Govt steals family fortune of Rare Gold Coins

KINGnoob

The government confescating gold .. not really unheard of .. I remember getting a crash course in the government's history of gold seziure, specifically in the 1930s when I was still a poker dealer and thinking of investing in gold ... it was really quite an informative sales pitch detailing the differences between "investment" gold and "collectors" gold and their associated risks ...

I really wish I had locked up a big chuck of money when I had it ... gold was ~545/oz at the time :(

Unless im totally lost and not understanding the article' date=' then i would say it is suggesting then that even the cash i have on me now is not mine? Is that correct? Is that what you believe?[/quote']

Don't play dumb...back when the cash was based off gold then yes that gold did belong to a person

But that person was not just one person it was the masses that owned it since no exact one person could walk there with a collection of bills and say "hey I want my gold"

But all that was mute when the dollar was no longer based off gold

So here's the time line of events

A. Money is based off gold

B. Then the prez makes money no longer based of gold so the masses can have more bills that are less valuable and now the gold is owned by the govt and not the masses

C. Some director took said gold and sold it...that gold was the property of the govt so therefore it was stolen

D. The buyers of the gold (noticed I didn't use the word "owners") gives the gold back to the govt to see if it was real

E. Govt finds the gold to be real and was thier property and they keep it

Simple...don't play dumb

Unless im totally lost and not understanding the article' date=' then i would say it is suggesting then that even the cash i have on me now is not mine? Is that correct? Is that what you believe?[/quote']

To be fair, in the UK, notes aren't even really money, they're just vouchers to the value of a certain amount

It's not what I believe. It's fact. Possession of bank notes does not equate to ownership.

To be fair' date=' in the UK, notes aren't even really money, they're just vouchers to the value of a certain amount[/quote']

It's the same in the US. US currency is sole property of the Federal Reserve. If one actually reads the text on the money besides the number, they would already know that...

These are different bank notes' date=' from different eras. Notice the differences...

Pre-Great Depression/Pre-Federal Reserve note

[img'] http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c169.0.403.403/p403x403/540316_419608481409490_1392020624_n.jpg[/img]

Modern bank note

Andrew-Jackson-on-the-Twenty-Dollar-Bill.jpg

The pre-great depression/pre-federal reserve note looks like Leiting's father.