Dont you think the UFC is secretly taking care of UFC 151 fighters?

Hammer_Down

Pretty sure Dana is taking care of those guys... I'm sure a couple of guys rent money and gym fees is pocket change compared to the money that was wasted on the promotion of the event and loss of money from ticket and PPV sales. I think this is why the UFC hasn't commented on the effect cancelling the event would have on those guys. The only people that have brought it up have been Chael, Rashad, and MMA pundits.

Pretty sure Dana is taking care of those guys... I'm sure a couple of guys rent money and gym fees is pocket change compared to the money that was wasted on the promotion of the vent and loss of money from ticket and PPV sales.

They damn sure better. Those guys were counting on that money. They should all (except Jones, obviously) be paid their fight money + win bonus just for the inconvenience.

Pretty sure Dana is taking care of those guys... I'm sure a couple of guys rent money and gym fees is pocket change compared to the money that was wasted on the promotion of the event and loss of money from ticket and PPV sales. I think this is why the UFC hasn't commented on the effect cancelling the event would have on those guys. The only people that have brought it up have been Chael' date=' Rashad, and MMA pundits.[/quote']

I would hope so...it would do good for the promo/ fighter relationship

Many of these guys don't have or earn a lot of money and needed this paycheck

Ya. I mean the UFC knows guys dont just show up one Saturday night and earn their entire purse there. They do it through a long and painful training camp. Most of these guys went through all of it but flying out for the event. Its one thing if you're injured and can't go, but all of these guys were ready to go.

I doubt it, its one of those things they wouldn't really leave hanging out there for people to speculate on when they can use it to their benefit. Good press is the best form of advertisement, so as greedy as it may seem its a small price if they pay the fighters off and "clear the rumors," they conveniently look like the good guys in the process and further shift blame to the jones and jackson.

(I'm not defending jones or jackson, they are both scum.)

NOPE you sir bought into Dana's BS.

He brought those OTHER guys into the speech because he was mad at Jones for his OWN poor management of an event.

There were so many ways to avoid that without ANY blame being put on Jones but Dana simply cannot do his job.His job as President is not anyone else's fault but his own,however he NEVER takes responsibility.

One reporter laid out a simple question to him ,that the event was not cancelled because of Jones but because the card was weak.He completely side tracked the question and continued to blame Jones,how classless is that?

Since these injuries are so common [very odd in that alone] he should calling the main fights he considers important to a card to make sure everything is ok.Hendo was hurt 3 weeks prior and neither him or Hendo did a single thing again unprofessional by both.

He also continually spewed off about NEVER have i had a fighter turn me down.Well he said himself ,he can't MAKE guys fight,so he SHOULD have been organized,he was simply banking on LUCK,not a proper way to run a business.

My point is all of this was Dana's fault,if he CARED about those fighters he would have had that card continue.He could have had a card that did not rely on one fight,that alone is VERY sad.

There are many other reasons to prove he doesn't care,simply look at how much they pay MOST of the fighters and you get the picture.Look back and read up on the Kalib Starnes incident and the Jon Fitch incident,he couldn't care less about any of them.The UFC treats it's fighters like meat ,use them then toss them,unless your his buddy like Lidell or he can make money off you.