldnt fight at HW if he wont fight someone smaller than him then he certainly wont fight someone bigger

No way he's getting cut, that would make the UFC lose credibility as hell. Like him or not, he is one of the best fighters, arguably the best, out there. And he will draw ppv's like a m*****f***er. Love him or hate him, people will pay to see him either get his *** kicked or if you're a fanboy, kick someones ***...

If Jones loses he will be back on the undercard or the prelims

He will never be cut unless he gets a bad loosing streak happening

I doubt he would be cut. He is to much of a draw... Why was this question even asked?

lol jones had low ppv draw until rashad fight gtfo, but i dont think he would be cut assuming bellator could even afford him it would be bad for ufc to let him go so soon imo theres still alot more hating to be done to that ***** ****** *****

exactly Dana is furious I know its nowhere near this scale but take Kimbo Slice for example he beat some ok fighters and i thought was a 'big draw' one loss 'see ya bro' Dana dont care big draw or not cross him an your gone on your next loss gone are the days of the likes of Tito being able to call any shots the UFC have a packed rooster now so they can pick and choose

I think Kimbo had enough of the MMA scene once Mitrione smashed his legs to pieces. And then when he got that flash knockout... hes seems to be doin alright though ive seen him in the background on a few vip **** party videos lol

What do you think would happen if Jon Jones got KO'd by Vitor Belfort in the first round? Do you think that the UFC would cut him' date=' or would keep him around?[/quote']

Yes he'd be cut. :rolleyes:

Yet another great thread for the UFC Forum.:(

straight up, as angry as Dana White was at JBJ, I think those PPV numbers do a lot to calm him down, Jones would not be cut, they would just Market it as the young guy learning a lesson, and coming back stronger.