God is not dead: What Quantum Physics Tells About Our Origins And Who We Are

KINGnoob

From the book description:

Move over, Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens--a highly regarded nuclear physicist enters the debate about the existence of God--and comes down on the side of the angels. Goswami's hypothesis is that quantum physics holds the key to all the unsolved mysteries of biology--the nature and origin of life, fossil gaps of evolution, why evolution proceeds from simple to complex, and why biological beings have feeling and consciousness.

In God is Not Dead, Goswami moves beyond theory and shows how a God-based science puts ethics and values where it belongs: at the center of our lives and societies. He provides a scientific model that steers between scientific materialism and religious fundamentalism; a model that has implications for how we live both individually and collectively.

God is Not Dead is a fascinating tour of quantum physics, consciousness, and the existence and experience of God.

1) He wants to talk about the existence of God yet he comes on the side of ANGELS. Not going to go into it why that's wrong.

2) Hypothesis. Not theory or facts. Subjective because you are religious much? Next.

3) I thought this guy was a "well-renowned physicist" yet the main focus of this book is biology.... the "unsolved mysteries" of biology of which he names some things that aren't mysteries at all:

Nature and origin of life: possible ways for life to come from non-life in nature discovered? Check.

Fossil gaps: Of course there are fossil gaps. Anyone who understands how bone fossilizes would expect that not all transitional forms were necessarily preserved, even if you excavate all of the Earth. This one is completely jumping the shark.

Why evolution proceeds from simple to complex: That's a mystery? Someone give this guy a grade 11 biology textbook (read: not a creationist one)

Why biological beings have feelings and consciousness: That's a mystery? This guy dubs everything as a mystery, what does he want to know about a phenomena, 100% of everything there is to know about everything for it to not be a mystery? Playing with definitions this guy is.

Goswami moves beyond theory: Wait, a few sentences ago he said hypothesis. Oh of course! He means a personal theory of his, not a scientific theory. Got it.

God-based science: That is hilarious because they are contradictory by definition. Science deals with developing working models about the natural world and reality, and god by most people's definition and religions is a supernatural being. Science does not deal with the supernatural.

Ethics and values where they belong: I was not aware a supernatural deity is required for this.

Existence and experience of God: Where is his noble prize? If he proves the existence of the supernatural he should get one. Oh dear me!

I had fun.

Even if the book is more legit than this and like someone said this is to make more people buy it, don't blame me. I just dissected the official book description.

The fact that it made Polymerase cry makes me want to read it. Sounds like a good book.

My apologies, but you would be sad to know I didn't cry ;)

More of a /facedesk however.

By all means go ahead and read it. Maybe afterwards you can explain to me what metaphysical, spirit, god, god-science are. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge!

My apologies' date=' but you would be sad to know I didn't cry ;)

More of a /facedesk however.

By all means go ahead and read it. Maybe afterwards you can explain to me what metaphysical, spirit, god, god-science are. Looking forward to expanding my knowledge![/quote']

Lol Idc, you're an atheist and how you feel is your business. Not sure if I'll read it yet, I'm still undecided.

I don't really care what you believe because everyone has the right to say what they please. But honestly, I think you'd get a better reaction if you took a different approach.

Lol Idc' date=' you're an atheist and how you feel is your business. Not sure if I'll read it yet, I'm still undecided.

I don't really care what you believe because everyone has the right to say what they please. But honestly, I[b'] think you'd get a better reaction if you took a different approach[/b].

Being objective, concise and to the point is that bad?

What would you say is a better way to not get hated by religious people, lie and make it seem their viewpoint is valid, especially in instances like this when they claim to have scientific evidence for the supernatural and their religious beliefs?

That would be dishonest on my part....

From the book description:

Move over' date=' Richard Dawkins and Christopher Hitchens--a highly regarded nuclear physicist enters the debate about the existence of God--and comes down on the side of the angels. Goswami's hypothesis is that quantum physics holds the key to all the unsolved mysteries of biology--the nature and origin of life, fossil gaps of evolution, why evolution proceeds from simple to complex, and why biological beings have feeling and consciousness.

In God is Not Dead, Goswami moves beyond theory and shows how a God-based science puts ethics and values where it belongs: at the center of our lives and societies. He provides a scientific model that steers between scientific materialism and religious fundamentalism; a model that has implications for how we live both individually and collectively.

God is Not Dead is a fascinating tour of quantum physics, consciousness, and the existence and experience of God.

1) He wants to talk about the existence of God yet he comes on the side of ANGELS. Not going to go into it why that's wrong.

2)[b'] Hypothesis.[/b] Not theory or facts. Subjective because you are religious much? Next.

3) I thought this guy was a "well-renowned physicist" yet the main focus of this book is biology.... the "unsolved mysteries" of biology of which he names some things that aren't mysteries at all:

Nature and origin of life: possible ways for life to come from non-life in nature discovered? Check.

Fossil gaps: Of course there are fossil gaps. Anyone who understands how bone fossilizes would expect that not all transitional forms were necessarily preserved, even if you excavate all of the Earth. This one is completely jumping the shark.

Why evolution proceeds from simple to complex: That's a mystery? Someone give this guy a grade 11 biology textbook (read: not a creationist one)

Why biological beings have feelings and consciousness: That's a mystery? This guy dubs everything as a mystery, what does he want to know about a phenomena, 100% of everything there is to know about everything for it to not be a mystery? Playing with definitions this guy is.

Goswami moves beyond theory: Wait, a few sentences ago he said hypothesis. Oh of course! He means a personal theory of his, not a scientific theory. Got it.

God-based science: That is hilarious because they are contradictory by definition. Science deals with developing working models about the natural world and reality, and god by most people's definition and religions is a supernatural being. Science does not deal with the supernatural.

Ethics and values where they belong: I was not aware a supernatural deity is required for this.

Existence and experience of God: Where is his noble prize? If he proves the existence of the supernatural he should get one. Oh dear me!

I had fun.

Even if the book is more legit than this and like someone said this is to make more people buy it, don't blame me. I just dissected the official book description.

I believe in ownage, and it looks like this.