The UFC adopting PRIDE Rules: Good or Bad?

If the UFC would adopt PRIDE Rules would the ppv/viewing numbers go up?

Would the fans rather have PRIDE Rules in place of the Unified Rules of MMA?

Or, would you rather see a mix of both PRIDE Rules and the Unified Rules of MMA? Which rules would you keep, and which would you toss away?

ONE FC thinks it's good for the sport, but they are not as mainstream as the UFC. I would personally take the best from both rule sets.

The UFC is already sanctioned in a lot of countries/states, would changing the rules affect that?

The current rules are fine as they are. The sport grew pretty rapidly and there was always going to be a period where the growth slowed. Changing the rules for Pride rules or just soccer kicks would actually hinder further growth.

It will be interesting to see if the rule change for OneFC has any long term benefits or just be a short term novelty bump. Not sure how many new MMA fans will go along with it

Think the rules are just fine as they are. Prohibiting soccer kicks and other stuff I think makes the fighter need to work harder and smarter which makes for a better fight imo.

One rule though that could change, were I in charge, I'd allow kneeing an opponent when on one knee and/or one hand, taking away that possibility when in trouble.

VERY bad.

I actually feel the UFC is in a real bad time,the sport is stagnant,it is NOT moving forward like Dana pretends it is.He is already reaching out to more households than say Hockey for example but is no where near the same in any aspect.

The UFC needs to make VERY good decisions right now,a couple stupid moves and they will be downhill all the way,until a shocking announcement ,that the UFC has been sold.

Think the rules are just fine as they are. Prohibiting soccer kicks and other stuff I think makes the fighter need to work harder and smarter which makes for a better fight imo.

One rule though that could change' date=' were I in charge, I'd allow kneeing an opponent when on one knee and/or one hand, taking away that possibility when in trouble.[/quote']

I just want knees to grounded opponents.. and allow kicks off your back.

I think some rules would work. The headstomps and knees to the head of a grounded opponent would continue to be banned. Not that I wouldn't mind seeing them be approved, but the athletic commissions would never approve. I think the yellow card system is something that needs to be put in. It would eliminate inactivity on the ground and in the clinch on the cage because LnP or stall fighters would have to worry about losing % of their purse and possibly being disqualified if they got to the 3rd yellow in one fight.