One of the things in miss from Pride

Bobo_Vieri

that the UFC could work on. Its the sound of the fight. What I mean is, and Im sure all Pride followers will understand, you could hear all the shots landing in Pride. You could just about hear the fighters breathing, grunting/screaming when they got caught in subs. It made the fight more intense to me.

I love to hear to cracking sound when a body shot or punch lands clean.

The crowd and music is so loud in the UFC events you can hardly hear any of this.

Maybe they could install mics cage side (or more powerfull ones).

Anyone out there catch my drift?

that the UFC could work on. Its the sound of the fight. What I mean is' date=' and Im sure all Pride followers will understand, you could hear all the shots landing in Pride. You could just about hear the fighters breathing, grunting/screaming when they got caught in subs. It made the fight more intense to me.

The crowd and music is so loud in the UFC events you can hardly hear any of this.

Anyone out there catch my drift?[/quote']

Yes, I agree. I think PRIDE in general was just more fun. It was more about the show, and the fights than rankings, belts ect.

Honestly, it was actually a little boring like that. The only fight where I really liked it like that was Sakuraba vs Newton. But then again its also considered to be one of the most technical fights to have ever happened in MMA..

p.s. Have you ever been to a UFC event? I assure you that the energy is amazing and if you've ever went to one, you probably wouldn't want them changing a thing. :D

yeah so true.. great shows. And they always had so many mismatches so you would always get some brutal finishes haha!

Yes, and freak show fights, like that 600 pound sumo guy who fought the little 160 pound guy lol (sorry, their names evade me) Honestly, I love mismatches sometimes, like McKenzie vs Mendes was a blessing to me!

Honestly' date=' it was actually a little boring like that. The only fight where I really liked it like that was Sakuraba vs Newton. But then again its also considered to be one of the most technical fights to have ever happened in MMA..

p.s. Have you ever been to a UFC event? I assure you that the energy is amazing and if you've ever went to one, you probably wouldn't want them changing a thing. :D[/quote']

I went to UFC 135, and the energy during Rampage's walk to the cage was INSANE. When he howled the whole arena howled with him and I felt shivers through my whole body. Good stuff.

Honestly' date=' it was actually a little boring like that. The only fight where I really liked it like that was Sakuraba vs Newton. But then again its also considered to be one of the most technical fights to have ever happened in MMA..

p.s. [b'] Have you ever been to a UFC event? I assure you that the energy is amazing and if you've ever went to one, you probably wouldn't want them changing a thing. :D[/b]

No I haven't.. I'm sure its an amzing experience, and I do love the UFC! Its just that I love the sound of the actual fight. I remember when watching Fedor fight in Pride the crack of his haymakers landing just made it more real, I could nearly feel those punches lol.

Yes' date=' and freak show fights, like that 600 pound sumo guy who fought the little 160 pound guy lol (sorry, their names evade me) Honestly, I love mismatches sometimes, like McKenzie vs Mendes was a blessing to me![/quote']

haha yeah! Everyone was hating on that McKenzie fight.. I loved every second of it (with all due respect to Codie)

haha yeah! Everyone was hating on that McKenzie fight.. I loved every second of it (with all due respect to Codie)

Too bad there was only like 32 seconds to love. I just remember trying to explain how big of a mismatch the fight was to my friends (who are new to MMA) before the fight, and they were like "Wow, you weren't exaggerating at all when you said it was a mismatch" after it was over lol.

I miss the Grand Prix and open weight tournaments in PRIDE a lot too...could you imagine an open weight UFC tourney? It would be epic.

that the UFC could work on. Its the sound of the fight. What I mean is' date=' and Im sure all Pride followers will understand, you could hear all the shots landing in Pride. You could just about hear the fighters breathing, grunting/screaming when they got caught in subs. It made the fight more intense to me.

Will never happen in the ufc because the fans there RESPECTED the fighters and the art itself. They were watching everything so silently to not miss anything

Will never happen with these drunk ignorant american fans

Will never happen in the ufc because the fans there RESPECTED the fighters and the art itself. They were watching everything so silently to not miss anything

God I know man, I was so disappointed after going to my first live event. I couldn't believe all the booing during some of the fights. I went onto twitter after UFC 135 and apologized to as many of the fighters as I could.

It's really disheartening to hear all the fighters talk about how much they hate American crowds, but after going to UFC 135 I can't blame them. Such a shame.

My hometown fans seem to be one of the worst bunch of fans too. Which is ironic because UFC 1 was where I am from :(

Too bad there was only like 32 seconds to love. I just remember trying to explain how big of a mismatch the fight was to my friends (who are new to MMA) before the fight' date=' and they were like "Wow, you weren't exaggerating at all when you said it was a mismatch" after it was over lol.

I miss the Grand Prix and open weight tournaments in PRIDE a lot too...could you imagine an open weight UFC tourney? It would be epic.[/quote']

yeah I LOL'd when Cody got dropped with the 1st body shot. Thing is I was really hoping he would get that guillotine in. Imagine How bad that woulda been for Mendes' career lol.

UFC openweight would be insane.. Imagine Carwin against Shogun !

Although the fighters mentality has changed a lot since Pride.. I wonder how many LHW or MW would be willing to enter the tourney and risk fighting monsters like Carwin or Overreem. Sonnen would defo do it :P

Plus the cagehumping does not make the situation any better. At least in Pride they stood the fight up/split it when there was no action.

yeah I LOL'd when Cody got dropped with the 1st body shot. Thing is I was really hoping he would get that guillotine in. Imagine How bad that woulda been for Mendes' career lol.

UFC openweight would be insane.. Imagine Carwin against Shogun !

Although the fighters mentality has changed a lot since Pride.. I wonder how many LHW or MW would be willing to enter the tourney and risk fighting monsters like Carwin or Overreem. Sonnen would defo do it :P

Dude, if Mendes lost to Cody, I would have gone into shock for like six months. I still can't believe he's made it this far into the UFC. When I first saw him on TUF, I really thought that was the last time I would ever see him lol

Sonnen would be so much fun in PRIDE, I actually think Shogun might be able to pull of the win against an aging Carwin...who knows? It would be amazing either way.

I think the Canadian fans have one-upped the U.S. in that department. Just look at UFC 149 for example. Or how about when GSP rematched Serra and the crowd is chanting "F U Serra". Btw, why does GSP always get to fight on his turf?

I think the Canadian fans have one-upped the U.S. in that department. Just look at UFC 149 for example. Or how about when GSP rematched Serra and the crowd is chanting "F U Serra". Btw' date=' why does GSP always get to fight on his turf?[/quote']

GSP trains there, makes Dana millions...eh. Just how it works I guess. it would be interesting to see him fight Anderson Silva in Brazil though. Remember UFC 134 in Brazil when Silva, Nogeuria and Shogun smashed Okami, Schaub and Forrest? Fun Stuff.

I think the Canadian fans have one-upped the U.S. in that department. Just look at UFC 149 for example. Or how about when GSP rematched Serra and the crowd is chanting "F U Serra". Btw' date=' why does GSP always get to fight on his turf?[/quote']

I didnt say Yankees. Americans include Canucks too

Both though are way better then the limey bastards across the sea

GSP trains there' date=' makes Dana millions...eh. Just how it works I guess. it would be interesting to see him fight Anderson Silva in Brazil though. Remember UFC 134 in Brazil when Silva, Nogeuria and Shogun smashed Okami, Schaub and Forrest? Fun Stuff.[/quote']

That was one of the best events I've seen. Can't believe I had Schaub winning that one.. LOL

Yeah i understand and miss how respectful the crowd was in Japan.

I was at the fox show when hendricks fought kos and literally 3/4 of the crowd was chanting "f u koscheck." you could clearly understand it during the live broadcast too lol. American crowds do really suck though, as an american i have no problem saying that. I am from philly and i say with confidence that there are no sports fans worse than those from jersey or new york. some of the most obnoxious people i have ever met.

It's not about ignorance or lack of respect - it's just a different cultural environment. At sporting events in Japan, it is customary to remain silent during play, regardless of what the event is. In America and other western cultures, this is not the case. In England, they have well rehearsed songs they break out into, in South America there are chants that roar through the entire stadium. I've heard many athletes talk about hearing the roar of the crowd is a rush that simply can not ever be fully explained until it's experienced.

For me, I personally have always enjoyed the Japanese crowd in both boxing and MMA. For the very reason you spoke of - the silence of letting the moment of sport speak for itself. But far be it for me to expect the person next to me to sit in silence, when that's not the cultural norm. And while it made for a somewhat unique experience in Pride, I think the silence would actually be (and was) unsettling for some people who didn't realize that's how they as a society enjoy sport.

It's not about ignorance or lack of respect - it's just a different cultural environment. At sporting events in Japan' date=' it is customary to remain silent during play, regardless of what the event is. In America and other western cultures, this is not the case. In England, they have well rehearsed songs they break out into, in South America there are chants that roar through the entire stadium. I've heard many athletes talk about hearing the roar of the crowd is a rush that simply can not ever be fully explained until it's experienced.

For me, I personally have always enjoyed the Japanese crowd in both boxing and MMA. For the very reason you spoke of - the silence of letting the moment of sport speak for itself. But far be it for me to expect the person next to me to sit in silence, when that's not the cultural norm. And while it made for a somewhat unique experience in Pride, I think the silence would actually be (and was) unsettling for some people who didn't realize that's how they as a society enjoy sport.[/quote']

Well said. It's just a different culture. I still enjoy shows in Japan where the crowd is dead silent for most of the fight. I agree with some of the points made in above threads - there are a lot of fans that get drunk, are disrespectful, and are quick on the 'boo-trigger.' But that's not all of us. Some of us just go there to cheer on our favorite athletes, and I see nothing wrong with that.

To the person who suggested putting mics in the cage, that won't do any good since the crowd noise would still drown out the sound of the fight, unless they're right on top of a mic. The only way to get what you want would be to tell the crowd to STFU, and that ain't happening.

I enjoy the quiet of Japan events. I also enjoy how they make much more of a spectacle of a whole event. A jumbotron, music, fighters will try to entertain with their walk-ins, etc...just beats the UFC method of people mingling and shouting at a camera if it's pointed at them, and fighters just walking to the cage from some tunnel (even kept away from the fans at this point) with music and some lame lighting.

Pride definitely offered a good alternative to how UFC does their shows, and I'm hoping we'll see OneFC continue to rise and become a rival promotion.

Yes' date=' and freak show fights, like that 600 pound sumo guy who fought the little 160 pound guy lol (sorry, their names evade me) Honestly, I love mismatches sometimes, like McKenzie vs Mendes was a blessing to me![/quote']

emmanual Yarabourgh vs Minowa i think it was

spelling is crap

GSP trains there' date=' makes Dana millions...eh. Just how it works I guess. it would be interesting to see him fight Anderson Silva in Brazil though. Remember UFC 134 in Brazil when Silva, Nogeuria and Shogun smashed Okami, Schaub and Forrest? Fun Stuff.[/quote']

yeah Nogueira by far got the loudest reception that night, after he KTFO'd Schaub and him and Lil Nog jumped on the cage, that was a real touching moment

Brazil- talks about killing fighters who beat fighters from there and boo winners even if it was a amazing fight

UK- cheer for there fighters as well and are just as bad if not worse then American fan