Why do i have to press "1" for english!!!!!

BruteDion

This has to be one of the most idiotic,inbred,backwoods sayings I have ever heard

**** its even printed on shirt and is sold in many of the clothing store in the ****ed local areas

Why are ppl so ignorant to think that everyone has to speak english and only english...even when your not one the phone yourself...why should someone have to speak English on the phone at all time?

And how many times when an english speaking person visits another country and expects the ppl around them to speak english lol...I have seen this happen a lot

Now I'm not saying ppl on france,spain,southafrica ect should expect everyone to speak thier language at all but to be angry or expect everyone that does not effect you to speak it is stupid

Feel free to post other stupid quotes,slogans,ect

Thats what happens to americans in ANY country but america

Wrong. I went to Australia last year and they all bowed to me as I got off the plane. Every man and woman in the country lined up to shake my hand and the men offered their wives to me so that they could experience what it is like to be with a real man. Awesome experience.

Wrong. I went to Australia last year and they all bowed to me as I got off the plane. Every man and woman in the country lined up to shake my hand and the men offered their wives to me so that they could experience what it is like to be with a real man. Awesome experience.

Thats because their ancestors were all prisoners.

lol. this happens in most places. however, how was your experience when you ate their food?

Post of the year. Well done sir.

We have a similar situation in England where local councils must provide literature and phone services for over 40 languages. This costs a huge amount of money, and the literature usually informs people of benefits they are eligable for. So yes it's annoying. Call centre services aren't for tourists generally, and that is a totally different situation, tourists are treated very well by the English, even Americans. And we treat the French very well as there is no longer a shoot on sight policy and water boarding was outlawed.

We have a similar situation in England where local councils must provide literature and phone services for over 40 languages. This costs a huge amount of money' date=' and the literature usually informs people of benefits they are eligable for. So yes it's annoying. Call centre services aren't for tourists generally, and that is a totally different situation, tourists are treated very well by the English, even Americans. And we treat the French very well as there is no longer a shoot on sight policy and water boarding was outlawed.[/quote']

Generally speaking, when rednecks complain about speaking English in the U.S they're referring to immigrants from South America. I don't see why anyone would expect a a tourist to learn a new language for a short visit.

At any rate, people need to just chill the **** out and learn to some understanding and compassion for their fellow man.

Also, I'd hope to be treated alright in England. I'm always nice to people from the UK when I come across them here and I've never met one that was anything less than polite and friendly.

*edit- I used South America very broadly in this post. I realize Mexico is the majority of our immigrants and Mexico is in North America.

The reason English is the dominant language is because the United States and Great Britain are among two of the most powerful nations in the world. Back when Rome ruled the world, Latin was the dominant language worldwide. When Genghis Khan ruled the world, I'm sure a Mongolian dialect was the dominant language.

It is not so much 'who is ruling the world' but more importantly it is 'who has more buying power' or more businesses throughout the world.

We have a similar situation in England where local councils must provide literature and phone services for over 40 languages. This costs a huge amount of money' date=' and the literature usually informs people of benefits they are eligable for. So yes it's annoying. Call centre services aren't for tourists generally, and that is a totally different situation, tourists are treated very well by the English, even Americans. And we treat the French very well as there is no longer a shoot on sight policy and water boarding was outlawed.[/quote']

The usa just adopted a policy where all paperwork has to be in English or something I can't remember

If your actions are with paperwork is on the intent to help you at the burden of the state that's kinda diffrent and I can understand measures being taken to lessen that burden on the state (I.e all paperwork,phone calls in English)

But if its just personal for that person on the phone or filling out paperwork (I.e paying a phone bill over the phone or internet) then why the **** does Joe Dirt get mad that Juan Pablo wants to speak in Spanish when doing so?

Generally speaking' date=' when rednecks complain about speaking English in the U.S they're referring to immigrants from South America. I don't see why anyone would expect a a tourist to learn a new language for a short visit.

At any rate, people need to just chill the **** out and learn to some understanding and compassion for their fellow man.

Also, I'd hope to be treated alright in England. I'm always nice to people from the UK when I come across them here and I've never met one that was anything less than polite and friendly.

*edit- I used South America very broadly in this post. I realize Mexico is the majority of our immigrants and Mexico is in North America.[/quote']

This

Personal experience, and rare sharing of internal UFC information, to make a point:

A week or so ago, we sent out an "on sale" email for the tickets for the Brazil show. The person who hit send ACCIDENTALLY forgot to UN-check the PRE-CHECKED boxes for sending to the US (automatically pre-filled since our business is based here). This email was in Potuguese, as that is the primary language of Brazil, the location of the fight.

I saw a record high number of responses to our emails. The majority of people demanding we only send emails in English. A VERY close second was people angry that we sent them an email in SPANISH. :rolleyes:

I love our fans, but come on. I lost a little faith... :(

Personal experience' date=' and rare sharing of internal UFC information, to make a point:

A week or so ago, we sent out an "on sale" email for the tickets for the Brazil show. The person who hit send ACCIDENTALLY forgot to UN-check the PRE-CHECKED boxes for sending to the US (automatically pre-filled since our business is based here). This email was in [b']Potuguese[/b], as that is the primary language of Brazil, the location of the fight.

I saw a record high number of responses to our emails. The majority of people demanding we only send emails in English. A VERY close second was people angry that we sent them an email in SPANISH. :rolleyes:

I love our fans, but come on. I lost a little faith... :(

Misspelled Portuguese :(