nfl suspensions for saints overturned

maxx77

Yeah' date=' it's terrible that he's looking out for players' safety.[/quote']

Do you not think that they get paid enough money to understand that they have a dangerous job? I agree with some of the stuff that he has done, and agreed with the bans that he handed out, but some of his other stuff I don't agree with, like shortening the preseason to 2 games

Do you not think that they get paid enough money to understand that they have a dangerous job? I agree with some of the stuff that he has done' date=' and agreed with the bans that he handed out, but some of his other stuff I don't agree with, like shortening the preseason to 2 games[/quote']

When a team is intentionally trying to injure other players, you have to set a precedent. They cheated, and they should be dealt with accordingly.

Do you not think that they get paid enough money to understand that they have a dangerous job? I agree with some of the stuff that he has done' date=' and agreed with the bans that he handed out, but some of his other stuff I don't agree with, like shortening the preseason to 2 games[/quote']

I was specifically talking about the bounty situation. The coach gets up in front of the players and points out their opponents injuries, and who is most susceptable to injury, the star linebacker puts up his own money as a bounty for his teammates to collect by hurting their opponents, but Goddall is the bad guy? Brett Favre should have sued the Saints.

I was specifically talking about the bounty situation. The coach gets up in front of the players and points out their opponents injuries' date=' and who is most susceptable to injury, the star linebacker puts up his own money as a bounty for his teammates to collect by hurting their opponents, but Goddall is the bad guy? Brett Favre should have sued the Saints.[/quote']

He still can presumably, but I don't think he will. Goodell can only really be the bad guy if they can somehow prove they were innocent, which they can't, and honestly I think more teams have done this, but the saints are the only ones to get caught

If there wasn't any money in the table' date=' would anyone give a ****?[/quote']

Yeah, Goodell would. The NFL is being sued by retirees, and a proactive approach to injuries not only reduces the NFL's potential fine but also shows the court how important player safety is.

while i do agree with Goodell on this hes still a freaking retard who needs to quit ****ing up football god if you even touch a QB you get freaking flagged guys like T. Brady need to man up

I completely disagree! He's trying to keep the government from shutting down the sport. The last thing we as fans need is congress telling the NFL how football should be played...

Tom Brady needs to man up?

Brady sacrificed his body on this play:

He also has alot of balls' date=' shown in this play:

[/quote']

Oh he's got ball that's for sure but he *****s bout every little hit and normaly he gets his way...he a cry baby...sure he has balls but he's still a cry baby

And **** goodell he don't care bout the players...he already has most of the QBs hating him lol

He expects defence players to go light on ppl...this is football...if u want to complain bout injurys then stay home woth your mom...this is where the men play

And those players suing the NFL for thier injurys are stupid aswell...they knew the risk...if I had the skill I still would play knowing the risk...multimillion dollars and I get to ball out for like 10 years **** yah ill take the risk

Oh he's got ball that's for sure but he *****s bout every little hit and normaly he gets his way...he a cry baby...sure he has balls but he's still a cry baby

And **** goodell he don't care bout the players...he already has most of the QBs hating him lol

He expects defence players to go light on ppl...this is football...if u want to complain bout injurys then stay home woth your mom...this is where the men play

And those players suing the NFL for thier injurys are stupid aswell...they knew the risk...if I had the skill I still would play knowing the risk...multimillion dollars and I get to ball out for like 10 years **** yah ill take the risk

Once again, I completely disagree! He's trying to keep the government from shutting down the sport. The last thing we as fans need is congress telling the NFL how football should be played...

lol at all the whiners in this thread.

It's a football game not hop scotch. Even Farve didn't have an issue with it.

This is like an mma fighter complaining he got punched too hard in a fight because his coach gave him a discount on training fees if he beat the crap out of another fighter.

Wrong, it would be like an MMA fighter snapping someone's arm after his opponent tapped because another fighter who had a grudge and an upcoming fight with said fighter paid him to do it.

Wrong' date=' it would be like an MMA fighter snapping someone's arm after his opponent tapped because another fighter who had a grudge and an upcoming fight with said fighter paid him to do it.[/quote']

No bad analogy. It's not like refs even called a ton of late hits, unsportsmanlike conduct etc..

Like you said no one would even be saying anything if it wasn't a money scandel.

If the hits were illegal refs should have called it as such. If not then fair play.

It's a football game not hop scotch.

No bad analogy. It's not like refs even called a ton of late hits' date=' unsportsmanlike conduct etc..

Like you said no one would even be saying anything if it wasn't a money scandel.

If the hits were illegal refs should have called it as such. If not then fair play.

It's a football game not hop scotch.[/quote']

The game being played in New Orleans, the year they were making a Super Bowl run to "uplift" Katrina victims could've possibly been why that happened. If you watch that video posted earlier in the thread you d see it wasn't fair play. I'm not a Saints basher, nor do I route for the Vikings but 2, maybe 3 of the hits in that entire video were what most would consider legal. Not only that but typically, if more than 2 legit roughing the passers calls are made, ejections usually follow for continuing violations.

We all understand that football is a violent sport, but when a team crosses the line and begins to try and intentionally injure someone it becomes a whole different animal.

The game being played in New Orleans' date=' the year they were making a Super Bowl run to "uplift" Katrina victims could've possibly been why that happened. If you watch that video posted earlier in the thread you d see it wasn't fair play. I'm not a Saints basher, nor do I route for the Vikings but 2, maybe 3 of the hits in that entire video were what most would consider legal. Not only that but typically, if more than 2 legit roughing the passers calls are made, ejections usually follow for continuing violations.

We all understand that football is a violent sport, but when a team crosses the line and begins to try and intentionally injure someone it becomes a whole different animal.[/quote']

I remember watching that game and thinking nothing of it. Looks alot worse when you take every tough hit over a 3+ hour game and put them all together back to back like that.

Again even Farve didn't whine about it. Sure they wanted to ruff him up but trust me if they wanted to intentionally seriously injure him they could have easily.

lol at all the whiners in this thread.

It's a football game not hop scotch. Even Farve didn't have an issue with it.

This is like an mma fighter complaining he got punched too hard in a fight because his coach gave him a discount on training fees if he beat the crap out of another fighter.

All the 50 year old former players would disagree with you. It's more like a fighter who got knocked out with a punch to the back of the head.

A three-member appeals panel has overturned the player suspensions in the bounty case. The panel did say that Roger Goodell could reconsider discipline only if there was evidence of intent to injure beyond just the performance pool.

According to Mike Triplett, this does not necessarily end the potential for discipline. Rather, the panel decided that a different arbitrator should decide punishments. In terms of league action, the decision is final and binding and would require a lawsuit by the league against the arbitration.

A three-member appeals panel has overturned the player suspensions in the bounty case. The panel did say that Roger Goodell could reconsider discipline only if there was evidence of intent to injure beyond just the performance pool.

According to Mike Triplett' date=' this does not necessarily end the potential for discipline. Rather, the panel decided that a different arbitrator should decide punishments. In terms of league action, the decision is final and binding and would require a lawsuit by the league against the arbitration.[/quote']

The whole ordeal is blown out of proportion. The majority or almost all of the hits were legal. Every defense is trying to hurt the opposing offense in the context of the rules. If you disagree with this statement you have clearly never played at a high level of competitive football. As far as pay for performance i believe that this voids some "contractual obligations" for players and the league and at the most the players should have been fined a game check or two. To suspend a player like Vilma for a season is ridiculous. He is one of the cleanest MIKES to play in the nfl and one of the most fundamentally sound football players you will see.

The whole ordeal is blown out of proportion. The majority or almost all of the hits were legal. Every defense is trying to hurt the opposing offense in the context of the rules. If you disagree with this statement you have clearly never played at a high level of competitive football. As far as pay for performance i believe that this voids some "contractual obligations" for players and the league and at the most the players should have been fined a game check or two. To suspend a player like Vilma for a season is ridiculous. He is one of the cleanest MIKES to play in the nfl and one of the most fundamentally sound football players you will see.

Well said.