Matt Mitrione would ?love? to welcome ?douchey? Jon Jones to heavyweight division.

megaman

(I can't put a link here beacuse of the swear filter, so just copy the thread title).

Matt...

No...

Just...

No...

He also comments on the whole UFC 151 drama.

Jones will beat every HW up until the top 5 or maybe even top 3, bank on it!

Matt asked to be what James Irvin was to Silva...

Don't worry Matt, if you do fight Jones you'll look just as bad as Irvin, Franklin, Leben and Griffin.

(I can't put a link here beacuse of the swear filter' date=' so just copy the thread title).

Matt...

No...

Just...

No...

Jones will beat every HW up until the top 5 or maybe even top 3, bank on it!

Matt asked to be what James Irvin was to Silva...

Don't worry Matt, if you do fight Jones you'll look just as bad as Irvin, Franklin, Leben and Griffin.[/quote']

alot of guys would beat Jones at HW

(I can't put a link here beacuse of the swear filter' date=' so just copy the thread title).

Matt...

No...

Just...

No...

[b']Jones will beat every HW up until the top 5 or maybe even top 3, bank on it![/b]Matt asked to be what James Irvin was to Silva...

Don't worry Matt, if you do fight Jones you'll look just as bad as Irvin, Franklin, Leben and Griffin.

Thanks my friend, you said exactly what I think about Jones at HW division.

Not a fan of Jones (Im that guy who wants him to lose, lets put this way LOL) but I know that will be hard to see.

Now, as you said at HW division, I think the only 2 guys to beat Jones would be JDS, REEM, and CAIN and yet they would have to be extremely careful for Jones TD (Reem and Jds) while Cain would have to be careful with Jones stand up, reach, kicks and tricky strikes !!!

That been said, Jones has virtually a chance of beating even top 3 IMHO. Would be harder than LHW but I believe Jones could be the HW champion fairly easy.

What a lot of ppl forget (regarding Jones at HW) is that Jones is a new breed/style of fighter and he would be extremely fast and skilled for all the HW in the house ATM.

I laugh hard when I see "blind haters" saying that they would "knock Jones head out" at HW ... LMAO

Thanks my friend' date=' you said exactly what I think about Jones at HW division.

Not a fan of Jones (Im that guy who wants him to lose, lets put this way LOL) but I know that will be hard to see.

Now, as you said at HW division, I think the only 2 guys to beat Jones would be JDS, REEM, and CAIN and yet they would have to be extremely careful for Jones TD (Reem and Jds) while Cain would have to be careful with Jones stand up, reach, kicks and tricky strikes !!!

That been said, Jones has virtually a chance of beating even top 3 IMHO. Would be harder than LHW but I believe Jones could be the HW champion fairly easy.

What a lot of ppl forget (regarding Jones at HW) is that Jones is a new breed/style of fighter and he would be extremely fast and skilled for all the HW in the house ATM.

I laugh hard when I see "blind haters" saying that they would "knock Jones head out" at HW ... LMAO[/quote']

let Jones face someone he doesnt have a size advantage over and he will crumble

Thanks my friend' date=' you said exactly what I think about Jones at HW division.

I laugh hard when I see "blind haters" saying that they would "knock Jones head out" at HW ... LMAO[/quote']

I cannot believe my eyes. A guy who supports Brazilian fighters is saying Jones would do fairly well if not great in the heavyweight division. Boy, you must be drankin' that grape drank. Lol

I'm glad there are posters like you, RodrigoRua. You're not a biased hater.

Lavar would KO Jones in all of 30 seconds

I cannot believe my eyes. A guy who supports Brazilian fighters is saying Jones would do fairly well if not great in the heavyweight division. Boy' date=' you must be drankin' that grape drank. Lol

I'm glad there are posters like you, RodrigoRua. You're not a biased hater.[/quote']

Nahh LOL .. I only support brazilians because Im from Brazil but that doesnt mean Im blind, right ?

And yes, time will show it. Jones will not be "destroyed' at HW as a lot of ppl believe.

First of all, because he will be still a ok size HW (not way smaller then other HW guys) he will stil have a good reach but most of at all, he will still have by far the better cardio and athleticism than like 95% of the division.

Again, not saying he would dominate as he does at LHW but wouldnt be dominated either.

Nahh LOL .. I only support brazilians because Im from Brazil but that doesnt mean Im blind' date=' right ?

And yes, time will show it. Jones will not be "destroyed' at HW as a lot of ppl believe.

First of all, because he will be still a ok size HW (not way smaller then other HW guys) he will stil have a good reach but most of at all, he will still have by far the better cardio and athleticism than like 95% of the division.

Again, not saying he would dominate as he does at LHW but wouldnt be dominated either.[/quote']

I went to Brazil once and I got robbed. NO JOKE

let Jones face someone he doesnt have a size advantage over and he will crumble

stephan-bonnar-jon-jones.jpg

He was green back then and he murked him...

Yeah Bonnar isn't exactly the best fighter in the world, but then again outside of the regulars in the top 7, HW isn't exactly rich with talent, hence why I said that Jones' real test will be when he fights the top of the top in that division.

I'm not saying he's going to lose when he gets there beacuse, he's a true mixed martial artist but some of those bigger guys are so good at one thing they make all the others seem unnecessary (JDS no ground game to speak of and to this day nobody has ever even come close to doing something to him on the ground).

stephan-bonnar-jon-jones.jpg

He was green back then and he murked him...

Yeah Bonnar isn't exactly the best fighter in the world' date=' but then again outside of the regulars in the top 7, HW isn't exactly rich with talent, hence why I said that Jones real test will be when he fights the top of the top in that division, I'm not saying he's going to lose beacuse he's a true mixed martial artist but some of those bigger guys are so good at one thing they make all the others seem unnecessary (JDS no ground game to speak of and to this day nobody has ever even come close to doing something to him on the ground).[/quote']

touche

My thoughts exatcly.

Nelson? Kongo? Lavar? Struve?

These guys would get finished all inside a round by Jones, ok maybe not Nelson but the haters get my point...

My thoughts exatcly.

Nelson? Kongo? Lavar? Struve?

These guys would get finished all inside a round by Jones' date=' ok maybe not Nelson but the haters get my point...[/quote']

Sometimes I even wonder reason why Dana/Fertita/Joe dont want Jones moving up is because they dont want the same "no competition" effect at HW division.

Lets face, nobody is really too interested on LHW because of Jones dominance. I meant, you saw Machida and Shogun (top 4) declining a title shot. if Jones didnt exist and lets say Evans was the LHW champion, do you think Rua and Machida would decline it ?

I can see that happening at HW too, believe me or not.

Sometimes I even wonder reason why Dana/Fertita/Joe dont want Jones moving up is because they dont want the same "no competition" effect at HW division.

Lets face' date=' nobody is really too interested on LHW because of Jones dominance. I meant, you saw Machida and Shogun (top 4) declining a title shot. if Jones didnt exist and lets say Evans was the LHW champion, do you think Rua and Machida would decline it ?

I can see that happening at HW too, believe me or not.[/quote']

I think that now that Jones said he wants to beat Tito's record title defenses he's stuck there until he does, so that means at least three more title defenses for him at least.

When JBJ wanted to go up Dana was right to make him stay for a in LHW for a while longer, since JDS hasn't really made himself into a phenom like JBJ.

I think that now that Jones said he wants to beat Tito's record title defenses he's stuck there until he does' date=' so that means at least three more title defenses for him at least.

When JBJ wanted to go up Dana was right to make him stay for a in LHW for a while longer, since JDS hasn't really made himself into a phenom like JBJ.[/quote']

No way. JDS must beat Cain once again and Reem to be considered "the man on HW division".

By beating them I mean a KO or a clear dominance UD.

Not to be a jerk, but you said only two guys at HW can beat JJ but then listed 3 fighters.

Also, Matt takes JBJ.

He hasn't even fought in the division' date=' he can not be a contender. He may be a contender at MW though, because he fought quite a few of them.[/quote']

So if Silva dropped down or moved up he wouldn't be a contender? What about Edgar moving down? What about GSP? They wouldn't be contenders either?