What has happend to mainstream music?

King_Can

thats why i listen to underground metal, some **** gets big tho, but thats why you listen tot he good bands...

Gojira is kick ***, iv been following since 2004 and now there big but there still the same awsome...

i dnt like normal music, i usually listen to stuff thats a bit different too...

So, this may go hand in hand with the conversation, but can someone explain to me why Nickleback is so hated? I swear people despise those guys as if they have somehow hurt a member of their family. I thought the Rockstar music video was kind of a cool concept, and they seem like just another mainstream rock band doing their thing. They certainly aren't on my favorite band or anything, I kind of lump them together with Creed as just another popular band that isn't exactly for me per se.

Is there a root of all the hatred directed at them, or is just like the Justin Bieber thing where it's "cool" to vilify and hate on the popular musicians that you don't like?

So' date=' this may go hand in hand with the conversation, but can someone explain to me why Nickleback is so hated? I swear people despise those guys as if they have somehow hurt a member of their family. I thought the Rockstar music video was kind of a cool concept, and they seem like just another mainstream rock band doing their thing. They certainly aren't on my favorite band or anything, I kind of lump them together with Creed as just another popular band that isn't exactly for me per se.

Is there a root of all the hatred directed at them, or is just like the Justin Bieber thing where it's "cool" to vilify and hate on the popular musicians that you don't like?[/quote']

I dont hate him...just dont like his music and I think people tend to NOT explain the difference and what they are really saying. I don't like Sister Hazel but he(Ken Block) is one of the coolest people ever. He actually responds personally to his and resaponded to me on fb about a personal issue that he has dealt with.

Oh and for what it's worth, I'm not sure where you would place Moby on the "mainstream to underground scale", but I have recently rekindled my love affair with his music. Something about his sound has really spoken to my mood lately. Or perhaps his music has shifted my mood to match thematically with the music I've been listening to a lot lately.

Do you ever wonder which direction your mood and music goes? Do you think we chose our music based on mood, or does music alter our mood to fit the music? I'm not talking about the random song here or there, I'm talking about when for weeks at a time you seemingly listen to nothing but a certain genre.

Mainstream music has almost forever sucked ...

Nothing has happened to it you're just getting old ... it happens

And wtf are ya'll talking about eminem has fallen off? Evolved doesn't = getting worse ... maybe it's because I stopped listening after the eminem show so I skipped the whole "Just lose it" **** and relapse ... I think recovery is great ... bad meets evil is great