NY police accidentally shoot shop worker to death think he was burglar fleeing scene

Kevbo_Jones

What a terrible tragedy. But let's not compound the mistakes by thinking these hard working police officers were deliberately negligent in their duties. It was a frantic moment' date=' created by the criminal, not by the brave men and women doing their job of upholding the law. The article itself states there is no sign the officers mishandled the situation.

My sympathies go out to not only the friends and family of the man who was tragically shot, but also to the officer who may never recover from this psychologically. I've seen a lot of good law enforcement people who have had deep seeded emotional scares from mistakes made in the line of duty.[/quote']

Thanks for putting it into perspective.

Im such a ****:(

Double standard. Some would argue that in cases with crimes against Caucasians or cases with missing or murdered Caucasians get more attention where "blacks" don't get the same concern or attention.

try googlin:

Trayvon Martin.

then try:

Daniel Adkins.

What a terrible tragedy. But let's not compound the mistakes by thinking these hard working police officers were deliberately negligent in their duties. It was a frantic moment' date=' created by the criminal, not by the brave men and women doing their job of upholding the law. The article itself states there is no sign the officers mishandled the situation.

My sympathies go out to not only the friends and family of the man who was tragically shot, but also to the officer who may never recover from this psychologically. I've seen a lot of good law enforcement people who have had deep seeded emotional scares from mistakes made in the line of duty.[/quote']

An innocent 20 year old man is dead. This coming at the heels of 9 innocent bystanders being shot by NYPD for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is absolutely no excuse for collateral damage. Police officers receive training for these exact scenarios. The blame should firmly be placed on the officer who murdered an innocent man. Being sympathetic to these types of incidents only further allows these poorly trained thugs with badges to do as they please...

An innocent 20 year old man is dead. This coming at the heels of 9 innocent bystanders being shot by NYPD for being in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is absolutely no excuse for collateral damage. Police officers receive training for these exact scenarios. The blame should firmly be placed on the officer who murdered an innocent man. Being sympathetic to these types of incidents only further allows these poorly trained thugs with badges to do as they please...

Lol it was an accident. You take things way too serious and personal.

Lol it was an accident. You take things way too serious and personal.

Someone is still dead that shouldn't be from police being OTT. Crime is down in NYC because alot of thier police are into brutality or shoot first and ask questions later. :rolleyes:

Im not saying a policemen's job is easy either but you'd be pissed if it was your loved one.

Someone is still dead that shouldn't be from police being OTT. Crime is down in NYC though because alot of thier police are into brutality or shoot first and ask questions later. :rolleyes:

Im not saying a policemen's job is easy either but you'd be pissed if it was your loved one.

You're right, I would be. But, if there was video evidence showing that my loved one was shot because he ran into a responding officer and the gun went off, I wouldn't hate that officer.

For some reason people like to place blame, even if an event was an accident. It's like society needs to blame someone. Some things just happen. I don't blame the officer for his gun going off, just like I don't blame McDonald's for making people fat nor do I blame Wal-Mart for being the site of 1000's of "accidents". Some things can't be prevented or controlled.

You're right' date=' I would be. But, if there was video evidence showing that my loved one was shot because he ran into a responding officer and the gun went off, I wouldn't hate that officer.

For some reason people like to place blame, even if an event was an accident. It's like society needs to blame someone. Some things just happen. I don't blame the officer for his gun going off, just like I don't blame McDonald's for making people fat nor do I blame Wal-Mart for being the site of 1000's of "accidents". Some things can't be prevented or controlled.[/quote']

Do you get paid vacation and get to keep your job if you "accidentally" kill someone? Didn't think so... Blaming an idiot for killing an innocent man is perfectly justified.

Exactely' date=' he literally ran into the officer causing the gun discharge. If you can blame anything on the officer it may be trigger discipline. When you're not shooting, your triggerfinger needs to be off the trigger and straightened alongside the gun[/quote']

Which would still qualify as negligence.

"video released by police shows the uniformed officer, his gun drawn, positioned outside the Bronx shop's front door moments after a 911 call. In a flash, the store manager rushes out the door. Closely behind with his head down is Renaldo Cuevas, who runs full speed into the officer, sending both men tumbling to the sidewalk."

that's why he died.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/101641279

Yet another example of US armed forces going full retard

Was this an attempt at an insult? You've failed miserably if it was. I don't support that ****. Or any of that "big brother/eye in the sky" stuff.

It's in Kevbo's nature to be distrusting.

Edited by Leiting

Was this an attempt at an insult? You've failed miserably if it was. I don't support that ****. Or any of that "big brother/eye in the sky" stuff.

I was actually going to respond to this in a similar fashion. Say what you will about Kevbo' date=' but he is nothing if not consistent and an equal opportunity conspirator and distrusting of most any government regulated body.[/quote']

My mistake, I grabbed the first among many articles about US Armed Forces going full retard, probably should have read the article first.

I probably should have posted about the killing squads, or the guy who killed 16 civilians, or perhaps maybe the hundreds of other incidents involving civilian casualties caused by US forces

Point is, everyone makes mistakes bud

My mistake' date=' I grabbed the first among many articles about US Armed Forces going full retard, probably should have read the article first.

I probably should have posted about the killing squads, or the guy who killed 16 civilians, or perhaps maybe the hundreds of other incidents involving civilian casualties caused by US forces

Point is, everyone makes mistakes bud[/quote']

You're still missing the point. Although I did serve in the US Army, you will rarely if ever see me support any of our recent wars or conflicts. It is imperialism under the guise of spreading democracy, and tyrannical at best. I do not agree with US foreign policy and think the US government has no business invading or occupying other countries and telling people how they should live. If anything, the US should be involved in Africa as most of those countries are run by crime syndicates and ruthless dictators, but they don't have oil wells every few hundred miles so its easy to see why it is ignored.

You're still missing the point. Although I did serve in the US Army' date=' you will rarely if ever see me support any of our recent wars or conflicts. It is imperialism under the guise of spreading democracy, and tyrannical at best. I do not agree with US foreign policy and think the US government has no business invading or occupying other countries and telling people how they should live. If anything, the US should be involved in Africa as most of those countries are run by crime syndicates and ruthless dictators, but they don't have oil wells every few hundred miles so its easy to see why it is ignored.[/quote']

I agree, you guys (and us) shouldn't be over there. But the thing is, the troops over there (who I think you support, if I recall correctly) are killing innocent civilians (deliberately and accidentally). So its not just "cops going full retard", there are people going full retard in every business, just these two have more severe consequences

I agree' date=' you guys (and us) shouldn't be over there. But the thing is, the troops over there (who I think you support, if I recall correctly) are killing innocent civilians (deliberately and accidentally). So its not just "cops going full retard", there are people going full retard in every business, just these two have more severe consequences[/quote']

No, I do not support the military's actions in the middle east, up to and including my own while I was there. That doesn't mean I will purposely attack individual service members. Many of them are in the same conflicted situation I was in and are being ordered to do what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of ignorant flag waivers serving now that just want to shoot those "evil muzzies" but I'd guess the majority of service members are against those wars.

No' date=' I do not support the military's actions in the middle east, up to and including my own while I was there. That doesn't mean I will purposely attack individual service members. Many of them are in the same conflicted situation I was in and are being ordered to do what they're doing. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of ignorant flag waivers serving now that just want to shoot those "evil muzzies" but I'd guess the majority of service members are against those wars.[/quote']

Alright, but all I'm trying to say is, in any high risk/stress situation (war, policing) there is bound to be accidents, especially when weapons are involved, and to judge the entire NYPD as a whole for what seems like an accident is pretty stupid, just like judging the entire US armed forces for the actions for a few is stupid as well

Alright' date=' but all I'm trying to say is, in any high risk/stress situation (war, policing) there is bound to be accidents, especially when weapons are involved, and to judge the entire NYPD as a whole for what seems like an accident is pretty stupid, just like judging the entire US armed forces for the actions for a few is stupid as well[/quote']

The basis for my judgement is not wholly on this one incident. This is the second time in as many weeks that a major incident has come out of that department. Couple that with the fact that because they switched over to a 4lb trigger squeeze pressure Glock(which produced a very high by stander casualty rate) with an additional 8lb modification(which has caused the opposite effect for trigger happy officers as they over compensate and squeeze the grip to counter the weight mechanic producing far greater risk for inaccuracy and poor firing mechanics)that has resulted in a 15% accuracy rate on NYPD range qualifications, plus NYPD turning down applicants who scored too high on the IQ portion of their testing and you'll begin to see where I'm coming from.