Is Jon Jones bad publicity good for business?

RogerJones620

Absolutely. There are so many people that want to see him lose. I'm still not convinced that some of this stuff isn't staged. It reminds me of when I used to watch wrestling and the good guy turned into the bad guy. I'm sure the UFC and Jon Jones have PR people and I hope they don't suck at their job that bad.

Absolutely. There are so many people that want to see him lose. I'm still not convinced that some of this stuff isn't staged. It reminds me of when I used to watch wrestling and the good guy turned into the bad guy. I'm sure the UFC and Jon Jones have PR people and I hope they don't suck at their job that bad.

rumor has it that Jones' PR rep quit lol

I almost promise that any PPV he headlines will be one of, if not the highest selling in recent history. For starters, Bones is an amazing fighter and it is fun to watch him absolutely dominate everybody the way he does. But now..., since the UFC has pretty much sold him up the river, twice as many idiots will buy the PPV he's on just to watch him get KTFO (won't happen).

I wont buy a ppv with him it, just cause I know that some of that money will go to him. GSP, while being boring at times, isn't a complete DB. I hope to watch the post fight presser and see that jones lost. I would never wish a fighter any permanent harm like some folks here. lol But I would like to see him lose and get some humble pie.

I find Jon Jones' fights to be incredibly boring because of how one-sided they usually are' date=' but now I suddenly find myself wanting to tune in under the hope that he may get knocked out. This is actually why I watch GSP fight (I really want to see him lose his title). Does anyone else feel this way?[/quote']

Yes because it sells fight. If people hate him then they will pay at a chance to see him lose. Its good business.

I don't know if realism = bandwagon. I don't like Jones at all' date=' but I don't see him losing anytime soon. He has been blessed with freak genetics (size-wise) that likely only occur once a lifetime in this type of sport.[/quote']

You only won't see him lose if he doesn't move up a weightclass once he is at HW there are a few guys I think that will beat him.

Also I think the Jones situation is likely now a publicity stunt the UFC have accepted they can't milk him on the ''he is a good role model'' card so now have accepted he is disliked and will milk him as the bad guy of MMA instead.

I'm sure the first time Tyson fought after he returned from the big house it was probably a PPV smash.

Controversy sells.

They'll be celebrations and parades through the streets when Jones finally gets KTFO, but I'm not too confident Vitor will be the man to deliver us this great joy.

I wont buy a ppv with him it' date=' just cause I know that some of that money will go to him. GSP, while being boring at times, isn't a complete DB. I hope to watch the post fight presser and see that jones lost. I would never wish a fighter any permanent harm like some folks here. lol But I would like to see him lose and get some humble pie.[/quote']

This^^.

Would i pay to watch a Jones fight just cause i want to see him lose?. Not in a million years!.

No way will a penny of mine ever find its way into that ****heads pockets.

Anyone who buys one of his ppv's is just feeding his hype, and his bank account. **** him and his bull****.