Is it just me, or does Vitor Belfort sound like he is expecting to lose?

RogerJones620

I actually wouldn't blame the guy; that would be like them asking me to go fight a guy 30-50 pounds bigger than me. I might laugh it off, and agree to get in the cage just for lols, but I would have no serious delusion of winning. Here is the interview I am referring to:

Interviewer: You had previously said that you were thinking about moving up to LHW, and it seems that these events have anticipated this. Is it safe to say that you are moving up for good?

Belfort: I don't think so. I am moving up entirely for the benefit of the organization. My weight class is MW. I am moving up just to fight Jones.

Interviewer: What if you win?

Belfort: Forget the "ifs". We deal with them later.

http://sportv.globo.com/site/eventos/combate/noticia/2012/09/sou-o-unico-cara-da-minha-era-que-ainda-esta-no-topo-diz-vitor-belfort.html

I think he seems very confident, and I would enjoy seeing him win.

I think Bisping should get title shot next if he takes out Stann, he definetly deserves a shot by now. Hes been fighting top guys for sometime now.. and two of his losses are against guys that were supposed to fight for LHW bealt. :) WAR Bisping!!

I think he seems very confident' date=' and I would enjoy seeing him win.

I think Bisping should get title shot next if he takes out Stann, he definetly deserves a shot by now. Hes been fighting top guys for sometime now.. and two of his losses are against guys that were supposed to fight for LHW bealt. :) WAR Bisping!![/quote']

I hope he gets it too, but Bisping seems like one of those "jack of all trade, master of none" fighters that Anderson would murder. Kinda like what he did to Forrest. I don't think Bispings wrestling is good enough to keep him down. He definitely can't strike with him and he'd get outclassed on the ground too. IMO he's the most deserving of a title shot though.

I hope he gets it too' date=' but Bisping seems like one of those "jack of all trade, master of none" fighters that Anderson would murder. Kinda like what he did to Forrest. I don't think Bispings wrestling is good enough to keep him down. He definitely can't strike with him and he'd get outclassed on the ground too. IMO he's the most deserving of a title shot though.[/quote']

BISPING WOULD HANDLE HIS SELF PRETTY WELL IN THE BOXING DEPARTMENT. ITS THE OTHER POINTS OF STRIKING THAT MAY CAUSE HIM TROUBLE. SILVA WOULD NOT DISPOSE OF HIM SO EASY LIKE ALL THE OTHER SO CALLED STRIKERS. bANK ON IT

BISPING WOULD HANDLE HIS SELF PRETTY WELL IN THE BOXING DEPARTMENT. ITS THE OTHER POINTS OF STRIKING THAT MAY CAUSE HIM TROUBLE. SILVA WOULD NOT DISPOSE OF HIM SO EASY LIKE ALL THE OTHER SO CALLED STRIKERS. bANK ON IT

I just think Bisping will end up on a highlight reel. I try to look at fights without bias, and I don't see anyway Bisping will win. I don't see anyway he won't get embarassed either. The best case scenario is that he takes Andy to a unanimous decision in Andy's favor.

I just think Bisping will end up on a highlight reel. I try to look at fights without bias' date=' and I don't see anyway Bisping will win. I don't see anyway he won't get embarassed either. The best case scenario is that he takes Andy to a unanimous decision in Andy's favor.[/quote']

true but bisping is a form of agressive that andy hasn't faced. He's just as technical striker, he doesn't just go str8 forward or back. The reach is identical he will use str8 punches like those who caught silva against chael. He can also try and take andy down in the later rds. Bisping has cardio for days.

true but bisping is a form of agressive that andy hasn't faced. He's just as technical striker' date=' he doesn't just go str8 forward or back. The reach is identical he will use str8 punches like those who caught silva against chael. He can also try and take andy down in the later rds. Bisping has cardio for days.[/quote']

Big fan of Bisping but i honestly think Anderson will show no respect for Bispings punches and walk right threw him...TKO.

Vitor does not walk around much lighter than Jones,he cuts a lot of weight.

Vitor would feel like he is about to lose because he knows he doesn't have the skills.

Even his fight versus a way out of shape Rumble,he was being man handled until Rumble completely gassed out aka Mayhem Miller style.Before that he was literally embarrassed by Silva.IMO he is just another old schooler lost without the skills,that go you by in the old days ,not anymore.

Bispings name would sell the card but hes a guy who after years in the UFC his best win to show is against an over the hill Jorge Rivera.

Bisping has been catered fights his entire career to get him on a streak for big fights. The UFC has given him chances with fights against hendo,Evans,Wanderlei and hes faultered each time. Id be for him to get the shot with a win over Stann. he stepped up for the organization on short notice for Chael( take notes JBJ.) but he would be worked by Silva. Hes just out matched.