Should Super-Heavy weight be considered in the UFC?

Magerget

When this question came up in the past most people in here were under the impression that it would be a slow, boring, and unneccessary division. I, on the otherhand welcome the idea. Sooner or later there are going to be even bigger guys pushing the weight cut limits. We may as well give the behemoths a natural home. Personally, I think the HW division should have no weight cap. Problem solved then.

So' date=' I read an article about Eddy Bengtsson, a swedish super heavyweight fighter who is fighting for a title fight in "the Zone FC" and started wondering what that weightclass would contribute to the UFC.

Any opinions?[/quote']

You hoping they bring Rumble back?

No' date=' a 220lb Cruiserweight division is what is needed, but will never happen :(

The larger MW's would move up to 205 where they belong, the bigger 205ers like Rampage and Jones can go to 220, and the lighter HWs can drop to 220 like Barry, Cain, DeFries, Griggs, Jordan etc[/quote']

You've changed my mind. This is the best idea.

So' date=' I read an article about Eddy Bengtsson, a swedish super heavyweight fighter who is fighting for a title fight in "the Zone FC" and started wondering what that weightclass would contribute to the UFC.

Any opinions?[/quote']

And watch them gas in 30 seconds? No thanks. When I think of the most boring fights I've ever watched, most of them are heavyweight fights where the fighters have no tanks. But, maybe they could have all super heavyweight fights be 1 round :eek:.