Which fights has the UFC put on that you consider to be "superfight"

UFC_311

I really don't think the UFC has put on a "superfight" yet. The only one I thought would qualify is GSP vs. Nick Diaz, and I still really want to happen.

GSP vs. Diaz

GSP vs. Silva

Jones vs. Dos Santos

are the only fights the UFC could put on right now that I think would.

Aldo vs. Edgar is awesome, but not a superfight in my opinion.

Randy vs James Tony was a superfight i guess. One of the best mixed martial artists ever vs one of the best boxers ever. Not saying it was an even matchup but the boxing vs mma thing was really building up until Randy stomped him with ease.

W silva vs Liddell was a superfight that was building for years and lived up to the hype. I also thought Liddell vs Rampage was a superfight. Both rampage and silva were new to the ufc and Chuck was said to be the man to beat

I firmly believe if Gsp beats Condit gsp vs silva is on.

GSP vs. Penn is the only superfight they ever made, imo. At the time, two of the P4P greats.

Aldo vs. Edgar is also a superfight because Frankie is still the top LW in the world. I'll come clean and admit that after the two fights with Bendo happened, I clearly had Frankie winning both of them, even though I defended the decisions in the aftermath like a biased fanboy. They have also both been in the P4P discussion for the past year and they're finally gonna duke it out. Two insane warriors in their prime. You gotta love it.

B.J. v GSP (happened already)

Aldo v Edgar (ur kidding if you don't think this is a super fight)

JDS v Reem (it will happen early 2013)

GSP v Silva (it will happen before 2013 is over)

Jones v Rashad/Machida/Rampage/Shogun (Champ v ex-champs)

Jones v JDS (it will happen one day, in the next couple years)

How bout back in the day, Ortiz v Liddell?

If Diaz wins 1 more fight and GSP beats Condit it would still be easily marketable.

When you lose a close decision (Diaz vs Condit' date=' Edgar vs Bendo) your stock doesn't go down that much

GSP vs Diaz would still make many people happy[/quote']

It would, but don't get your hopes up.

GSP v Silva is going down after GSP runs through Condit.

If Diaz wins 1 more fight and GSP beats Condit it would still be easily marketable.

When you lose a close decision (Diaz vs Condit' date=' Edgar vs Bendo) your stock doesn't go down that much

GSP vs Diaz would still make many people happy[/quote']

for me what made GSP/Diaz a superfight was the allure of UFC champion vs SF champion and with the more time that passes the more I see Diaz/GSP as being just a fight.

but yes GSP vs Diaz would still make many people happy ha ha

It would' date=' but don't get your hopes up.

GSP v Silva is going down after GSP runs through Condit.[/quote']

Yeah, Diaz is suspended until February either way

for me what made GSP/Diaz a superfight was the allure of UFC champion vs SF champion and with the more time that passes the more I see Diaz/GSP as being just a fight.

but yes GSP vs Diaz would still make many people happy ha ha

Hmm, in my opinion that was just a small part of the appeal. GSP vs Diaz (seem to) hate each other, one is a poster boy, the other is a bad boy. One fights safer (no disrespect) the other fights carelessly

It's just a perfect match

Do you know why no one is talking about GSP vs Condit even though the fight is already booked? Because no one cares about that fight, people would rather talk about Jon Jones' adventures

If GSP vs Diaz was booked the forum would be crazy right now

Yeah' date=' Diaz is suspended until February either way

Hmm, in my opinion that was just a small part of the appeal. GSP vs Diaz (seem to) hate each other, one is a poster boy, the other is a bad boy. One fights safer (no disrespect) the other fights carelessly

Do you know why no one is talking about GSP vs Condit even though the fight is already booked? Because no one cares about that fight, people would rather talk about Jon Jones' adventures

If GSP vs Diaz was booked the forum would be crazy right now[/quote']

You could actually make the argument that GSP v Condit is indeed a superfight. Let me try...

Condit is the former WEC champ, only losing his title because he came to the UFC.

Condit is 28-5, with 26 finishes, and only 2 decision wins.

Condit already beat the future champ, Rory McDonald.

Condit already beat the WW Strikforce champ, Nick Diaz (i no i no).

Condit is the interm WW champion, him and GSP are the only two WW in the world to currently hold UFC gold at WW.

GSP v Condit. Superfight?

GSP v Condit. Superfight?

It would be had Condit knocked out Nick Diaz or put a beating on him. He fought a safe fight, scared to engage

And the Interim belt is just a marketing ploy to get more PPV buys (do you really think Big Nog, Shane Carwin were UFC champs?)

GSP vs Condit is on the same level as GSP vs Shields because Shields also had a belt, but Condit's appeal is very low because of the Diaz fight.

Again, if GSP vs Condit was a superfight you would see tons of threads about it on the first page. Instead, people are talking about a GSP vs Silva fight and Jon Jones' behaviour

It would be had Condit knocked out Nick Diaz or put a beating on him. He fought a safe fight' date=' scared to engage

And the Interim belt is just a marketing ploy to get more PPV buys (do you really think Big Nog, Shane Carwin were UFC champs?)

GSP vs Condit is on the same level as GSP vs Shields because Shields also had a belt, but Condit's appeal is very low because of the Diaz fight.

Again, if GSP vs Condit was a superfight you would see tons of threads about it on the first page. Instead, people are talking about a GSP vs Silva fight and Jon Jones' behaviour[/quote']

I do agree with ya, but if, and this is a big IF, Condit goes out there and fights like he had in his previous 28 fights (excluding his last performance), and GSP goes out there and fights like RUSH, then it will be a super fight in my eyes :)

Yeah' date=' Diaz is suspended until February either way

Hmm, in my opinion that was just a small part of the appeal. GSP vs Diaz (seem to) hate each other, one is a poster boy, the other is a bad boy. [b']One fights safer (no disrespect)[/b] the other fights carelessly

If GSP vs Diaz was booked the forum would be crazy right now

I lol'd...

I don't think anyone cares about any GSP fights now.... just sayin

lol

IMO "superfights" are only champion vs. champion fights or fights with 2 top 10 P4P fighters fighting each other. And I only count interim champion vs. champion if the interim champion has successfully defended his title at least once.

Georges St.-Pierre Vs. BJ Penn 2 (UFC Champion Vs. UFC Champion)

BJ Penn Vs. Sean Sherk (UFC Champion Vs. Stripped UFC Champion)

Georges St.-Pierre Vs. Jake Shields (UFC Champion Vs. Strikeforce Champion)

Quinton Jackson Vs. Dan Henderson (UFC Champion Vs. Pride FC Champion)

Anderson Silva Vs. Dan Henderson (UFC Champion Vs. Pride FC Champion)