Sign in to follow this  
StaySmartGE

Why does Jon Jons have...

...Philippians 4:13 tattooed on his arm???

''I can do all this through him who gives me strength.'' being the verse.

I would much rather have ones like:

Mala 2:3

Numbers 25:4

1 Samuel 15:3

Psalm 137:9

1. Timothy 2:12

Isaiah 45:7

or

Joel 3:8

or basically any verse that isnt from the good side of the Bible.

The one the Christians usually read and quote.

or

What do you mean, arguably the one he has one is terrible too. How helpless are we that we cannot do anything without help?

Uh......maybe because he's not you? I think he got the verse he wanted' date=' and didn't ask for your opinion first.[/quote']

a tad sensitive are we?

What do you mean' date=' arguably the one he has one is terrible too. How helpless are we that we cannot do anything without help?[/quote']

Very true.

It basically means: We are too weak to do things ourselves, to take control of our own lives and blindly believe a supernatural being is going to save us before he helps the ones who really need the him.

or

who cares?

oh yea you care.....fad athiests :rolleyes:

who cares?

oh yea you care.....fad athiests :rolleyes:

99,99% dont care.

And Im NOT one of them.

I just feel it's my part time job to tell people how immoral the bible really is.

99' date='99% dont care.

And Im NOT one of them.

I just feel it's my part time job to tell people how immoral the bible really is.[/quote']

again, fad athiests:rolleyes:

99' date='99% dont care.

And Im NOT one of them.

I just feel it's my part time job to tell people how immoral the bible really is.[/quote']

Thats sad.

I dont really know what ''fad'' means...:(

its a fad, like most athiests your showing me your athiests becouse its cool, you think its the cool thing to bash christians(and not other religions, kinda wierd:confused:)...and thats fine, but like ALOT of the athiests that want to bash, attack, pursue, and persecute....there fad athiests, and your showing me you are too /shrug:rolleyes:

So god gave him the strength to duck opponents in the name of money and low risk fights? Impressive.....:rolleyes:

This is the first time I lol'd at one of your comments. Well done.

Thats sad.

Im fascinated by Bible and how and why is it written.

Why people still refer to that 2000 year old book?

Why people only read the good stuff and ignore the bad stuff?

Why people still think it's a good guide to live?

Why people still think it's even somewhat moral?

It amazes me and always will.

If you think it's sad to think and question then Im a really sad person.

its a fad' date=' like most athiests your showing me your athiests becouse its cool, you think its the cool thing to bash christians([b']and not other religions, kinda wierd[/b]:confused:)...and thats fine, but like ALOT of the athiests that want to bash, attack, pursue, and persecute....there fad athiests, and your showing me you are too /shrug:rolleyes:

I bash almost every religion, except Buddhism and few others.

Jon Jones happens to be a Christian.

And I dont think being an atheist is ''cool''.

Im fascinated by the Bible and how and why is it written. (I could explain if you want' date=' pm me)[/b']

Why people still refer to that 2000 year old book? (Do you believe in any history?)

Why people only read the good stuff and ignore the bad stuff? (Says who?)

Why people still think it's a good guide to live? (Why isnt it?)

Why people still think it's even somewhat moral? (See above)

I definitely think your a sad person.

I definitely think your a sad person.

1. Bible was written to gain more power.

2. Bible is full of historically inaccurate stories. There are few accurate things but they are a minority

3. Says all the people who quote the bible

4. If you actually read it you would know it. Read the whole thing, not the part your priests talk about

5. See above.

I also think Im a bad person.

And while we're correcting grammar... you're not your.

99' date='99% dont care.

And Im NOT one of them.

[b']I just feel it's my part time job to tell people how immoral the bible really is[/b].

It is ok, you are still loved:

Im fascinated by Bible and how and why is it written.

1. Why people still refer to that 2000 year old book?

2. Why people only read the good stuff and ignore the bad stuff?

3. Why people still think it's a good guide to live?

4. Why people still think it's even somewhat moral?

1. The original book was written a long time ago, but it has been corrupted by men in the most corrupt, power-hungry, blood-thirsty organization for 2000 years.

2. How do they know what the bad stuff is, unless they read it? I think what you meant is they remember the good and not the bad.

3. The 10 Commandments are a good guide, the rest is questionable.

4. The book is moral; the company that owns it isn't.

Yes, I believe in God. But I don't believe in Man....

1. The original book was written a long time ago' date=' but it has been corrupted by men in the most corrupt, power-hungry, blood-thirsty organization for 2000 years.

2. How do they know what the bad stuff is, unless they read it? I think what you meant is they remember the good and not the bad.

3. The 10 Commandments are a good guide, the rest is questionable.

4. The book is moral; the company that owns it isn't.

Yes, I believe in God. But I don't believe in Man....[/quote']

The 10 Commandments are self evident. (not sure if the right word)

2 first commandments are just saying there's only 1 god

3rd one is pretty unnecessary because noone actually follows it

And the rest are so obvious that if you need written down you dont have the basic understanding of empathy or good. If you need to read them from somewhere to actually follow them then I feel sorry for you.

By you, I dont mean you, but everybody... just wanted to clear that one out.

No use debating with someone full of assumptions' date=' but void of facts.[/quote']

That's funny because the whole concept of God is really an assumption.

I think, but I'm not sure.

I believe without evidence.

The 10 Commandments are self evident. (not sure if the right word)And the rest are so obvious that if you need written down you dont have the basic understanding of empathy or good. If you need to read them from somewhere to actually follow them then I feel sorry for you.

If you don't think they need to be written down, you haven't been paying attention. Priests all over the world are molesting children. There's nothing in the Bible saying they can't, but it seems pretty obvious to me.......

If you don't think they need to be written down' date=' you haven't been paying attention. Priests all over the world are molesting children. There's nothing in the Bible saying they can't, but it seems pretty obvious to me.......[/quote']

Which is in support of the bible being immoral.

It demotes women, but doesnt say anything about a serious problem.

Which is in support of the bible being immoral.

It demotes women' date=' but doesnt say anything about a serious problem.[/quote']

Don't forget the part where rape is punishable by marriage.

The bible says that's slavery is fine :cool:

It also says that women should be silent Jess' date=' so STFU :-)[/quote']

If a teen doesnt obey his/her parents, he/she can be stoned to death.

The bible says that's slavery is fine :cool:

It also says that women should be silent Jess' date=' so STFU :-)[/quote']

/sigh

Leviticus 25:44

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

^^^^

only quote that you can say "Supports" slavery

2 things:

1.Leviticus=old laws

2.Slave back then could have meant alot of things, indentured servant, or even a person that owed someone a debt would have been considered a slave....

times change and the things that are considered normal change...but the only real quote "supporting", as you say, is the one above....

God, you people are seriously annoying....:rolleyes:

If a teen doesnt obey his/her parents' date=' he/she can be stoned to death.[/quote']

lol please say your one of these ppl who would put there kids in "Time out" pft...tell me how that works for ya bro :rolleyes:

again, fad athiests

/sigh

"Your male and female slaves are to come from the nations around you; from them you may buy slaves."

^^^^

2 things:

1.Leviticus=old laws

2.Slave back then could have meant alot of things' date=' indentured servant, or even a person that owed someone a debt would have been considered a slave....

times change and the things that are considered normal change...but the only real quote "supporting", as you say, is the one above....

God, you people are seriously annoying....:rolleyes:[/quote']

So if Leviticus is full of old laws that no one should have to worry about because times change, why all the fuss about homosexuality and gay marriage?

/sigh

^^^^

2 things:

1.Leviticus=old laws

2.Slave back then could have meant alot of things' date=' indentured servant, or even a person that owed someone a debt would have been considered a slave....

God, you people are seriously annoying....:rolleyes:[/quote']

1 Peter 2:18

"Slaves, submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

Eph 6:5

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."

And my personal favourite:

Exodus 21:20-21

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.

lol please say your one of these ppl who would put there kids in "Time out" pft...tell me how that works for ya bro :rolleyes:

again' date=' fad athiests[/quote']

You're right.... I should kill them.

And my personal favourite:

Exodus 21:20-21

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result' date=' he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property.[/quote']

lol

So if Leviticus is full of old laws that no one should have to worry about because times change' date=' why all the fuss about homosexuality and gay marriage?[/quote']

who said anything about things no one should have to worry about? when did i state that?

leviticus is full of old laws, and things were made clear and clarified in the new testiment...

Homosexuality is the only thing in the bible besides satin called an abomination....

homosexuality has nothing to do with times changing, its a social creation and is wrong...

personally do i care if they get married? idgaf, let them have paper that says there married w/e lol....but it being a sin has never changed, unlike the other things your TRYING to compare them with =)

1 Peter 2:18

"Slaves' date=' submit yourselves to your masters with all respect, not only to those who are good and considerate, but also to those who are harsh."

Eph 6:5

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with respect and fear, and with sincerity of heart, just as you would obey Christ."[/quote']

how does that support slavery? it says they need to act according to whats going on, just like turn the other cheek....thats like saying "obey the government"....derp

who said anything about things no one should have to worry about? when did i state that?

leviticus is full of old laws' date=' and things were made clear and clarified in the new testiment...

Homosexuality is the only thing in the bible besides satin called an abomination....

homosexuality has nothing to do with times changing, its a social creation and is wrong...

personally do i care if they get married? idgaf, let them have paper that says there married w/e lol....but it being a sin has never changed, unlike the other things your TRYING to compare them with =)[/quote']

Homosexuality is a sin in Leciticus.... so it's an old law.

You cant just pick and choose the ones you like brah.

how does that support slavery? it says they need to act according to whats going on' date=' just like turn the other cheek....thats like saying "obey the government"....derp[/quote']

It supports slavery.

It tells slavery is just regular everyday normal life, and there is nothing against it.

Homosexuality is in Leciticus.... so it's an old law.

You cant just pick and choose the ones you like brah.

acts like eating pork was cleared in the new testimant

homosexuality was never...

and

where does it say its a law?

where did i say its a law?

you cnt just put words in ppls mouth BRAH:)

It supports slavery.

It tells slavery is just regular everyday normal life' date=' and there is nothing against it.[/quote']

read my first post, im not wasting my time with you lol

gnight

acts like eating pork was cleared in the new testimant

homosexuality was never...

and

where does it say its a law?

where did i say its a law?

you cnt just put words in ppls mouth BRAH:)

''leviticus is full of old laws, and things were made clear and clarified in the new testiment...''

Homosexuality is not accepted in Leviticus, it doesnt take a brainiac to realize it's some kind of a law.

And since Leviticus is full of old laws, why would we assume homosexuality being a sin isnt one of them???

Typical argument with a religious person' date=' they give up.[/quote']

no, i dnt feel like repeating myself for someone who refuses to read...

typical fad athiests:rolleyes:

read my first post' date=' im not wasting my time with you lol

gnight[/quote']

So if you were a slave in the old days you should've just accepted it?

lol

Morality at it's best.

leviticus is full of old laws' date=' and things were made clear and clarified in the new testiment...

personally do i care if they get married? idgaf, let them have paper that says there married w/e lol....but it being a sin has never changed, unlike the other things your TRYING to compare them with =)[/quote']

http://www.openbible.info/topics/abomination

Did a quick google search of abominations in the bible, check it out.

Also, homosexuality is not strictly a social creation, recent medical studies have shown that not only is it natural, but selected for because of it's effects on the fertility of close family members. Nor is it a strictly human condition as many different species partake in homosexual activities.

how does that support slavery? it says they need to act according to whats going on' date=' just like turn the other cheek....thats like saying "obey the government"....derp[/quote']

If the bible didn't support slavery, if it denounced it as an evil act, don't you think it would be a rallying cry for slaves to revolt.Instead it considers slaves as property like cattle and suggests that they should be loyal to their owners.