I am now a Jon Jones fan

legionarivs6

In recent days, it seems everybody hates Jon Jones. People call him a ducker, a coward, a brat,

yet these recent events have turned me from a jones hater to a jones lover.

The guy is confident, let's not deny that. He has finally embraced his ****iness, and let's face it, Jon Jones is a beast. People don't seem to like the fact that he doesn't speak in ebonics, coupled with the fact that he's ragdolled numerous former world champions and fan favorites.

He is a stud, and I commend him for standing up to his employer. People have no right to call him a ducker, this is a guy who fought Shogun Rua on one month's notice right after a fight, whilst being on a undefeated streak, for the belt.

Now that he actually has something to lose, why would he risk it all against a nobody in Chael Sonnen, somebody that would add nothing by being on his list of victims.

Im ranting, but that's just my 2 cents.

Sincerely,

A new Jon Jones fan

With me it's the exact opposite. I never really disliked Jones. But his DUI and how he handled himself afterwards, including refusing to fight Sonnen really made me see this guy in a different light.

Also I had never visited his website. Now I have and it's amazing how someone can agree to that amount of narcism being displayed in his name. It's like the guy sees himself as the new Messiah. It's nauseating.

In recent days' date=' it seems everybody hates Jon Jones. People call him a ducker, a coward, a brat,

The guy is confident, let's not deny that. He has finally embraced his ****iness, and let's face it, Jon Jones is a beast. People don't seem to like the fact that he doesn't speak in ebonics, coupled with the fact that he's ragdolled numerous former world champions and fan favorites.

He is a stud, and I commend him for standing up to his employer. People have no right to call him a ducker, this is a guy who fought Shogun Rua on one month's notice right after a fight, whilst being on a undefeated streak, for the belt.

Now that he actually has something to lose, why would he risk it all against a nobody in Chael Sonnen, somebody that would add nothing by being on his list of victims.

Sincerely,

A new Jon Jones fan[/quote']

Please put the pipe down sir. It's labor day weekend so you could be intoxicated. I've been a fan of Jones since I first saw him fight in the UFC, but lately he has been acting like such a ****** bag that I'm hoping him and Dana are putting on an act to help promote fights. I'm strictly a fan of his when he steps foot in the octogon and only that until he can prove he is an adult.

Again, in the octagon he IS a beast, that noone can take away. He has manhandled a couple of real fighters, so don't deny his ability inside the cage.

As a person though, fallen from grace somewhat.

Was he to gain anything from beating Chael? Depends how you look at it.

Sportswise, no, Chael is no real threat, although this is mma and anything can happen. A win would pretty much been seen as JBJ doing his job, a loss would tarnish his record badly, but on the other hand it would be a good grudge-match, the unevitable re-match were Sonnen able to upset...

Personally he would've gained a lot, he would have given what he got, a short-notice chance at a belt. He would've been true to his word, that he is a company man and that he would never back out of i fight. And that he would never back down from a Sonnen-fight...

I can in a way understand why he backed out, but in a more important way i cannot. Other people suffered for his decision, there's no going around that fact.

That being said, Dana has got to take some responsibility making a card so dependant on one fight, but that's been talked about som much my ears are bleeding...

I give the fighter Jon Jones the credit he deserves as a fighter, but the person, well he seems to be a selfloving ******...

In recent days' date=' it seems everybody hates Jon Jones. People call him a ducker, a coward, a brat,

Sincerely,

A new Jon Jones fan[/quote']

Someone with some common sense. I have been a fan of JBJ since he first showed up. I think he needs some serious help with his PR, but you gotte respect his fighting abilities.

In recent days' date='[/b'] it seems everybody hates Jon Jones. People call him a ducker, a coward, a brat,

Sincerely,

A new Jon Jones fan

1) Not in recent days, this guy deserves no respect and I can't imagine how people can like him. He is in love with himself, selfish, delusional with a messiah complex and a hypocrite. A rich, drunk brat, that probably gets an ******** when looking at himself in the bathroom mirror.

2) Confident, beast and a stud. LOL!!!! Ducking someone 30-40 lbs lighter than you makes you just that.

Also, how can you call this guy a stud when he fights people clearly visibly smaller than him.

Put your pipe down and don't lie to yourself. Perhaps he needs to carry the cross more for the UFC (lol) a bit more praying to Jesus (heh) in order to be confident enough to fight a 185 pounder.

I agree with the OP.

If he had declined a fight with Machida or Shogun (or even another LHW), although I would understand I wouldn't support or defend it.

But Chael is just ridiculous, that in addition with the fact that Hendo got injured 3 and a half weeks before the event and didn't tell anyone (meanwhile Chael was already starting **** with Jones on twitter, coincidence??:rolleyes: ), it's absurd the ammount of hate Jones' getting for this.

Dana said it was Jones fault and everybody believed it without question, beacuse Dana never lies and throws fighters under the bus to cover his tracks, right?

Why should the most dominant champion in LHW history be put in a position where he has everything to lose and nothing to gain?

Yeah, maybe he would get more money for this fight, but it's not like the fight with Hendo wasn't already making him a pretty penny switching with Chael wouldn't be as profitable as people think.

I was a Jones fan.....hard for me to be right now.

Shogun fought him on short notice, it's how he got the belt.

He should have done the same. How would he have felt if Shogun said no to his fight?

He is the best, there is no doubt in my mind. I think it has gone to his head. That sucks. From the DUI and under aged girls, to this. Even those things, I will say he is young. But, the crap is pilling up. The way he just dropped Machida?

Oh yeah, I had cage side seats for last Saturday night. First time to Vegas. So, there is that too.

Not to mention this.....if he takes the Sonnen fight, all the fighters that NEED the money, still get paid.

All the fans that paid for plane tickets, and hotels do not get screwed.

But, who is really to blame? Jones could have saved the event, but he is not the one that canceled it.

Not to mention this.....if he takes the Sonnen fight' date=' all the fighters that NEED the money, still get paid.

But, who is really to blame? Jones could have saved the event, but he is not the one that canceled it.[/quote']

this is true but he is still a bad person for many other reasons

also him saying he has no plans on twitter because of an old mans knee was pretty gutless.

he also claimed he wouldn't say no to zuffa or duck a fight...

AND he said earlier he mainly fights for the money

Not to mention this.....if he takes the Sonnen fight' date=' all the fighters that NEED the money, still get paid.

But, who is really to blame? Jones could have saved the event, but he is not the one that canceled it.[/quote']

It's not entirely his fault, but I still blame him. Without the Jones/Hendo fight that card was not PPV worthy. Zuffa should have scrambled to get F/X or Fuel to carry it and show it for free (maybe give ticketholders a 25% discount), or put two other big names from any weight class that were willing to fight on short notice in the main event slot. There are things that could have been done to keep the card on, but if Jones hadn't ducked Sonnen it wouldn't have been necessary.