Overeem's chin...

Dolomite5698

Is it as bad as people say? The only time he's been out cold in MMA was from Khanitonov, Shogun, Chuck and Bobby Hoffman, back when Reem was like 19 years old. Chuck and Shogun are considered some of MMA's best KO artists of all time.

In K-1 he took some hard shots during the Grand Prix and wasn't even phased. Granted he had some 16oz gloves to cover up, he still looked fine.

I'm not saying he has a Hendo, Rampage, or Leben chin...but it's not like he's Schaub or Arlovski...

His chin is much better than Mir's and I really don't think JDS will just KO Reem standing like it's nothing. A lot of people seem to think that...

Just a thought. What are yours?

Is it as bad as people say? The only time he's been out cold in MMA was from Khanitonov' date=' Shogun, Chuck and Bobby Hoffman, back when Reem was like 19 years old. Chuck and Shogun are considered some of MMA's best KO artists of all time.

In K-1 he took some hard shots during the Grand Prix and wasn't even phased. Granted he had some 16oz gloves to cover up, he still looked fine.

I'm not saying he has a Hendo, Rampage, or Leben chin...but it's not like he's Schaub or Arlovski...

His chin is much better than Mir's and I really don't think JDS will just KO Reem standing like it's nothing. A lot of people seem to think that...

Just a thought. What are yours?[/quote']

A picture of Overeems chin

WFO-811.jpg

Reem's chin doesn't seem suspect to me. He's shown no signs of a weak chin during his time in the HW division. I'm with you.

However, I do see him taking a lot of shots from JDS and JDS follows up with a TD and finishes on the ground (t)ko.

definitely don't count overeem in a striker vs striker fight...

Reem's chin doesn't seem suspect to me. He's shown no signs of a weak chin during his time in the HW division. I'm with you.

However' date=' I do see him taking a lot of shots from JDS and JDS follows up with a TD and finishes on the ground (t)ko.

definitely don't count overeem in a striker vs striker fight...[/quote']

Yeah, I could see JDS TKO'ing him. But I really think Alistair could KO him just as easily. The guy has serious power, watch Reem vs Ben Edwards in K-1...my god.

Reem will be off the juice now and wont be effective

Testosterone and steroids are a lot different. Have you watched the trial that Overeem had on front of the commission? It's convincing man, I suggest you watch it before you say Overeem is a juicer.

As a personal trainer, I've seen people gain 40 pounds in five years on a consistent basis...so don't start with that nonsense please.

Testosterone and steroids are a lot different. Have you watched the trial that Overeem had on front of the commission? It's convincing man' date=' I suggest you watch it before you say Overeem is a juicer.

As a personal trainer, I've seen people gain 40 pounds in five years on a consistent basis...so don't start with that nonsense please.[/quote']

:( sorry lets be friends

Testosterone and steroids are a lot different. Have you watched the trial that Overeem had on front of the commission? It's convincing man' date=' I suggest you watch it before you say Overeem is a juicer.

As a personal trainer, I've seen people gain 40 pounds in five years on a consistent basis...so don't start with that nonsense please.[/quote']

Yeah, DUH! Overdose is not a juicer. He just accidentally overdoses every now and then.

come on man.

Testosterone IS a steroid. The most potent steroid when it comes to muscular growth, recovery and strength.

And when overoids got caught with 13x levels its solidified his cheater status. Forever.

come on man.

Testosterone IS a steroid. The most potent steroid when it comes to muscular growth' date=' recovery and strength.

And when overoids got caught with 13x levels its solidified his cheater status. Forever.[/quote']

You can get natural testosterone through sex, food, sleep patterns, exercise and various plants and roots. Sounds like a steroid to me.

Now and then? Or once in a 13 year MMA career?

Yeah. Once when you're training to fight for the biggest fight of your life for the most prestigious belt in all of MMA. Another time when your mom get's sick. A few more times when fighting in Japan. I mean, it's nothing serious. Things like this just kinda happen. Na' mean?

Yeah. Once when you're training to fight for the biggest fight of your life for the most prestigious belt in all of MMA. Another time when your mom get's sick. A few more times when fighting in Japan. I mean' date=' it's nothing serious. Things like this just kinda happen. Na' mean?[/quote']

Proof? I remember all the instances you're talking about, but only once has tested for testosterone, never anything else.

Proof? I remember all the instances you're talking about' date=' but only once has tested for testosterone, never anything else.[/quote']

Ah, damn, you got me there. If only Overdose hadn't ducked the test when he went to visit his sick mom or if he didn't fight in a country where they don't test... DAMN YOU OVERDOSE!

Ah' date=' damn, you got me there. If only Overdose hadn't ducked the test when he went to visit his sick mom or if he didn't fight in a country where they don't test... DAMN YOU OVERDOSE![/quote']

If your Mom was sick with cancer, you would go to see her too. He doesn't care about his MMA career as much as his Mom. And he doesn't care about his fans as much as his Mom either. Would you?

No, no, no. Testosterone is classified as a steroid. And an abnormal T/E ratio points to use of synthetic testosterone. Elevated Testosterone levels are considered performance enhancing and the rule book forbids PED's. Bottom line is Overeem took a urine test, his Testosterone/Epitestosterone ratio was revealed to be an abnormal 14:1. Overeem claimed that an ant-inflammatory med spiked his ratio (LOL), so the commission offered to perform a carbon isotope ratio test to further examine his ratio in which Overeem decline to submit. Why Alistair? Why would you not submit a B sample to clear your name and prove it really was your corrupt doctors fault lol.

No' date=' no, no. Testosterone is classified as a steroid. And an abnormal T/E ratio points to use of synthetic testosterone. Elevated Testosterone levels are considered performance enhancing and the rule book forbids PED's. Bottom line is Overeem took a urine test, his Testosterone/Epitestosterone ratio was revealed to be an abnormal 14:1. Overeem claimed that an ant-inflammatory med spiked his ratio (LOL), so the commission offered to perform a carbon isotope ratio test to further examine his ratio in which Overeem decline to submit. Why Alistair? Why would you not submit a B sample to clear your name and prove it really was your corrupt doctors fault lol.[/quote']

You got me there. I didn't know the commission offered The Reem to do that. Makes him look mighty guilty...

You got me there. I didn't know the commission offered The Reem to do that. Makes him look mighty guilty...

My guess was he was using an undetectable Growth Hormone or some type of steroid that does not trigger a positive test when the athlete submits a urine test. If he submitted blood work maybe it would have been revealed exactly what he was taking. But if it was just weekly dosages of testosterone eneathate, he would need to disclose this with the athletic commissions before hand. He would need to get an exemption (TUE) from the commissions, once the commission knows an athlete is on TRT they only check his Testosterone levels, a T/E ratio is no longer as important since they already know he is on TRT. So the commission does blood work which is the only way to obtain your exact levels. Think back to when Nate Marquardt got pulled from his fight with Story..

My guess was he was using an undetectable Growth Hormone or some type of steroid that does not trigger a positive test when the athlete submits a urine test. If he submitted blood work maybe it would have been revealed exactly what he was taking. But if it was just weekly dosages of testosterone eneathate' date=' he would need to disclose this with the athletic commissions before hand. He would need to get an exemption (TUE) from the commissions, once the commission knows an athlete is on TRT they only check his Testosterone levels, a T/E ratio is no longer as important since they already know he is on TRT. So the commission does blood work which is the only way to obtain your exact levels. Think back to when Nate Marquardt got pulled from his fight with Story..[/quote']

The whole Marquardt/Story things was almost as bad as UFC 151, luckily Kongo and Barry put on a hell of a show! Barry vs Morecraft was fun too.

Blood testing was always my first choice in sports like this. Unlike sports such as baseball, being "juiced" has a direct effect on your opponent. I will say though, to me, Overeem put on a good show, at least a somewhat compelling one to the commission. As long as he passes his next test and we can see him fight someone again, I'll be happy. Rothwell says he can beat Reem, I'd love to see that fight while JDS is taking time off from beating Cain again. (Or Cain beating JDS) However it goes.

The whole Marquardt/Story things was almost as bad as UFC 151' date=' luckily Kongo and Barry put on a hell of a show! Barry vs Morecraft was fun too.

Blood testing was always my first choice in sports like this. Unlike sports such as baseball, being "juiced" has a direct effect on your opponent. I will say though, to me, Overeem put on a good show, at least a somewhat compelling one to the commission. As long as he passes his next test and we can see him fight someone again, I'll be happy. Rothwell says he can beat Reem, I'd love to see that fight while JDS is taking time off from beating Cain again. (Or Cain beating JDS) However it goes.[/quote']

It would be awesome if all the commissions could adapt VADA and WADA drug testing standards with random blood work 8 weeks out from the fight. Unfortunately, this would cost a ton. However, the commissions are getting more funding now so fighters can expect more random drug screenings.

It would be awesome if all the commissions could adapt VADA and WADA drug testing standards with random blood work 8 weeks out from the fight. Unfortunately' date=' this would cost a ton. However, the commissions are getting more funding now so fighters can expect more random drug screenings.[/quote']

It would cost a ton yes, but I feel like the UFC could afford it haha. Plus, I think more fans would be interested because it would prove the UFC's legitimacy. It would be very interesting to see who falls and rises if that sort of testing took place. Especially if guys like Brock and Reem came clean, and Nelson and Russow tested positive! Could you imagine that? Lol

It would cost a ton yes' date=' but I feel like the UFC could afford it haha. Plus, I think more fans would be interested because it would prove the UFC's legitimacy. It would be very interesting to see who falls and rises if that sort of testing took place. Especially if guys like Brock and Reem came clean, and Nelson and Russow tested positive! Could you imagine that? Lol[/quote']

The UFC does not administer the drug testing, that is up to the commissions. But yeah, i agree. Guys would be getting popped left and right. We would see a lot more "upsets" in MMA.

The UFC does not administer the drug testing' date=' that is up to the commissions. But yeah, i agree. Guys would be getting popped left and right. We would see a lot more "upsets" in MMA.[/quote']

I feel like the UFC could afford to pay the commissions to do that though, or at least some kind of funding.