A Case To Allow Soccer Kicks

WAMMA

The top of the foot is an extremely delicate part of the body. If Jose Aldo were to kick a skull full force, his foot would break before the skull does.

The elbow, believe it or not, is also delicate. However, the shape of the elbow can easily cause cuts, but more importantly, it can fit inside an eye socket. Not to mention, the temple on your head is extremely sensitive to 'pointy' or concentrated impacts. Which can literally cause death on impact.

Soccer kicks KO opponents, elbows mostly cause cuts.

Soccer kicks, require skill, whereas elbows in the gaurd can be thrown with your eyes closed.

A kick received from a standing position can be more devastating then receiving a kick while on the ground. Firstly, a kick to the head of a standing opponent allows more time for the foot to accelerate. Soccer kicks only travel a short distance, hence it's quite difficult to accelerate as fast as a standing head kick.

The easiest way I can explain this is having two identical cars side by side. One car has 200 feet of straightway, and the other 1/4 mile. Which car in your mind would travel faster? Obviously the car on the 1/4 track has a much more substantial advantage for top speed. And just in case you forgot, F = MA

So should elbows be outlawed while we allow soccer kicks? No, I think we could have both. But if it had to be one, why not soccer kicks?

Disclaimer: this is an argument for soccer kicks, not head stomps

The top of the foot is an extremely delicate part of the body. If Jose Aldo were to kick a skull full force' date=' his foot would break before the skull does.

The elbow, believe it or not, is also delicate. However, the shape of the elbow can easily cause cuts, but more importantly, it can fit inside an eye socket. Not to mention, the temple on your head is extremely sensitive to 'pointy' or concentrated impacts. Which can literally cause death on impact.

Soccer kicks KO opponents, elbows mostly cause cuts.

Soccer kicks, require skill, whereas elbows in the gaurd can be thrown with your eyes closed.

A kick received from a standing position can be more devastating then receiving a kick while on the ground. Firstly, a kick to the head of a standing opponent allows more time for the foot to accelerate. Soccer kicks only travel a short distance, hence it's quite difficult to accelerate as fast as a standing head kick.

The easiest way I can explain this is having two identical cars side by side. One car has 200 feet of straightway, and the other 1/4 mile. Which car in your mind would travel faster? Obviously the car on the 1/4 track has a much more substantial advantage for top speed. And just in case you forgot, F = MA

So should elbows be outlawed while we allow soccer kicks? No, I think we could have both. But if it had to be one, why not soccer kicks?

Disclaimer: this is an argument for soccer kicks, not head stomps[/quote']

Almost everything about this post is plain wrong. The only part i see correct is the bold part and you don't aim with the instep anyway, you aim with the shin.

You can generate WAY more force with a soccer kick than kicking a standing opponent in the head.

Soccer kicks require less skill than you would think. All that is really required is knowing how to kick hard and accurate with proper timing. Something that is much much easier to do against a turtled opponent who doesn't see it coming.

Almost everything about this post is plain wrong. The only part i see correct is the bold part and you don't aim with the instep anyway' date=' you aim with the shin.

You can generate WAY more force with a soccer kick than kicking a standing opponent in the head.

Soccer kicks require less skill than you would think. All that is really required is knowing how to kick hard and accurate with proper timing. Something that is much much easier to do against a turtled opponent who doesn't see it coming.[/quote']

Soccer kicks use the shin?

First planks of wood are weaker than bone, if I hit Bigfoot Silva's big ol' head with a plank of wood it would break before his head did.

Furthermore Cain caused Silva's head to gush blood really easily but a plank of wood properly varnished would not cause bleeding so easily but would cause KO's.

How often do you hear about serious injuries from planks of wood anyway?

So I think fighters should be allowed to have planks of wood.

Disclaimer: this is an argument for planks of wood, not baseball bats!

I thought maybe we were going to have 11 fighters each side in a tag team event with two nets each side.

The team with Chael would only need 8 as Chael does enough talking to make up for 3.However because he needs a handicap they get the three players back.However because he is a Dana kiss *** they lose 2 players.His team loses 2 more for bigotry,2 more for racism,however they get 6 officers to play in their place to make sure no money laundering takes place.

Cheal's soccer team gets one extra substitution in case Chael gets hurt doing something stupid on the field,like a spinning back pass or something.Oh yes and one extra sub in case Lansberg shows up for an interview and Chael walks off.

So looking over the math,yes i think soccer kicks are doable in the UFC.