When did you become a fan? and viseversa.

MPxChamp

Simple thread really.

When and why did you become a fan of a fighter? and vise versa..

Fan,

Renan Barao, wasent a fan nor did i hate him, became a true fan after his fight with double chin. Unlike Carlos "run" condit he fights smart and also FIGHTS. And he seems like a honest guy.

Chael Sonnen, Didn't like this guy until the the whole jon jones fiasco started.

a man of his word.. what can i say more than that?

Vise versa,

Jon Jones, ignorant little punk. Hated him from day one really. I don't like his "im so special" attitude. We are all worth the SAME, ****..

Carlos Condit, wow.. where do i start? was a fan prior to the Diaz fight. People come with "But how can you hate him, look at his other fights! Bla..bla" i can't hear much from carlos **** in their mouth but something like that. It wasent just ONE fight.. he abused the system on the most important fight of his career, the one fight that matters.. im sorry but i will never look at carlos the same way ever again.

Simple thread really.

Fan' date='

Renan Barao, wasent a fan nor did i hate him, became a true fan after his fight with double chin. Unlike Carlos "run" condit he fights smart and also FIGHTS. And he seems like a honest guy.

Chael Sonnen, Didn't like this guy until the the whole jon jones fiasco started.

Vise versa,

Jon Jones, ignorant little punk. Hated him from day one really. I don't like his "im so special" attitude. We are all worth the SAME, ****..

Carlos Condit, wow.. where do i start? was a fan prior to the Diaz fight. People come with "But how can you hate him, look at his other fights! Bla..bla" i can't hear much from carlos **** in their mouth but something like that. It wasent just ONE fight.. he abused the system on the most important fight of his career, the one fight that matters.. im sorry but i will never look at carlos the same way ever again.[/quote']Matt Hughes for slamming Carlos Newton.

Dana%20JDS%20in%20Fire%20on%20FOX%20-%20GIF.gif?m=1343355263

I became a fan of rampage when he would back up his trash talk. Not so much anymore though.

Silva since he dismantled Leben.

Man I'm having trouble thinking of fighters I actually like. I enjoy watching mostly all of them. Can't call myself a fan of many though.

I do like Condit and will give him atleast one fight to redeem himself. If I didn't then I was probably never a fan in the first place.

I became a fan of Tito Ortiz after his rematch with Guy Mezger - walking over to the Lion's Den and flipping them off. The look on Ken's face was priceless. I always really disliked Lion's Den, and to see this brash young kid, who was a powerhouse at already in his young career, just completely mock them it appeal to me. I was afterall in the dawning of my teenage years, a time when rebellion spoke to me. Tito was like Stone Cold Steve Austin or The Rock - except he was real. It wasn't staged, this guy really was that ****y, the really did flip those guys off, he was just putting himself out there. I can vividly remember the anticipation building within me to see the Tito/Frank fight. It was the first time I had butterflies in my stomach waiting for an MMA event. He was the perfect anti-hero for me at that age.

Dan Henderson I began rooting for heavily after I saw a tape of him beating Yvel, Big Nog & Babalu in one night to win the RINGS King of Kings Tournament back in like 2000. Randy Couture I always respected, but I think I became a "fan" of his after he came out of retirement to beat Sylvia. I was so happy to see someone take that belt off Timmy, and for it to be done by an "old" guy who was much smaller, it was just an awesome moment to be wrapped up in. And finally, I became a big Chael Sonnen fan after the Filho fiasco where he should have been crowned the WEC Middleweight Champion - but instead he told Filho to just go ahead and keep the belt and then he moved to the UFC. I always really respected the way he handled that situation. Shortly after that it became publicly known he was politically active, and that kind of sealed the deal. The fact that he's proven to be one of the best trash talkers in the history of professional sports is just icing on an already awesome cake in my eyes.

Two guys that I just recently became fans of.

Matt Riddle, I'm sure I've seen him fight before but he never really stood out I guess. His last fight, I really liked his attitude and his genuine enthusiasm to compete. A lot of guys say they love to fight but with Riddle you can see it on his face. He looks like a kid running down to the christmas tree.

Weidman, he absolutely wrecked Mark Munoz. But what really made me throw my support in for him was his fan Q&A before UFC 150. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and has a very likable personality. I think his fan base is going to grow rapidly as he gets more time in front of the camera and more high profile fights.

I became a fan of Belcher because him vs Akiyama was the first mma fight i saw, i didn't really like him after that fight, but later when he fought Cote and used that piledriver move, i was more of a wrestling fan back then and it was cool to see something like that in mma.

became fan of Ellenberger and Condit after they fought

I became a fan of Bisping after he started Tko'ing people and becoming okay with his Bad guy hated persona and started accepting his losses more, and he's a good **** talker now too lol.

Also I really do respect people like him and Chael who always come to fight anybody at any given time and have the kind of competitive drive that he has.

I used to hate the Diaz bros but the more I watched them I began to love them and now they are my favorite fighters along with the Zombie who I became a fan of ever since I first saw him.

Ever since Jones won the title I slowly became less of a fan of his and when he dropped Machida and walked away that did it and Im not even a Machida fan. I also used to be a big Edgar fan until his constant whining after the fight Bendo fight

Simple thread really.

Fan' date='

Vise versa,

[b']Carlos Condit, wow.. where do i start? was a fan prior to the Diaz fight. People come with "But how can you hate him, look at his other fights! Bla..bla" i can't hear much from carlos **** in their mouth but something like that. It wasent just ONE fight.. he abused the system on the most important fight of his career, the one fight that matters.. im sorry but i will never look at carlos the same way ever again.[/b]

I'm proud of you

Simple thread really.

Fan' date='

Vise versa,

Carlos Condit, wow.. where do i start? was a fan prior to the Diaz fight. People come with "But how can you hate him, look at his other fights! Bla..bla" i can't hear much from carlos **** in their mouth but something like that. It wasent just ONE fight.. he abused the system on the most important fight of his career, the one fight that matters.. im sorry but i will never look at carlos the same way ever again.[/quote']

good choices

Jones- Since he Fought Bonner

GSP- I think it was when he fought Mayham i became a fan back before he got his safe fighting name and i stick with who i am a fan of.

JDS- Since he Knocked out Werdum

MacDonald- Since his fight with Condit

Pettis and Cerrone from back in the WEC can`t remember what fight i became a fan

Nick Diaz- Since the time i saw him first fight and then i hated him more when he talked

Koscheck- TUF 1

Anderson- I think since the second Franklin fight

Lesner-When he had so much hype before his fight because i guess fake wrestling makes you a good fighter.

I became a fan of the Nate Diaz because he wants to be the best lightweight in the world and will literally fight anybody in the world besides Gilbert Melendez to get there. Plus I just like how he fights. He'll take your best punch and still talk **** to you. I'm never sitting during a Nate Diaz fight. I'm like " Damn son did he's talking **** to this guy and woopin his ***.

I'm quite dissapointed that Jon didn't take the Chael fight. His reasoning for not doing so is BS. He had to of known he was going to have public backlash for not taking the fight. He's an idiot if he thought otherwise.

Edgar after his stellar performance against BJ Penn

Oh good one. I don't often think of Edgar as one of my favorites. I have always enjoyed his career, but his incredible performance against Penn is, to date, the largest amount of money I've ever won from a single bet placed in Vegas...now truth me told, I put a lot down on the bet, but it paid off big time. And ever since, I think I've had some remnant loyalty to him.

Became a tito fan after seeing tuf season3.

Was actually a shamrock fan, but after that season was rooting for tito.

Also became a fan of bisping and hamill during that season.

Became a jones fan, after seeing him destory Bonnar.

Became a anderson silva fan after watching his fight with Lee Murray

Simple thread really.

Fan' date='

Vise versa,

[b']Carlos Condit, wow.. where do i start? was a fan prior to the Diaz fight. People come with "But how can you hate him, look at his other fights! Bla..bla" i can't hear much from carlos **** in their mouth but something like that. It wasent just ONE fight.. he abused the system on the most important fight of his career, the one fight that matters.. im sorry but i will never look at carlos the same way ever again.[/b]

If you can't stand behind your fighter win or lose, you shouldn't call yourself a fan. You're not a real fan of any fighter. Take the guys on my list. Take anything they did wrong. Take any of their losses or bad attitude or whatever you don't like about them. I still stand behind them. Period. That's what a REAL fan does.

Machida - I was new to MMA and saw Machdia vs Sokoudju on TV and not knowing anything about the sport or fighters I picked Sokoudjou to win because he looked like a total bad *** and I expected him to wipe the floor with Lyoto. When Lyoto won I just really started to like him.

Big Country - TUF10, Anyone who beats up McSweeney is alright in my books.

Rashad - Really started to like him when he was pissing Rampage off on TUF

Michael Chandler - Became a fan when Me_Against_The_World introduced me to this monster and showed me why he's the best LW in the world time ago.

Jorgensen - Became a fan when I saw him dismantle some guys in the WEC. He also has awesome hair and tattoo's.

I agree with what someone said about Matt Riddle about his enthusiasm and shizzle.

BJ Penn - Been a fan since day 1 of me watching live MMA (UFC 101)

Anderson Silva - Same as BJ Penn's explanation ^^

Thiago Silva - Fan since day 1, taking all questions.

Josh Koscheck - I lol'd hard at him taking Daley's soul. :D

List will be too long, ended now.

Michael Chandler - Became a fan when Me_Against_The_World introduced me to this monster and showed me why he's the best LW in the world time ago.

Jorgensen - Became a fan when I saw him dismantle some guys in the WEC. He also has awesome hair and tattoo's.

I agree with what someone said about Matt Riddle about his enthusiasm and shizzle.

BJ Penn - Been a fan since day 1 of me watching live MMA (UFC 101)

Anderson Silva - Same as BJ Penn's explanation ^^

Thiago Silva - Fan since day 1' date=' taking all questions.

Josh Koscheck - I lol'd hard at him taking Daley's soul. :D

List will be too long, ended now.[/quote']

That was this guy. I also lol'd when he said butter toothed Brits at the post fight presser last time he fought.

That 1 part' date=' I was merely skimming through everyone's fighter choices tbh, lol. And I noticed your alot more than others.[/quote']

I meant the context of Riddle calling the British butter tooth'd. He was talking about when he fought in the UK some fan spit in his face, and it went it his mouth.

I'd be pissed off as well.

If you can't stand behind your fighter win or lose' date=' you shouldn't call yourself a fan. You're not a real fan of any fighter. Take the guys on my list. Take anything they did wrong. Take any of their losses or bad attitude or whatever you don't like about them. I still stand behind them. Period. That's what a REAL fan does.[/quote']

Truth be told i wasn't a hardcore die hard fan.

Just liked the guy, i was like this guy.. this guy fights.. he will never abuse or try to get a cheesey win.. and what happened?

My heart broke.. that's what happened :(

Don't say that i'm not a real fan, through thick and thin i've always been there for Mirko. Never gave up, still to this day.. I will always stand behind Mirko, its cause of him i started to train and fight. In my eyes he's still p4p1 and always will be. :)

I really enjoy watching just about every UFC fighter scrap. But what makes me a "fan" is their personality and sportsmanship. I think this is probably more important to me in MMA than other sports because there is so much downtime between events. When Condit steps in the cage, I get excited, after I dont think twice about him, unless speculating on his last/next fight.

But what gets me fixated on a guy like Jones is his demeanor. Especially during the downtime between events.

So who am I a fan of

#1 Machida: I think he brings back that childhood love of martial arts, being very proper and text book nice guy. Disciplined with his style and attitude. Respectful and confident. That and I love the guys style, its very unique, I love how it changes his opponents style, Machida fights like Machida, and others adapt. When he came on my radar, ORTIZ fight.

#2 GSP: I guess theres some Canadian pride, but its also the fact he is honest when he is asked a question. He doenst put on a fake facade, and act like a tough guy. He says he gets scared, he says he was too confident, he is very honest with himself and fans. A lot of people think this is a weakness, but this guy got to the top with that mentality. As far as his style goes, I dont think its that boring, but it does lack those killer moments fans love to tag in highlight reels. If you watch a Machida or Silva fight, its a lot of stare downs, very boring for 3 straight minutes, THEN BAM KO. So while GSP doesnt get that finish of late, those 3 minutes are not just standing there, so I feel his "boring" status is over exaggerated by meat head fans who dont know the subtle nuances of the sport. When he came on my radar, PENN 1.

As far as hate

Jones: didnt hate him up until the drunk driving accident, and no apology. No professional courtesy to fans, no extra work to say he wont drink again, or donate money to MADD. He just figured if he ignored it, it would go away. I dont mind when people make mistakes, we all do, but man up. Then this whole canceling of 151, its too much.

Thats about it. I used to not like Hughes and Evans, but theyve grown on me. But I wouldnt say I hated them.