Does anyone else find Chael Sonnen talking about Jon Jones DUI ironic?

RogerJones620

I don't like Jon Jones, but this is the first time in my life I've heard a convicted felon talk **** about someone getting a misdemeanor. I know a ton of guys who have a DUI (misdemeanor), but don't know a single person who has a felony. I'm confused why Chael seems to think he is better than Jon Jones suddenly? Felony Laundering convictions aside, as far as the courts are concerned, Chael's PED use was a more serious crime than Jon Jones' DUI.

Not condoning DUIs, but they are more common than people realize, and the majority of them come from young guys like Jon Jones. Look at how many NFL / NBA players get them on the regular.

I don't like Jon Jones' date=' but this is the first time in my life I've heard a convicted felon talk **** about someone getting a misdemeanor. I know a ton of guys who have a DUI (misdemeanor), but don't know a single person who has a felony. I'm confused why Chael seems to think he is better than Jon Jones suddenly? Felony Laundering convictions aside, as far as the courts are concerned, Chael's PED use was a more serious crime than Jon Jones' DUI.

Not condoning DUIs, but they are more common than people realize, and the majority of them come from young guys like Jon Jones.[/quote']

Chael's comments come from a land of make believe. In his world he is the proverbial armor-clad knight riding a white steed attempting to save the maiden from the devilish fire breathing dragon. But the translation from his world to ours is a bunch of garbled nonsense that is hypocritical and ridiculous.

Pay no attention to the man behind Sonnen's curtain.

I don't like Jon Jones' date=' but this is the first time in my life I've heard a convicted felon talk **** about someone getting a misdemeanor. I know a ton of guys who have a DUI (misdemeanor), but don't know a single person who has a felony. I'm confused why Chael seems to think he is better than Jon Jones suddenly? Felony Laundering convictions aside, [b']as far as the courts are concerned, Chael's PED use was a more serious crime than Jon Jones' DUI.[/b]

Not condoning DUIs, but they are more common than people realize, and the majority of them come from young guys like Jon Jones. Look at how many NFL / NBA players get them on the regular.

Stopped reading right there.

Chael using PEDs only affects his body, maybe you could argue it effected Silva also, but Jon Jones drunk driving can potentially KILL tens or people. Everyone on the street, or in that area could have been in danger of getting ran over or worse.

Honestly drunk driving is far worse than over doing testosterone replacement.

Plus, Chael never pretended to be a little innocent Christian boy, he always said he was an American gangster and this and that. So him getting caught for fraud only certifies his image. Jon getting caught doing all the stuff he's doing goes against his perfect image, or whatever he thinks he has.

I do find it ironic' date=' but you're an idiot if you think using steroids compares to drink driving, and wrapping your car around a pole with 2 underage girls in the back[/quote']

The OP is obviously referring to the money laundering scandal being more serious than Jones' DUI. Careful what you're saying when you call someone names.

The OP is obviously referring to the money laundering scandal being more serious than Jones' DUI. Careful what you're saying when you call someone names.

just to come back to this, you think that money laundering and what Jones did are on the same level? One could have led to multiple deaths, the other would just lead to Chael smoking a couple of cubans in a nice suit

Jones' actions could have killed people, what Chael was charged and convicted of would not have killed anyone. Whether the crime is a felony or misdemeanor can be irrelevant because they are two different situations. Chael's crime was quite severe for what he did, but I'm sure Jon breathed a sigh of relief knowing he didn't kill anyone.

chaels ped use more serious than jon jones getting drunk and smashing his car into a pole, possibly even killing himself and anybody else in the proximity? really? did i just read that??? so a dude can use PED's to help rehabilitate his injuries and that is considered worse than some dude who is perfectly healthy and decides to get all ****tered drunk and drive wrecklessly putting other peoples lives in danger?

so chael's testosterone could jeopardize the outcome of a fight to the sheep who do not understand anything about TRT. so what? at least he doesnt cancel entire events. yeah if you ask me id rather swindle away a bunch of money from politics or real estate or whatever rather than to swindle away the life of innocent pedestrians or motorists. have another cold one johnny boy!

i want what youre smoking. gonna laugh so hard if he ducks sonnen for vitor and ends up getting KTFO. though i doubt that will happen, it would truly be the laughing stock of the community

English is my first and only language' date=' it made sense to me (even if I did have to do a tad bit of critical thinking to understand what was implied)...[/quote']

chaels ped use more serious than jon jones getting drunk and smashing his car into a pole' date=' possibly even killing himself and anybody else in the proximity? really? did i just read that??? so a dude can use PED's to help rehabilitate his injuries and that is considered worse than some dude who is perfectly healthy and decides to get all ****tered drunk and drive wrecklessly putting other peoples lives in danger?

so chael's testosterone could jeopardize the outcome of a fight to the sheep who do not understand anything about TRT. so what? at least he doesnt cancel entire events. yeah if you ask me id rather swindle away a bunch of money from politics or real estate or whatever rather than to swindle away the life of innocent pedestrians or motorists. have another cold one johnny boy!

i want what youre smoking. gonna laugh so hard if he ducks sonnen for vitor and ends up getting KTFO. though i doubt that will happen, it would truly be the laughing stock of the community[/quote']

Couldn't have been that obvious

I don't like Jon Jones' date=' but this is the first time in my life I've heard a convicted felon talk **** about someone getting a misdemeanor. I know a ton of guys who have a DUI (misdemeanor), but don't know a single person who has a felony. I'm confused why Chael seems to think he is better than Jon Jones suddenly? Felony Laundering convictions aside, as far as the courts are concerned, [b']Chael's PED use was a more serious crime than Jon Jones' DUI.[/b]

Wow. Just Wow.

I lose a little bit more faith in this forum every single day.

Like I said before, Chael does crazy stuff, and says insane things...but nothing he does goes against who he says he is. He might be a nutcase, but he's real. He's an "in-your-face" tough wrestler, that'll fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, and say anything about them to gain the mental edge. Jones on the other hand, is a divine creature from heaven (or so he says) who is morally better than all the other mere mortals around him...who just happens to enjoy drinking and driving on a suspended licence with minors in his car. He's actions contradict his speech, that's the only real reason I dislike him.

The way Chael talks, it's not a surprise he abused testosterone replacement and got caught for fraud, Jones, on the other hand...sheesh.

That being said. Jones is a phenomenal athlete, and great fighter...I'll always buy his PPV's and that's all that really matters at the end of the day. Cash is King!

People on here that support Sonnen are idiots...they are the same people that are currently putting jones down for refusing the fight.

In this intewrview jones was 100% bang on.....he did nothing wrong and now he is the bad guy...

any why should sonnen be able to just jump in and talk his way into yet one moew title shot...totally wrong!!!

Sonnen is trash...and at least jones has the guts to say what needs to be said about sonnen

Chael using PEDs only affects his body' date=' maybe you could argue it effected Silva also, but Jon Jones drunk driving can potentially KILL tens or people. Everyone on the street, or in that area could have been in danger of getting ran over or worse.

Honestly drunk driving is far worse than over doing testosterone replacement.

Plus, Chael never pretended to be a little innocent Christian boy, he always said he was an American gangster and this and that. So him getting caught for fraud only certifies his image. Jon getting caught doing all the stuff he's doing goes against his perfect image, or whatever he thinks he has.[/quote']

Or maybe he called himself an American gangster to justify all the wrong things he has done in his life - mortgage fraud, money laundering, high dosage use of TRT. He's going to do anything he can to make his name stand out. The guy has no shame whatsoever.

I know for some reason, people care what certain athletes do. I don't care for one second what Jon Jones does outside of fighting. The dude is not doing my accounting, he's not doing my landscaping for my home, etc. He's a fighter for MMA and he's a very good fighter. He does care about his legacy a bit too much to turn down multiple fights, but people will still watch and pay to see Jon Jones - if for nothing else, but to boo him. Not condoning any of what Jon Jones does, since the dude is still a young adult, but I really could care less who he is as a person as long as he fights and it's entertaining.

Otherwise, most of you wouldn't know his name at all.

Like I said before' date=' Chael does crazy stuff, and says insane things...but nothing he does goes against who he says he is. He might be a nutcase, but he's real. He's an "in-your-face" tough wrestler, that'll fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, and say anything about them to gain the mental edge. Jones on the other hand, is a divine creature from heaven (or so he says) who is morally better than all the other mere mortals around him...who just happens to enjoy drinking and driving on a suspended licence with minors in his car. He's actions contradict his speech, that's the only real reason I dislike him.

The way Chael talks, it's not a surprise he abused testosterone replacement and got caught for fraud, Jones, on the other hand...sheesh.

That being said. Jones is a phenomenal athlete, and great fighter...I'll always buy his PPV's and that's all that really matters at the end of the day. Cash is King![/quote']

If you think what Chael says as real, then you have been gotten to.

he knows all that man but he doesn't care cuz he's adressing morons with his non-stop rambling. He isn't adressing anyone with a brain. Of course educated people will also hear what he says and see through his game but that doesn't matter cuz there are enough retards on this planet to sell millions of PPV of a title fight based on whatever he says on twitter.

I said he was real' date=' not what he says. I know what he says is insane. But her persona, fight anyone, anywhere, anytime. That's real.[/quote']

I would fight ANY champion, at any time, anywhere because those main events would lead to serious money for me. I don't know anyone who is focused on making money who wouldn't be interested in that.

he knows all that man but he doesn't care cuz he's adressing morons with his non-stop rambling. He isn't adressing anyone with a brain. Of course educated people will also hear what he says and see through his game but that doesn't matter cuz there are enough retards on this planet to sell millions of PPV of a title fight based on whatever he says on twitter.

Exactly.

I would fight ANY champion' date=' at any time, anywhere because those main events would lead to serious money for me. I don't know anyone who is focused on making money who wouldn't be interested in that.[/quote']

Man, I'm not trying to bash Jones, or defend Chael. I don't really like either of them from a personality stand point. All I'm saying is Chael is consistent in his ways, personality and behaviors. Jones doesn't seem to be.

sonnen=failure in life

failed as a politician

failed as a criminal

failed as a son cuz his mom was his criminal partner

Failed as a cheater with roids

failed every time it really mattered in the octogon...

argue them facts morons...

he's made a crap tonne of money, and everyone knows who he is. he has a guaranteed path into commentating, as a wrestling coach, politics, whatever he wants.

sonnen=failure in life

failed as a politician

failed as a criminal

failed as a son cuz his mom was his criminal partner

Failed as a cheater with roids

failed every time it really mattered in the octogon...

argue them facts morons...

LOL! Seriously? I'd say ol Chael's doing ok in life. Beats typing in forums all day.

Stopped reading right there.

Do you know how much a fine for a DUI is in my state? About 300-600 dollars tops. Do you know how much Chael Sonnen's fines were for failing a PED test? Thousands of dollars, and a year's suspension, so essentially a several hundred thousand dollar penalty =/= 300-600 dollar fine.

chaels ped use more serious than jon jones getting drunk and smashing his car into a pole' date=' possibly even killing himself and anybody else in the proximity? really? did i just read that??? [/quote']

When there are millions of dollars and a man's career on the line? Yes, it is dramatically more serious. I could pay a DUI fine NBD. I could never afford to pay the hundreds of thousands of dollars that Chael had to pay / lost because of his PED abuse. I could work an entire lifetime and not pay that off. Sorry, but using steroids to try to win big bucks is the equivalent to robbing a bank. Comparing that to a common misdemeanor is non-sense.

Do you know how much a fine for a DUI is in my state? About 300-600 dollars tops. Do you know how much Chael Sonnen's fines were for failing a PED test? Thousands of dollars' date=' and a year's suspension, so essentially a several hundred thousand dollar penalty =/= 300-600 dollar fine.[/quote']

Lmao!

You're on a roll today huh.

Sorry, try your trolling on someone else.

Do you know how much a fine for a DUI is in my state? About 300-600 dollars tops. Do you know how much Chael Sonnen's fines were for failing a PED test? Thousands of dollars' date=' and a year's suspension, so essentially a several hundred thousand dollar penalty =/= 300-600 dollar fine.[/quote']

comparing monetary value to the value of a human life? for real?

Lmao!

You're on a roll today huh.

Sorry' date=' try your trolling on someone else.[/quote']

I'm not trolling, I'm being legit. Regardless, Chael Sonnen is a convicted felon who can't own a firearm or vote. I mean, I used the PEDs as an example of something that Chael did that was worse than Jon Jones because comparing a 300 dollar fine to hundreds of thousands of dollars is not even fathomable and a good man would never even commit this type of crime in the first place. It takes a special sort of person to use PEDs to try and rob someone of their championship title and legacy.

But if you disagree with that, that is find. At the end of the day, Chael Sonnen is a convicted felon who stole thousands of dollars from hard-working Americans, and tax payers. Millions of young men in Jon Jones' age group get a DUI. Millions of Americans don't go out and commit money laundering, or get convicted of felonies.

comparing monetary value to the value of a human life? for real?

More people are killed by texting and driving than drinking and driving. Does this mean that everyone who has ever texted while driving is evil? Hardly, home boy. It's a common, common crime that a majority of Americans commit at least once. Jon Jones just happened to be one of the unlucky ones who got caught.

More people are killed by texting and driving than drinking and driving. Does this mean that everyone who has ever texted while driving is evil? Hardly' date=' home boy. It's a common, common crime that a majority of Americans commit at least once. Jon Jones just happened to be one of the unlucky ones who got caught.[/quote']

You're comparing money laundering to a drunk guy crashing a car with passengers with him?

Which has the higher potential human cost? Jones drink driving, that is the worse crime here

You're comparing money laundering to a drunk guy crashing a car with passengers with him?

Which has the higher potential human cost? Jones drink driving' date=' that is the worse crime here[/quote']

Pretending that the people in the car with him were innocent victims.

I was in the car with a drunk driver when he wrecked. I made the conscious decision to get into the car with him. In fact, I was happy that he was driving because I knew if we got pulled over I wouldn't get in trouble. If anything, the driver is actually the nicest person in the car because he is putting his neck on the line for the other people around him. This was a frequently accepted fact in the Military when determining who was going to drive.

Pretending that the people in the car with him were innocent victims.

I was in the car with a drunk driver when he wrecked. I made the conscious decision to get into the car with him. In fact' date=' I was happy that he was driving because I knew if we got pulled over I wouldn't get in trouble. If anything, the driver is actually the nicest person in the car because he is putting his neck on the line for the other people around him. This was a frequently accepted fact in the Military when determining who was going to drive.[/quote']

Jones isn't in the military though is he? And there's no way that you can prove that the two women in the car with him are responsible for what happened. The driver is not the nicest person in this equation, he is a possible killer

I'm not trolling' date=' I'm being legit. Regardless, Chael Sonnen is a convicted felon who can't own a firearm or vote. I mean, I used the PEDs as an example of something that Chael did that was worse than Jon Jones because comparing a 300 dollar fine to hundreds of thousands of dollars is not even fathomable and a good man would never even commit this type of crime in the first place. It takes a special sort of person to use PEDs to try and rob someone of their championship title and legacy.

But if you disagree with that, that is find. At the end of the day, Chael Sonnen is a convicted felon who stole thousands of dollars from hard-working Americans, and tax payers. Millions of young men in Jon Jones' age group get a DUI. Millions of Americans don't go out and commit money laundering, or get convicted of felonies.[/quote']

My friend got a DUI. He Is paying 7k at the least. I'm done responding to your baiting.

Jones isn't in the military though is he? And there's no way that you can prove that the two women in the car with him are responsible for what happened. The driver is not the nicest person in this equation' date=' he is a possible killer[/quote']

I'm not saying that they were responsible, I'm saying that they were likely just as drunk as he was, and knew he was drunk but rationalized that they would rather him take the risk than them. That was why I got in the car with my drunk driver. I met him at a bar, and was going to drive myself home although I was scared of getting a DUI. When he offered a ride, I was like "**** yeah," and left my car there. I did this knowingly placing the burden of responsibility on him, and this is what the majority of passengers who are riding with drunk drivers do. Victimizing them is silly because they are just as guilty as the driver 9:10 times.

I'm not trolling' date=' I'm being legit. Regardless, Chael Sonnen is a convicted felon who can't own a firearm or vote. I mean, I used the PEDs as an example of something that Chael did that was worse than Jon Jones because comparing a 300 dollar fine to hundreds of thousands of dollars is not even fathomable and a good man would never even commit this type of crime in the first place. It takes a special sort of person to use PEDs to try and rob someone of their championship title and legacy.

But if you disagree with that, that is find. At the end of the day, Chael Sonnen is a convicted felon who stole thousands of dollars from hard-working Americans, and tax payers. [b']Millions of young men in Jon Jones' age group get a DUI[/b]. Millions of Americans don't go out and commit money laundering, or get convicted of felonies.

And millions more drive drunk, and never get caught. I'm sure a lot of forum members can relate to that. Or eventually will. Not saying I condone it, I'm just sayin'.