Anderson Silva - Big Fights Only

He's at the point where he only wants big fights.

A no name won't interest him anymore. How many no names can you smash before you say enough is enough.

Big fight's only.

He wants 1 mil plus buys per ppv now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy4Vm-IJyiE3Xqh_MihiDCHpjZ3OZE6nkQGwLDEszTvvGCPz0U&t=1

What are your opinions?

imagine if by some moronic reason Silva is matched (by the UFC to some lower ranked fighter like for example Court McGee.. (this can happen is for example the 1st contender gets injured and there is nobody else that are in fighting shape...

in this case Silva, which is one of the greatest ever, must fight someone who in all reallity has not done anything to earn a title shot.. In reality Silva would have everything to loose (if he lost this fight his "best ever" reputation would go down the drain) and nothing to win (most haters would spam about how Court did not deserve the fight and claim Silva only takes easy fights).. And the "best ever" discussion would be filled with "he only beat cans" arguments...

Also you need to remember that it is not like anyone in the UFC just "turn up to fight",, they mostly need months to prepear and build the correct skillset and power...

So why should SIlva (or anyone else) accept something like this? Would it not be better for everyone if he instead waited until someone worthy turned up.. And if that took to long Silv should be allowed to challenge people like GSP (or anyone at LHW)... So that we the fans can get the interesting fights we want..

and for everyone that looks as this sport and say "You fight who the UFC wants you to. Picking and choosing opponents is stupid." should look to any other martial art.. No other martial art (at the elite level) has a system where a champ is forced to take stupid fights...

Honestly if Silva only wants to fight big names, I am fine with it, and I agree with him. But in doing so, it shows that he really doesn't care about his belt, and perhaps he should surrender it so that he's completely free to accept whatever fights he wants, at whatever weight he wants.

I would consider a fight against Michael Bisping to be a fight against a big name.

With this in mind; however' date=' who does Anderson Silva consider a big name in his own respective weight division? I mean, you can't exactly conjure up super stars from thin air.[/quote']

He is pretty set on fighting GSP. Which I personally think is great.

With this in mind; however' date=' who does Anderson Silva consider a big name in his own respective weight division? I mean, you can't exactly conjure up super stars from thin air. [/quote']

That's why he should voluntarily give up his belt. He should announce that there's no competition left in his division, and he's more interested in fighting the best in the world than the best in a division that he's already cleaned out.

Hell, he should just make his own pound-for-pound belt, and only defend it against the very top guys.

If we could just genetically engineer a third Diaz brother who was the ideal size for 185lbs to face Anderson' date=' we could use Nick's and Nate's DNA along with a little of Shinya Aoki's and his name would be Noah Diaz.

[b']

Yeah....Anderson brought up fighting his own clone because he ducks Noah Diaz.

[/b]

lol noah diaz :P

stfu and fight imo

That's like telling an A list actor to do a B list movie.

Honestly if Silva only wants to fight big names' date=' I am fine with it, and I agree with him. But in doing so, it shows that he really doesn't care about his belt, and perhaps he should surrender it so that he's completely free to accept whatever fights he wants, at whatever weight he wants.[/quote']

Only problem here is he wants to cement his legacy, and doing so requires that no one ever beats his belt defense streak. People will be catching up soon (gsp, Jones, aldo, possibly cruz), so i don't think he wants to give the belt up just yet.

I would consider a fight against Michael Bisping to be a fight against a big name.

With this in mind; however' date=' who does Anderson Silva consider a big name in his own respective weight division? I mean, you can't exactly conjure up super stars from thin air.[/quote']

Yea he's stated he would fight Bisping, because let's face it, he is a big name.

He is pretty set on fighting GSP. Which I personally think is great.

Anderson really wants this GSP fight.. bad.. bad enough that he doesn't want GSP to fight Condit' date=' and if he does he doesn't care who wins, he just wants GSP.

You can never win against the fans if you're Anderson silva. You call for big fights, they say you're ducking competition but if you beat up on dudes who are on a small win streak in the division then they label you as "the can ".[ It sucks to be AS I wouldn't want his life.

I would certainly want his life, but yea you are right on the rest, but i suppose you can't please everyone, so do what's best for yourself and your company! Big Fights only!

That's why he should voluntarily give up his belt. He should announce that there's no competition left in his division' date=' and he's more interested in fighting the best in the world than the best in a division that he's already cleaned out.

Hell, he should just make his own pound-for-pound belt, and only defend it against the very top guys.

I like that idea! Pitch it to Dana!

nick diaz said he would move up to fight anderson. that fight is the most interesting fight right now besides bisping

Yea that's a huge fight too, not sure why the UFC thinks it's such a joke. Big Fights sell, the uFc is a business, what's the problem?

GSP will never take the silva fight, besides gsp would have to move up to MW and unless he looses his belt at WW he isnt going to do that. What kind of superfight would it be if GSP had no belt?

Diaz vs silva would be a huge PPV draw but i think everyone knows inside that Diaz doesnt really have much of a chance in this fight. Still msot would want to see it.

Weidman isnt a big name but he is a dangerous opponent for silva and could very well cause problems for him like sonnen did in their first fight.

GSP will never take the silva fight' date=' besides gsp would have to move up to MW and unless he looses his belt at WW he isnt going to do that. What kind of superfight would it be if GSP had no belt?

Diaz vs silva would be a huge PPV draw but i think everyone knows inside that Diaz doesnt really have much of a chance in this fight. Still msot would want to see it.

Weidman isnt a big name but he is a dangerous opponent for silva and could very well cause problems for him like sonnen did in their first fight.[/quote']

It would probably be a catch weight fight. GSP is still GSP. But if he gets ko/tkod by Condit then i could see the buy rate dropping. Still a 1 mil + ppv fight.

I MUST see Diaz v Silva!

Weidman is dangerous, but the buy rate would hardly break 500k. It's far too soon, Anderson has more title defenses then Wiedman has mma fights.

So the man wants only big fights, to fight the best. To be a UFC GOD. Easy.......move up you chicken bleep!! Evans, Machida, and JBJ ain't no push overs. Maybe even Gus. Don't feed me the "but he's my friend" BS! Those would be big name fights and if he walks through them.....then I will stand outside naked and scream to the top of my lungs...."Silva is a UFC GOD!!!"

Sounds good to me. I think it would be good if he just gave up his title and just had his next 4 fights at LHW. I would like to see him beat the livin hell out of Page' date=' Rua, Gustafson and then Bones then retire after that.......[/quote']

it would be like he's fighting in Jones shadow if he fought most of the guys Jones had already dismantled.

As much as Anderson hates Chael Sonnen' date=' I truly believe it was Chael Sonnen who opened Anderson's eyes to the money behind a big fight with a huge PPV draw -- this was literally all thanks to Chael and his awesome promotional skills.[/quote']

Ding ding ding! Finally someone said it :)

He's at the point where he only wants big fights.

A no name won't interest him anymore. How many no names can you smash before you say enough is enough.

Big fight's only.

He wants 1 mil plus buys per ppv now.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy4Vm-IJyiE3Xqh_MihiDCHpjZ3OZE6nkQGwLDEszTvvGCPz0U&t=1

What are your opinions?

This tells me he's on the verge of retirement. He's chasing some of the big bucks so he can live in luxury for the rest of his life.